Grow cabinet build and grow

Seedlings take a couple of teaspoons per day along with misting the dome they’re under. Once they are in veg I sprinkle water (damp only) and let the plant work for it.

2 Likes

Seems like she’s all roots no leaves. This normal?

1 Like

Yep roots usually expand first, then they start growing a little more rapidly.

2 Likes

Good to hear cuz I’ve been getting “plant envy” looking at others 8-10 day old seedlings lol. Haven’t been this concerned over normal growth patterns since I had my first daughter lol

2 Likes

Yep, it’s completely normal and she looks very healthy. You’ll start to see some above soil growth soon, just be patient. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Patience seems to be the hardest part of all this lol

4 Likes

You’re gonna learn just how true that is…

4 Likes

Ok I just finished up in “lab” tonight and decided to run a few tests to get a better idea what’s going on with my plant. Here are the results

PH going in 5.8
Ph from run off 6.7
TDS going in 146ppm
TDS from run off 222 ppm.

I did not flush the coco before use as i was under the impression the canna coco bags ( not bricks) was already buffered. Should I flush the coco now?
@Myfriendis410 @MattyBear

1 Like

Yeah I would just to bring it down to a more accessible range for the plant to uptake nutrients.

1 Like

What’s the best way to do that ? Run a bunch of 5.8 water through it at once?

1 Like

Yeah, start with 3 times the pot size and see where you’re at with the runoff

2 Likes

You can also use a flushing agent like Sledgehammer or Florakleen. TDS isn’t bad but PH is a bit high. Not bad though.

I’m going with my gut here and switching up my light source. I’m going to try a 85 watt (actual) 6500k cfl bulb. Something about this plant reminds me of a plant trying to grow without enough light. Maybe my led just doesn’t have enough blue. Seems like a lot of red diodes . Idk. can’t hurt to try something new.

3 Likes

How’s the color on this plant ? Good? Too light green?

It’s a start bud i’m New too to this too @raustin is my go to lady hope you don’t mind tagging you hear

2 Likes

Too light green. Looks to be N deficient. How’s ph?

I’m putting in 5.8 distilled water with nutes yet. Run off is 6,7 run off is 222ppm. Should I flush and start feeding? I’m going to be using sensi ph perfect for coco b52 and voodoo juice.

That is a very strange looking green. What is your Ph, and what kind of soil is she in?

Your run off is pretty high for coco. You need to get the Ph under control to 5.8.

2 Likes

I’m going to flush tonight. I watered the other day when I took those readings and wanted to give it a day to dry out so I don’t drown it