Grow journal/last TOPIC ever

@CMichGrower @Covertgrower @DebbieM @Nicky @peachfuzz @Hellraiser I was wondering if either painting or wrapping up sime IGLOO insulated 5 gallon drink cooler would work for a hydro grow and help keep temps down, or would it keep them higher?, I’m not sure it just seems it’s an insulator made to keep liquids cool, so it would do the same for my plant water and nutes correct? Plus you got an easy drain for cleaning, what y’all think? Maybe even find some hiding that could connect the drains and make it a RDWC, unless those hoses would be too small, don’t know just thinking of how you could actually do it, cuz I’m pretty confident that it would keep res temps stabler than I’ve been able to keep! :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

Not saying it wouldn’t work…

2 Likes

Not sure, never done a RDWC.

@peachfuzz @CMichGrower hey you guys, I’m getting ready to switch over to flower in my autopots and DWC bubble buckets, and I’m not exactly sure on how to do it with the res and nutes, my RSPEC will be here Thursday at which point I want to start a 12/12 light schedule that night, but I need to know the correct way to do this, you guys are my go to’s for autopots and DWC, and I can’t seem to get a clear answer doing a google search, plus I feel like ppl on ILGM explain better than anybody else I’ve asked!!

1 Like

I don’t do dwc, but with AutoPots I just let the reservoir run out, then switch the nutrients to the first week of flower nutrients and switch to 12/12 about the same time. The timing isn’t all that critical. I always start flowering on weekends to to help keep track of time, but that’s just me.

I would think with dwc it would just be at regular change of water. Change up to flower nutrients and switch light cycle.

I run my veg nutrients for first week or 2 and than start to transfer to my flower nutrients by the end of 3 weeks from light flip…
After 3 weeks from flip I’m using my flower nutrient schedule…
:v::sunglasses:

Bought these bad boys for my cure, see how they do!! The clear latch tops weren’t very good, even with keeping them in darkness

oh and bought the amber jars too, the only size in stock for months!!

1 Like

@DebbieM look up

1 Like

@DebbieM @Covertgrower @CMichGrower @Nicky @patchman @BobbyDigital ladies looking lovely this morning getting a little more used to the RSPEC introduction, have em all flower nutes and switched to 12/12 two nights ago

hydro tent look like the Amazon jungles!! :joy::grin:

4 Likes

Not sure what your nutrients lines called for, but just going to throw this out there that some run their veg nutrients until sometime after the flip to help keep the plants fed properly during the stretch.

1 Like

@Covertgrower is there anyone that’s particularly good at sexing plants, I see sacks here, but not enough to tell yet, I’m just wondering if anyone has enough experience to tell yet?

1 Like

Too early to be sure. I could guess, but it would be 50% shot. Haha.
It looks female for now. Are they regular seeds?

2 Likes

Yeah I bought a gram from the dispensary back in November, and when I busted it, it was FULL of seeds so kept them in my refrigerator until I planted them a couple months ago, so yeah I’d say NOT feminized, and need to be sexed.

1 Like

And I put these girls in flower 2 nights ago, same day I started flower nutes all plants look great, except this one is now showing twisted growth, don’t think it’s a pH issue as I’m using advanced nutrients pH perfect connesoir

1 Like

Just got my second rspec, it’s going into the hydro tent, then in a few days when it’s time to switch my res, switch to bloom nutes? @peachfuzz @CMichGrower

2 Likes

@covertgrower, if you can’t answer can you please maybe tag someone with some insight? Just got off the phone with some :clown_face: from the advanced nutrients (800) growers support line, and I swear EVERYTHING I said he wanted to debate, I asked one simple question, do I need to supplement cal mag with my advanced nutrients pH perfect sensi. Bloom A+B? He went into feeding my plants based off how tall they are, and feeding my plants full strength only if my coc was rinsed, and a bunch of stuff, that seemed to me he was trying to prove how much he thinks he knows, don’t know, but don’t have time for frivolous information, I asked a question, needed an answer and he OBVIOUSLY felt it necessary to display his knowledge to me instead, SO does anyone know if I’m supposed to use cal mag with this stuff, most say NO but I’m seeing slight deficiency, and don’t know what it is, but know it’s common to have N deficiency in coco when switching to flower

I would be yes.

1 Like

@Covertgrower ok last question, I need to put this

in here, so what’s the best way to do it, without shocking my girls too bad, I know it shouldn’t be full strength, but is that it just hang it turn it on, and turn the bspec off?

You can add it, dimmed, and they’ll be fine. Same height as the other should be good.