Grow cabinet build and grow

The sprout seems kind of pale? Is this normal for a sprout that just broke the surface? I was told this was an afghani strain if that helps.

1 Like

Mine are pale green for the first few days at least. I think it was around the second set of leaves that the stems got a little darker, and less plyable.

1 Like

These plants really take off. It broke ground a few hours ago and it’s already on the move.

3 Likes

This morning

2 Likes

Well I caught my first mistake . I didn’t make sure the rapid rooter completely filled the container and ended up with a pocket of open space at the bottom . When I inspected the plant today I could see the end of the root just hanging out of the bottom of the rooter. So I moved it to a bigger container with coco. Hopefully it won’t shock it to death.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be too big of deal. I’ve left them in pans longer than they needed to be.

1 Like

The sprout is getting tall and I’m concerned it might be stretching. I have a lot of unknowns with this being my first plant the biggest unknown is not even knowing what strain I’m growing lol. Not sure if it’s genectics or not enough light? The LED panel seems to have a lot of red and only a handful of blue diodes and no veg/bloom switches just on with option to dim. I’m considering putting my 85 (actual) watt 6500k cfl in there to see if more blue will slow the height down.

You were right . The transplant didn’t seems to phase it at all. I think it grew 1/2 inch over night lol

1 Like

When should I start adding nutrients when I water ? I’m growing in coco and am going to be using sensi ph perfect grow for coco, B52, and voodoo juice.
@dbrn32 @Dieselgrower @Hogmaster

I’m not familiar with coco, but voodoo is good for the first couple weeks of veg and bloom. Good for the rootzone. B52 for most of veg I beleive, bit could be wrong.

1 Like

Almost immediately I think. Pretty sure coco is inert, right?

I think @Myfriendis410 and @MattyBear both grow in coco. Not sure they have experience with the AN stuff, but I bet they can help.

2 Likes

Yeah you’re right about coco being inert. I fed to waste every other day throughout veg and every day during bloom, minus a few planned non-feed/water days for stress. I don’t have experience with AN products other than Rhino Skin but I’ll help out where I can.

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate any help .
I’ve read conflicting info about feeding seedlings nutes.
From giving 1/4 strength right away and others saying no nutes until the Cotyledon leaves start to yellow. I’ve never used coco before so I’m flying blind. :thinking:
@dbrn32 @MattyBear

2 Likes

I would definitely wait until the first leaves yellow and start to die off. Then I’d go in at half strength the first feed and see how she responds.

3 Likes

SStrain; Type, Bag seed, or NA : bag seed afghani??

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? : coco

System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? : water to waste

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS : no nutrients yet

Indoor or Outdoor : indoor
Light system, size? 300 watt viparspectra LED
Temps; Day, Night : 70 day and night
Humidity; Day, Night : 60% th
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size : 6” can fan on temp controller activated at 75 degrees, 6” fan in grow cabinet.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, : humidifier
Co2; Yes, No :no
I’ve noticed my stem and bottom of the leaves are really turning purple. So far I have only given it tap water ph’d to 5.8 and left in open container for 24 hrs before adjusting the ph to eliminate any chlorine. Should I be concerned

From the top it looks fine I think

@Dieselgrower @Hogmaster @dbrn32 @MattyBear

1 Like

I wouldn’t be. I’ve noticed purple stems early on and it’s never been an issue for me. As long as you’re not over watering, she should respond and grow just fine.

3 Likes

I’m giving about 1/2 a cup every other day. Pot seems light… maybe I’ll let it go a little longer next time and see if it improves

3 Likes

I agree with @MattyBear

3 Likes

Sorry; just got done with a 500 mile drive lol.

I grow in coco and I found that the best thing (for me!) was to let the plants feed off the cotyledons until they started to fade. I started on 1/4 strength nutes and maintained 5.8 ph throughout. About 2 1/2 weeks.

3 Likes

How often do you find it necessary to water? I have the seedling in a container that’s a little under a quart.