Growing again, or at least I am trying to!

Hey everybody!
I have finally got everything in order and growing again. This will pretty much be grow #1 for me since I am starting off with a lot of different stuff. For this grow, it will be indoors,
New gorilla shorty tent (2’x2.5’x5.7’),
New HLG 135 r spec qb light, New afinity T6 exhaust fan and filter, and a soil I made up (living soil). I am growing only 1 plant, ILGM Blueberry Auto. She broke soil this morning and is in a solo cup with a clear cup as a dome and I am keeping it misted. I am using a t5 light for now at the recommendation of our light guru, @dbrn32. I will switch to the HLG later. The soil I made up is close to one of the soils that they made on a video on build a soil’s website. I used some different amendments. If my grow is successful I will be happy to share the recipe. Here is the pic this morning.

. Its been 72-75° and humidity in the tent is 53%. Lights are 18/6 schedule. I will post again in a day or two.
@Hellraiser, @KeystoneCops, @kaptain3d, @Davyg
I tagged you because I am asking for your guidance on this grow. Will be happy to answer any questions.
@CoyoteCody, @Covertgrower, @Enlightened420, @Tenga, @flyinghigh,
I will add the next wave soon!

28 Likes

Cool beans mi hombre, Im watchin!!
:purple_heart::+1:t3::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m out of likes still, but you know I’m set to watching!

2 Likes

Awesome, good luck with the grow :+1:

2 Likes

Set to watch and help if I can! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I’ll
Be lurking.

3 Likes

Wishing you a great grow, we’ll be here for you.

2 Likes

Best wishes for a successful grow! Sounds like you have your ducks in a row.

1 Like

Is that considered a patchlet?

2 Likes

Thank you for the tag. Can I just say that soil looks perfect :heart_eyes:. Best of luck with this and let’s get dialed in here :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello @patchman,
Very excited to see you with your new baby girl. :+1: I am sure that you will have an exciting journey man and i wish you all the luck my friend. Thank you for your invite and cant wait to see the results.
Be safe and have a magic day.
Happy Growing

1 Like

I’m along for the ride as well!

1 Like

Thanks for tagging along Sam. She is now all the way up.

9 Likes

Davyg-
The one thing I never remember getting an answer on is the difference between perlite and vermiculite. Which would you use in your mix?

2 Likes

Vermiculite holds water perlite doesn’t so perlite is better for aerating and vermiculite is better for outdoor growing

4 Likes

Vermiculite can also add potassium and magnesium to your medium.

5 Likes

Appreciate the tag Patch,
I’m on the taggin wagon Gromie :v:

1 Like

I went with an organic vermiculite, because I remember someone telling me to do that. I will just see how she does, and let her tell me what she needs. I plan on adding worms for aeration in a few days. Thank you Davyg!

2 Likes

You’ll be fine you just need to water less often

2 Likes

Hey folks! I am going full tilt boogie on organic, natural growing. I really don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way, but it has been my experience that some of the experienced growers go with certain soils,coco, nutes, lights and all. It seems that anything that is popular on our forum causes a shortage of whatever it is with the retailers. You all get fantastic results and I am happy for all of you. But this will be a step in the direction I want to go as a grower. Just water and go. No 4.6 grams of this per gallon, and on and on. Thats a little bit complicated for me to keep up with. It has nothing to do with yall. You guys and girls are my buddies, and thats how I would loke it to stay. Anybody is welcome on my thread. Let me tag some other people in here. @ashhhh, @Se7en, @pptrsha1, @Oldguy, @OlyBoy98503 welcome yall! I know I am forgetting a load of people, I will do my best to get you in. We still got cotyledons, so its still very early in the game here

17 Likes