Grow Tents...What Ya' Got?

New set up with the marshydro sp3000 led

2 Likes

Your setup looks great. Are the seedlings the super pack?

Yep running the super pack while it was on sale for 189. So far just 1 GSC extreme hasn’t popped from the medium but 4 out of 5 isn’t a bad germination rate

1 Like

1 Like

Hey folks! Here’s my setup, if you’ve got any feedback I’d love to hear from you.

In one pic, tent #1 is labled as Propagation, but now it holds an ILGM Gold Leaf Photo. Tent 3 contains 12 autoflowers right now, ILGM Banana Kush auto, and ILGM Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos. Yes, I like ILGM :slight_smile:

Environment

• Region: Southern California
  • Indoors: Garage 20’ x 30’ with three grow tents
  • Lighting Schedule: 18/6
  • Soil: Fox Farms Ocean Forest
  • Nutrients: CalMag, Fox Farm Trio (Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom). Nutrients given once per week at 1/2 strength, watered with RO+CalMag in between nutes.
  • Water: Reverse Osmosis filtration. RO water is collected for use in a 30 gallon basin that is continuously agitated with a fountain pump. Plants are watered until there is runoff.
  • Tent Temp: Summer 70-100F, Winter 60 - 75F
  • RH: 45%, maintained by DIY evaporative cooler and a separate purchased dehumidifier.
  • PH: 6.4
  • Pot Site: 5 gallon buckets (#2 plastic) with drain holes drilled.
  • Drainage: Water is collected via a wet vacuum after each watering.
  • Ventilation: All tents draw air from the garage. Tents 1 and 3 exhaust to a ducting system that vents through a port to the outside of the garage. Tent 2 exhausts passively into Tent 1. There is a separate intake port for fresh air into the garage from outside.

Tent 1

• Tent: Ohuhu 5’ x 5’ x 80"
  • Light: Mars Hydro TSW 2000
  • Ventilation: Active Air 6" 400 CFM fan with carbon filter
  • Electrical draw: 454 watts, 3.8 amps

Tent 2 (Drying Tent)

• Tent: TopoGrow 2’ x 4’ x 72"
  • Ventilation: Light baffle connecting to tent 1 via a 6" duct. Tent 1 draws air from tent 2.

Tent 3

• Tent: TopoLite 10’ x 10’ x 80"
  • Lights: 3 Spider Farmer SF-4000
  • Ventilation: Vivosun 6" 440 CFM fan with carbon filter
  • Electrical draw: 1470 watts, 13.2 amps

10 Likes

If anyone was thinking about getting one, I figured I’d throw this up on this thread.

I just added an HLG 30 UVA to my tent along side the 260XL. Let’s see what she does.

Installed it right along side it…

6 Likes

I’ll be using a UVA bar also! I have been buying stuff here and there. I cant wait to start up again. The room is done, working on putting new sink in. We will need water and a drain close to the room.

1 Like

Those things are lethal…too much and the leaves start to burn! And that was using it in two hour intervals. I’m at 28” above the highest bud. I have to reevaluate it’s proper usage…Hellraiser leaves his running 12 hours a day after the flip.

1 Like

Here’s an update to my tent setup posted above here.

I just had a new drainage system built and remove the large totes that were being used to collect the water runoff. Has a few leaks still, but those will be fixed.

The drainage pipes are connected to the PVC, and I installed clear hoses to get an idea of the water level and to take runoff samples from individual plants.

I place a 5 gallon bucket with the plant inside the drainage bucket, the PVC is not connected to the plant bucket.

I also built an evaporative cooler for less than $100 that can boost the RH in the tent up by 10 - 20 RH. I have a dehumidifier as well to regulate the maximum RH in the tent. I keep it at 45.

4 Likes

Thats awsome. I would like to know more about this setup. Is it recirc Or dtw. I have a small ebb and flow but thinking bout something like this either with clay pebbles or coco. But been readin @Hellraiser grow journal so am on the fence. @shannon32 check this out

1 Like

Duh! Never mind I found the specs you posted. Thanks for sharing. If only the whole planet could behave the way this family does.

2 Likes

@Allinherhead It looks like a hydro system, but its a mixture of soil and fertigation. The buckets contain FFOF, and addiional nutrients are added into the irrigation.

1 Like

Yoo @IP54 ! How is the uva bar doing? Did you set it up with different timers? The room is done, have sink and sewer hooked up. I set up the infinity tent and going to move the other tonight.

1 Like

Your timing is perfect. No, I didn’t set it up on a separate timer, yet…but I have everything to do so on Sunday. I had so much going on in the tent I couldn’t move everything around. I harvested one plant last Sunday, dried it for 5 days, and I just finished trimming the buds off tonight. At the same time, I moved the next plant into my small tent for the 48 hours of darkness. That’ll allow me to rework stuff in the big tent on Sunday…the UV light primarily. I turned it on and off manually…a real PITA…but boy did it pack on the bud weight! Over 5 1/2 ounces from a small plant and the next one is an auto monster! Worth every penny. You’re gunna love it!

1 Like

Well guys my new tent infinity 4x4 is pretty nice. I only have the vivosun to compare it to. The pros…The tubing is almost twice as big as the vivo… Fabric seems to be a bit heavier then the vivo. The cons… It doesnt have the two smaller doors one on each side that the vivo has. So to get to three sides you have to unzip the large panel all the way around three sides. Vents are in this large panel so if you are running vent hoses they will be going through the panel you are opening. And lastly one corner tubing piece the holes were welded 5-10 degrees off so I had to slot them with a small rat tail. I sent them a e-mail telling them about the issue and what I had done to correct it. They did not respond.

3 Likes

Unfortunate to hear of the quality issues. I’ve gotten extra parts, and holes, but nothing quite like that.

2 Likes

I recently bought an ACInfinity 4x4 as well but haven’t put it to use yet. My first impression was that the tent is designed to have the fan in the middle of the tent, a good distance from the top. I was concerned about hanging a single large lamp since no headroom is left. I figured one would have to hang 2 smaller lamps one on each side of fan. Any thoughts, how have you dealt with it?

I only have gorilla grow tents to compare with, but it seems like I needed a lot more room to put together the ACInfinity tent.

1 Like

There are vents in the top panel but my low ceiling wont allow a 6" vent. I have about 4 inches to work with. I am going to build a rectangular shape duct box so I can use the top 6" vent. Maybe something like 3 X8 or 9… Maybe take 6" snap lock and squish it until its oblong. You will have plenty room for a filter above the lights if you are not growing 5 ft monsters!

1 Like

Also on my infinity tent. There are three 6" vents on not movable panels. One is in a corner of roof and two on the back panel. It will work great for veg.

2 Likes

Seems like some poor quality welding on my new infinity tent also. And the thread is too small for the needle because every sewn seam has pinholes leaking light. Does have a port hole right in the door whistle is weird and also the accessory pocket inside is on the door. The quality of the canvas material is considerably better than the knock off brands and the metal frame tubing also is a step up in quality. Overall not very impressive but they dont carry a huge price tag like other name brand tents

2 Likes