Growing again, or at least I am trying to!

Thank you dbrn32. I appreciate your knowledge. Will do. I think she’s ready. Everytime I have increased the light (whether its lowering the light or turning it up she has liked it). So the light was turned up a little. I went to our local big box home improvement store (Lowe’s) and asked for a watt meter. The guy looked at me as if I was speaking Russian or something. He went to their “expert” and then pointed me to a $60 multimeter. While I know I could probably get the job done, I dont want to have to read for an hour on how to do it. I told them its a little LED meter that you plug the light (in this case) into and it measures the amount of watts an appli a nice is pulling. I guess I will have to order one. And dbrn32, do you really think I need this meter? I can guesstimate about half power, 1/4 power, and so on. Betty is doing fine, and the light goes up a bit starting today. Will have an update with pictures this weekend. Comments and suggestions always welcome! Have a great FRIDAY everyone!! Funny how Friday looks a lot like “fried day.” Coincidence? Things that makev you go Hmmm. Peace…

5 Likes

As a French kid I always had trouble differencing Tuesday and Thursday. I finally did it by associating Thursday with “Thirst day”, because I was paid on Thursday and could buy beer! :crazy_face:

10 Likes

There ya go Kap!!! Thursday is “thirst day” and Tuesday is “two day” so two of everything- joint, ounces, bong hits and so on. Wednesday is “whens day”. Whens that hash gonna be ready. I will call you “when” I have smoked too much!!! That leaves Monday. When are you gonna give me that # “mon?” OK, I have beat that horse enough for now.lol

4 Likes

To be honest, you don’t need a multimeter for your lights. However, buying one and learning how to use it could be invaluable as a homeowner, auto mechanic, or number of other things. If you just want to know how much your lights are consuming you would want a killawatt or smart plug. Something like this would do

https://www.amazon.com/BALDR-Electricity-Monitor-Consumption-Killawatt/dp/B07Y1SLZ8W/?tag=greenrel-20

5 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you dbrn32. That is exactly what I thought, that I didn’t need a multimeter for that. I will order the one you posted.I am guessing Kaptain thinks multimeters are funny. As always, thank you very much for showing me the way. Peace…

3 Likes

Good morning peeps!
I checked on Betty this morning and got a little proactive on the antibiotics issue. I sprinkled some diamatacious earth on the soil, and still have my sticky traps beside the pot. She is looking good. In the picture you will see the diamatacious earth on the soil (its organic, and a white/cream color). You will see on the leaves that a little of the dim. earth got onto the leaves. I will gently clean that off.

I also turned up my 135 r spec light up a little.Thanks for all your suggestions. I will have another update soon. Peace…

11 Likes

Lookin’ goooood Pathman! She’s loving life! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Jeez- I just saw where spell check made a change I didn’t see in the last post. I have no idea how “…getting proactive on the antibiotics issue” came up. Of course it was supposed to be “anti bug” issue. I do not have any bugs at this point, and thought it couldn’t hurt to be a little proactive instead of reactive. The dim. Earth is good for the plant so its a win win situation. Nothing new to report, as she is slowly but steadily growing. I will begin adding some compost for the worms to eat. I am also going to add a little nitrogen in to make sure she’s ok there. I have heard from reputable growers that cal mag is a must when growing natural like this. Right now she is a happy girl, but that can always change. I will have an update tomorrow or Tuesday with pictures. Good luck on your grows out there. Peace…

6 Likes

@patchman your plants look really healthy at that stage very vulnerable stage also but your stem is pretty good size man in the organic soil homemade that is I’m interested how much they will like it looks spectacular organic is the way to grow :+1::grin::grin::v:

2 Likes

I know I have my fair share of “auto-correct vs. typing while medicated” moments and we all have to take that leap and guess that… maybe you really are on top of your antibiotics game with your plants (ha! haha!), or anti-bug works also! Some people are much better typing while high than others.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing great today. Its been 4 days since I transplanted Betty from her solo apartment to a bigger place. Looks like she is about to outgrow this apartment. I have to get some perlite today. This soil is really retaining water. I have not watered since I transplanted her. The water meter says she is still moist from 2 inches down to the bottom of the pot. Might do a little training with her. I am just watching how she is developing. Even though she is moist below I would like to get her some cal mag or some other nitrogen rich.amendment. Her leaves look a little different green today. What does everyone think?

8 Likes

I was thinking the bottom leaves in that top picture looked a little off colour. A little N wouldn’t hurt. What’s the runoff like :face_with_monocle:

Get that girl a mansion!:grinning:

3 Likes

AfgVet-
I know, right? Its only been 4-5 days since the last transplant. I am going to increase the intensity of the light a little and get ready for another transplant. This time it will be to a 3 gallon pot. That will be the penthouse and final place for her. She turned 1 month old today. Thanks for your suggestions and comments! Peace…

3 Likes

Davyg-
The picture you are referring to is a little misleading. Those leaves are in the shade and there is hardly any diamataceous earth under them. That light color that is missing under those leaves makes the color look different. None the less, I am going to give her a little boost of nitrogen. Thank you for your observations, comments, and suggestions. Always welcome. Peace…

3 Likes

Good combination Enlightened420. I should have added perlite, so now I will add it after the fact. I haven’t transferred her to the 3 gallon yet, so I will mix in some perlite into that soil. I tell you what, that organic vermiculite sure does make that soil retain water. And I didn’t use that much (one part vermiculite to 6 parts peat moss). I have made a note of it and will mix some into the soil that was left over. Peace…

3 Likes

This comes from an organic Australian company
organicgardeningsolutions dot com
Very high quality products. The super soil was amazing, modified version of Subcools recipe… :v:

1 Like

Hello again- I did a little house cleaning in the tent. My girl grew over 3" in 5 days, so I adjusted the light, which is now 16" above her. I did the hand test and we are all good there. I sprinkled a very little bit of blood meal around the edge of the pot and watered it in a little. My organic blood meal was 15-0-0, so that should give her the nitrogen she needs. I have to be honest, I am thinking she is almost ready for another transplant!

I am thinking in the next 3-5 days. And what does the panel say? @Hellraiser how bout you? I am not going to do the transplant until I mix in some perlite. The vermiculite is causing too much water retention. She is still pretty moist down on the lower third of the pot. On another note, my worms are not making it in my soil. Not sure why. I am giving them some compost and other food, but something is off somewhere. My guess is that the soil is retaining too much water, and they aren’t getting enough oxygen. I will go with a fabric pot next time. That with some soil adjustments should help. I will update again soon. Oh, I clipped off part of a leaf that was blocking light to another bud site. I am not sure I am gonna keep that site, as it is awfully low.

Thats about it for now, I will have another update again soon. I might try to get pics of the transplant, but I have no idea how I am gonna make that happen. Peace…

8 Likes

Could probably go another week or 2 before transplant. I don’t transplant until the plant is sucking the pot dry in a day or 2 after a full watering, that tells me there are more than enough roots to hold together the soil so it won’t fall apart on you when you pull it out of the pot, which is the worst thing that can happen during a transplant.

2 Likes