Grow journal/last TOPIC ever

Looking good!

1 Like

Right on @Kinglouida13th plants are looking Nice brother praying for a bountiful harvest for you.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @MattyBear @Nicky so I flipped these girls roughly a week ago, and noticed that usually my autoflowers would have pistils before the flip, but this one is a week after and still no pistils, and not much sign of a flowering autoflower, somim starting to wonder if this ILGM zkittles autoflower is a fricken male or what, what y’all think? I took some pics, so hopefully we can decide if I should keep feeding it nutes or get rid of it, please help y’all, is there anything saying its flowering, or is it a male?

1 Like

Looks like it’s still a little early to tell. Autoflowers have their own internal lifetime and flower when they want, not when we want. That’s why I like photoperiod plants

3 Likes

@MattyBear yeah and you know what? I feel like I been running into more and more problems with autos, I bought the 420 fastbuds for my very first grow and they went exceptionally well, but it seems since I did some clones and fem from seed, now EVERY single pack of autos I get there’s a problem, so I think I may give the autos a break for a bit, and start to buy either cuts, or fem seeds, I initially went with autos as I was intimidated by having to deal with a strict light schedule, but those days are gone, and I’m confident in what I’ve learned, so I think I’ll wait another week or so to see what happens with it, THEN decide what I’ll do with it!

1 Like

@Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @Nicky @peachfuzz, yeah I really don’t believe this autoflower is a female, I see no signs of pistils, and no signs of a flowering plant at all, I know autos have their own clocks, and flower when ready, but this thing has been growing for 5 weeks and is getting huge and STILL not showing any signs of flower, pre flowers, pistils, or calyxes, NOTHING, and from my experience with autos is that normally on my 3rd week even before the light flip, I see signs that it’s a female, and WILL flower, with this one I got NONE OF IT!!!

1 Like

Sorry man, autos make their own schedule.

1 Like

@Covertgrower yeah I know I’m just worried as I’ve never seen this before from my experience with autos, and for her to be roughly 5-6 weeks in, I’d normally have seen something or anything indicating to me it’s a female flowering plant, but don’t see anything from this thing but it getting HUGE, and therefore taking lots of food, that I can’t afford to feed a plant that’s not gonna produce something, I mean I know you guys obvious can’t tell me what it’s official gender is, I’m just saying would you agree that in most cases there’d if been something especially pistils to say it’s a girl and after getting switches too, I don’t know that’s why I’m here, but I guess I’ll keep feeding it and treat as I normally would and see what happens

1 Like

Not necessarily. Personally I’d consider that a great thing, you’ll probably have a better than average yield for an auto. My current gelato auto went just under 7 weeks In veg.

3 Likes

@CygnusX1 ok I get what your saying, so being it’s an auto will this thing keep vegging, despite the other 2 being on 12/12 with the rspecs in there too?, I wish I would have known it was gonna take longer than what I’m used to, cuz I would have waited to do the flip to 12/12 and let the 2 photos I have veg longer, I know that light isn’t supposed to matter with autos, but the last 2 auto’s I grew literally would not flower until I put them on 12/12, so my thought was with this one, was that if I just switch them all to 12/12 at the same time they’ll all flower at the same time, ultimately all being done around the same time, but that auto is not flowering yet, and obviously has me questioning if it will, but like I said I’ll wait it out awhile and see what it does, I wanted this grow to be a fairly quick cycle, but it’s clearly not going as planned, so I don’t know, I’m getting budsets on my photos but not on my auto and it’s got me :thinking:

1 Like

That’s one of the downfalls of autos. Some go into flower way too early. Some are stubborn and refuse to flower. If you have the space maybe stick it in the dark for a day or two.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have your auto veg this long. Let’s turn it to a positive and note that when it decides to flower, you’ll probably have a nice harvest at the end. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@MattyBear @BobbyDigital @Covertgrower @Nicky yeah I wasn’t sure if it was bad or good, and just wasn’t sure if what I’m experiencing is normal, but it seems the general answer is it’s fine just taking longer to veg, so again I’ll leave her and try what @BobbyDigital says, and put her in dark for a day or two, my gelato is already showing budsites, and the slurricaine will be soon too I’d imagine bud still not the auto, they all look great though, pretty happy it seems, the hydro bucket slurricaine roots are nice and white and hairy so yeah I’m just letting them do their thing! But would like to know if and when I can do a defol being there about a week since the flip, I know it’s usually the 3rd week after flip but I’m gonna need some insight on what I should and can take off of em

2 Likes

I wouldn’t take anything off of those, plenty of spacing for airflow and light. Let them keep their solar panels. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree, wouldn’t be trimming anything off of them.

4 Likes

Kicking ass and taking names now bro! You got this!

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @DebbieM @Jaydawg6528 @MattyBear @Nicky @CygnusX1 @peachfuzz @Mr_Wormwood so here’s the latest of these lovely ladies, they’re looking good, but I want to take the lower branches and nothing buds off, to make the upper ones bigger, if you guys say not to still, I won’t but just trying to figure out how to do a light defol, without messing up like I did in the past, or maybe a light lollipop, but just looking for suggestions on what I can do to make the main colas bigger and fatter, or should still leave em alone?

That zkittles in the back is getting too big!! :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Sure, you can. If they’re getting good light then I leave them. They still produce well if well lit.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital this thing is ridiculous

1 Like

This is a branch that was almost at the base of the plant. Still spit out a fat cola

2 Likes