Grow Journal for my 3rd Grow - Super Lemon Haze, Maui Wowie, and Chocolope

Hello guys and gals, I’m rolling into my 3rd grow. Many thanks to everyone who have helped me out, liked and commented on my past adventures (and misadventures). First grow was 2 Blue Dream, second grow was Chocolope, Purple Haze, Cali Dream and Blue Dream. This round is 2 Super Lemon Haze, one Maui Wowie, and a Chocolope. I making some changes to the program. I have new light kits together, Quantum XL 260 V2 LED’s, x 3 (painfully bright, I’m stoked lol). I’m going back to 5 gallon Aurora root pots. The 7 gal took a lot of food, water, etc and I think I can get a good yield with the 5 gal. I’m using Canna coco, and I will be using Canna A and B for coco. Bio Bizz has been good, but this is easier and formulated for coco so I like that. I went 11 weeks from seed to flower the last time, so my goal this time is to try a shorter veg time. I’m armed with a knat defense system now, so I will be swift and deadly if they reappear…i believe they jacked up my last grow. Seeds were planted on 3-5. Here we go! Tagging a few folks who have helped me out or followed my other grows, hope you dont mind.

@PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Sixpackdad @anon78295680 @elheffe702 @monkman @crazyots @Myfriendis410

12 Likes

Nice clean set-up. is that a 4x4 or 5x5?

1 Like

Thanks! 5x5

1 Like

I would start that light at around 28-32” from the dome. They’re powerful and can fry little sprouts :wink::v::bear:

3 Likes

That explains the 3x260. I have a 4x304 set-up in a 4x4. Plenty of light. love that I made the investment in HLG! Watching.

1 Like

I’m actually using a T5 right over the dome, Could I use the LEDs dimmed down and raised up?

2 Likes

I’m really excited about these lights!

Should be. They are awesome. Really do not generate much heat. Very efficient.

1 Like

They grow bushes! Cram packed in a 4x4.

9 Likes

Clean setup! Good luck with them!

2 Likes

Great looking get up definitely going to follow along and enjoy your grow

2 Likes

@MickyS. I’m expecting another top notch batch of buds from you …

What strain did you like best from your last grow?

1 Like

I sprouted mine under a cheap led and didn’t fire up the QBs until I transplanted. I started the boards at 30" dimmed down to 150w. Every few days I increased the wattage 10w until I reached full power. This may not have been neccessary but I was hesitant with these Quantums and didn’t want to cook my babies. My plants responded well and never missed a beat.

Good luck and happy growing.

Watching :nerd_face:

2 Likes

They are all really good, but I think Chocolope is my favorite from the last grow. It’s got it all!

1 Like

Nice setup. I will be watching your grow. I have a Maui Wowie and a Durban Poison growing in my 4x4. Since it is my first time I have ever tried to grow weed I will have something to gage my yield with. Not for bragging but just to know how well I did.

1 Like

So far, so good (I think lol). A week from putting the seeds in rapid rooters, and all 4 are looking good. I put the rooters in small pots with coco, have them under the Quantum LED turned down a little above the lowest setting. I’ve dropped the light a little each day, I’m at 24" above the leaves. 3ml clone x in a liter of R/O water, ph’d at 6.0. Maybe the clone x isnt needed, but I dont think its hurting so I’ll continue.

2 Likes

Update…I transplanted the babies into their grown up pots (5 gal Aurora smart pots) on 3-18. They got Mycos and Azos, and my first mistake of this grow…starting them on 247 ppm of Canna A + B. By 3-23 I had tip burn on all but the Maui Wowie. So they all got a flush. I also turned the lights down to around 50%. Since yesterday, I have noticable new growth so I think we are back on track. Note to self-no food until the feeder leaves are sucked dry! The Maui Wowie is a bruiser so far, taking off and leaving the others behind. I’m sure they’ll catch up. Heres what we look like today…Maui Wowie

Chocolope
Super Lemon Haze

2 Likes

I’m still feeding Clone X, feeder leaves should be gone very soon. I started Armour Si and Roots Excelerator Gold. 50ml Clone X, 2.5ml Armor Si, and 2.6ml Roots Excelerator per 10L. 359ppm, 5.8ph. Im hitting them every other day.

Maui Wowie

Chocolope

Super Lemon Haze

Super Lemon Haze #2

3 Likes

Feeder leaves are about gone. They got fed Canna today, with Armour Si and Roots Excellerator Gold. I went easy on them, 287ppm @ 5.8ph. They are on a roll now. Super Lemon Haze got a topping today. I’m feeding about 1/2 gallon each, with good runoff. I have about 2L left, which they’ll get tomorrow. I’m going to hit them daily, it seems they are liking it. Lights got turned up a hair as well.

3 Likes

Update…I did some LST, fimming, and some mild super cropping. Everything is looking sweet. I fed today, 2 L each. Armour Si, Canna A & B, and Roots Excellerator Gold. 444 ppm, 5.8ph. I checked runoff ph and ppms. I’ve noticed that this nute mixture drifts up in ph, the longer it sits. Runoff is as follows:

Maui Wowie- 245 ppm, 6.3ph
Chocolope- 332 ppm, 6.5ph
Super Lemon Haze 1- 396ppm. 6.5ph
Super Lemon Haze 2- 527ppm, 6.5ph

I’m not sure why my ph has drifted to the upper limits of the range. Maybe it’s time for a flush with straight R/O water at 5.8.? Also, I’m not sure if these are hungry based on my runoff ppms? The girls are in order by size, biggest has the least ppm runoff, smallest has the most. @MattyBear @SilentHippie @dbrn32 @anon78295680 @WickedAle. Heres the girls in the order listed above:

Thanks!