Grow time for autos

Another question from the newbie here.

When the information about the seed, GGA, says “flower/8 weeks”, does that mean from seed to harvest? Or, does it mean from the first sign of flowering?

3 Likes

From about 2 weeks after pistils first show

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

All plants are different so they will have different harvesting times and growth rates. As a rule of thumb they say autos usually take 8 to 9 weeks but that’s just a rule of thumb. Like I said all plans are different. Happy growing

2 Likes

The 8 weeks is your flowering period. I usually grow photo period seeds. With photos you can manipulate the veg to suit your environment and clone them to extend your grow significantly.
For autos they should start flowering no matter what your light schedule is. Some say they run lights for 18 hours and dark for them remaining 6 hours. If you can keep the air flow and temperature down this may be a great option. Although your plants do need some down time just like us animals. So I wouldn’t try to extend that light period past 18 hours.
I’ve found that the 12 hours on and 12 hours off after the first signs of flowering keeps your plants more compact and the buds tight.
I’ve even had autos that would not start flower until I dropped my lights schedule down to 12 x 12.
I have one that flowering fine now(Wedding Cake ILGM) after dropping to the 12x12 sched.

3 Likes

I agree! Autos kinda do what they want. But times that are advertised, are for the flower stage. Just add how long they veg, and add flower time. I just had a Blueberry finish in 64 days! And that was from seed! Never seen anything like it! And it was really good! Exception, not the rule!

4 Likes

Figure average about 3 months for autos from seed to harvest. Some go longer, a few go shorter. 3 months is a good guesstimate for the majority of autos.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone!