Grove Bag Curing for Beginners

@Amateur-Grower , i guess the question is, how are you drying? In an effort to control smell, I over dried my last one. Had my duct fan and filter pulling negative pressure n the tent and a circulation fan funning at the bottom, but not blowing on material. Dried only 7 days and when bagged is was 50% give or take. But the outsides were crispy but the stems still read 23% the buds read a tad low, i think around 8. Think I will adjust my strategy for next go round. So its a learning process. If I’d waited till the small sticks were brittle the stuff would have burst into flames just by giving it a mean glance. Last time I measured moisture only in the bud and nailed it. Stayed just sticky enough to be satisfying and stayed right at 62%rh the whole cure with no effort from me.

1 Like

I must’ve over dried my auto as well cause the hygrometer is at 48% for 24 hours now. It was small plant and should’ve figured it would dry quick. But I use a AC and humidifier both set to 60 and a desk fan to blow air around the room.

2 Likes

Rehydrate it. Put a leaf, small slice of orange peel, or tiny piece of burrito in the bag or jar. Monitor the humidity and once it reaches 62%, remove it. Not a necessity but i try to add it so it doesn’t just sit on top of the bud but rather in the overhead air space within.
:grin::+1:

3 Likes

You are the best thank you for all your advice!

1 Like