Grow Tents...What Ya' Got?

I had never heard of that brand, thanks for the heads up! I looked them up and they sound really nice…especially since you have one. Looks to be competition for Gorilla.

Not a bad price $299 for a 5x5 with a 12" extension. Didn’t give a height & its not available yet sez comming soon. Oh yeah & shipping costs too

Height is 96” tall 8’

I got the infinity tent. 4x4 I did not take out the box but, already I see the tubing is heavier then the vivosun. Diameter is bigger. Has a nice carry bag. Nice zipper on it. Will be setting up room soon and will give a full critique when I do.

2 Likes

@treeking @BeeKeeper2

We anxiously await your comments!

2 Likes

I have a 5x5 AC Infinity tent and you’re right they always say sold out…I think I wrote them or Amazon about wanting one and the next day…BAM…Amazon said they had 4 in stock so I quickly purchased…it is pretty solid. Heavy material, and heavy guage poles too…to be honest, a couple of pin holes and a little light peeking out of the zipper. All in all I likey!

1 Like

Bob how is the frame, I have a HLG 650 spider & it weighs about 38 lbs. & a 6" AC fan. Think it’ll be O.K. with that & probably a hair more?

1 Like

I just got the 2x4x8 , heavy duty for sure but if your concerned with weight use the additional support bars to hold the shape better

2 Likes

Congrats on the new tent! How are the zippers? Light weight? Heavy duty? Smooth? Do they hang up?

Enquiring minds want to know! :laughing:

Thanks

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve bought 3 tents in total. 4x8 which was decent but not quality then I got a 4x6 gorilla great quality but paid for that quality.

This one I feel falls in the middle, the zippers are fantastic no sticking, glides like a wet dream !! That being said it does allow some light to peak thru the zipper, which is why they most likely added the additional 3” overlap of the serious Mylar! I mean this stuff beats what gorilla is putting out there!

The poles are sturdy and there’s a snug fit to the shell. All in all I am happy with this purchase. Much happier than the other two if I’m being honest but it has a lot to do with experience at this point I’m sure

6 Likes

The tubing is pretty heavy duty. Bigger diameter then the tubing in my vivosun. I am sure it will handle the 650.

3 Likes

Sorry I meant @pillsbury for the weight question!

Thanks to you & @PharmerBob gonna keep looking at teir site till they say they have more in stock

3 Likes

Thanks PhBob!!! We couldn’t ask for a better comparison than what you provided is!!

Zipper music to my ears, brotha!!

2 Likes

So I forgot to tell you guys how it went. I got the 5x5x80" Room shape and ceiling slope didnt allow for both tents so I finally set up the AC Infinity and the vivosun is being returned for a second shorter ac infinity tent.

This thing is heavy and way thicker - claims to be thicker than most high-end tents. It helps better maintain stable temps and rh which I have struggled with due to a winter grow in an old attic. Zippers are smooth as skates. The reflective material is also better(shinier, idk how to describe). Overall this thing is great. The poles are thick and plenty of port openings.

Not many negatives yet. The one large door limits flexibility, and some of the port positions I feel could be better. Overall its great quality and now I just have to decide on a size for a second tent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update TK…music to our ears bro!

What do you mean…“The one large door limits flexibility”?

2 Likes

There is only one door, unless I haven’t figured outt another yet. I see it potentially being an issue with a full canopy and no way to reach the back of the tent without opening it all the way up.

3 Likes

I have to admit, I like the one zipper door…especially since I grow autos. The Gorilla with it’s 5 zipper door to open it all the way is a PITA…but knowing the zippers are reliable makes it worth it. BUT, I’m now leaning towards the Infinity for their 2x4x60" for the one zipper opening as my 3rd tent…it’ll be in mid February. Thanks for the clarity on the Infinity tent.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t even notice it had only one door! lol That wouldn’t be so bad (if the door unzips 3 sides) but looks like some of the ports are through the door. I will not have head room for any hoses out the top. My first grow I had a hard enough time reaching the back two plants in scrog. I could use it as the vedge and use vivosun as flower tent. I have wheels on the vedge pots. Just thinking out loud…

2 Likes

Rate my setup? Fox farm nutes and mother earth coco coir 70/30 mix with perlite and fabric pots 5 gal. 5x5 vivosun veg tent with clones and 5 new seeds a 4 in ac infinity fan, small 6in fans on every corner and VIPARSPECTRA 1350 light. 4x8 vivosun flower tent 6 in ac infinity fan, 2 marshydro 3500’s, small fans in every corner, and 2 big strawberry cough plants day 26 in flower

1 Like