Grove Bag Curing for Beginners

I have a buddy that grows some really good North Lights. Occasionally he overdries it. Until I got the bags, I would pop a small piece of celery in the jar. Since I have gotten bags, and we traded some NL for my GFOG, I put his in a bag with a meter and it was at 42%. Popped some celery in it, got it back up to 60% and pulled the celery. 1 week later his weed tastes, smells and smokes so much better. I do not toot other horns often but do give credit when due and these folks hit a homerun with these bags.

2 Likes

I will be bucking and bagging mine tonight in these. Love them.

2 Likes

@beardless @Bonjoyle
Whoā€™s got coupon code ?
:metal:t2::sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Thanks guys. This is very helpful.

2 Likes

Got 4 lbs off 12 plants. Satisfied!!!

4 Likes

So i read on the grove bag site to use the moisture meter on the stem near the bud. Others here seem to be doing it in the bud instead. I notice the stem is reading much higher than the buds. Something like 25% for the stem and 18 ish for the bud. Just wondering if you guys ran into this and what your thoughts are.

1 Like

Thats interesting as one of thier reps told me in a conversation (about 1.5 yrs ago) test the bud NOT the stem. Maybe they have revised thier advise???

1 Like

Maybe. Guess Iā€™ll check both until i know different. Seems like checking the bud it working for people here.

1 Like

Logically speaking i think test the buds as they are what im drying, not the stems.

1 Like

I just checked the site and you are rightā€¦they have re-worded

Tips for curing with Terploc

1. Invest in a moisture meter: for an accurate moisture read during the dry process, stick the stainless steel pins into the flower stem.

I think if you consider old school small stem break and sticking the moisture meter all over you will get something correctā€¦

1 Like

When checking the buds i teat all over the ā€œcolaā€ and average the results.

2 Likes

Hi guys!

We have some new blogs about this specifically! You can check our guide about long-term weed storage here, which talks about grove bags!

You can also check our guide about burping weed here.

1 Like

I know this is an old post, but how long would you leave the bag open for?

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly new to this, but Iā€™ve only used grove bags. Id say it depends how much higher youā€™re talking. If its 65 or so Iā€™d open for a couple hours a day until in range. But if much higher than that you may need to dry it more before bagging itā€¦donā€™t want to lose all that work to moldšŸ˜³

2 Likes

Appreciate this! My humidity was at like 70% so I ended up taking the buds out and putting them in a paper bag for 8 hours. Humidity dropped to 45% then put them back into a grove bag. Been sitting at 63% for 24 hours now.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I do. If too high, sweat em in a box or bag. This guy helps to determine the right internal moisture to return 58-62% in the groves. Shoot for 10-12% with the prongs stuck in the bud and when you have that, they will maintain the right RH% in the bags to cure without opening or sweating.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-MMD4E-Moisture-High-Medium-Low/dp/B00275F5O2/ref=asc_df_B00275F5O2/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309823018507&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18437365720888731397&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028792&hvtargid=pla-486293511837&mcid=dd58f4dda141330882c66609494a6b5c&ref=&adgrpid=60862048799&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhc-sBhCEARIsAOVwHuTn9IvK6dvYv3vWfBVxYKWlnuWPog26i4ObKqxw_CeEbLIenA5vMJAaAl8AEALw_wcB&th=1

1 Like

Found this through grove bags site. seems you try and get one leg into the stem and the other into the bud. dry it to 11% give or take and bag it up in cool dark place.

3 Likes

I bought a wood moisture meter awhile back and went to use it today on an auto I had drying for 5 days. I couldnā€™t get a % on it, but saw a 8% for a second. The stems bent, but no snap and the buds felt really brittle. I trimmed them up and threw them in a grove bag today. Will see what the hygrometer says in a day or two.

1 Like

I use this to make sure they are proper 58-62 and then I transfer to a grow bag.

4 Likes