Gorilla Glue Auto from ILGM

Happy new year to you!! The GG is looking ooh ooh ahh ahh

I recommend the “go big or go home” approach to LED lighting, you are literally trying to emulate the sun, but more importantly is the safety of it all. No excuse to go cheap on something that can burn your house down. Do not get suckered in by the wattage readings. Efficacy and total output (in PPF) are all that matters. I was recommended HLG by word of mouth, that sealed the deal for me, did not care about the price

3 Likes

+1 I moved from MH/HPS to LED’s a while ago and HLG was most recommended by growers here. I’ve seen many people spend more money on cheap lights on Amazon that they return or replace. There are a lot of great light companies out there, but HLG is at the top of the list.

2 Likes

top was ready on 1 of the ladies so i chopped it- lower buds are gonna stay 2-3 more days

1 Like

You mean king led like these?

Don’t spend your money on them. They say lm301b, but there is maybe a few if any. Lm301b isn’t made in red, blue, or purple lol. There is a lot too this as far as what you would actually be getting, but this isn’t a bargain. The price is low because the components are “cheap”.

This a 4x4 tent right? What kind of dry weights are you hoping to pull from each harvest?

3 Likes

@dbrn32 seriously thank u for the info. Those are the lights I was asking about. I’ll absolutely take ur word for it. I was hoping to grow 3 plants in the 4x4 tent when I get it set up, I have a 6 inch inline fan and carbon filter from Mars Hydro, the light is the next thing I want to get for it. I’m hoping to get 3 plants going at a time and hoping to pull 3-4 oz. dry bud from each plant

2 Likes

@goldiemouth270 that’s a pretty impressive nug if I say so myself

1 Like

I would check out the mars sp300. I own 2 sp250s and they haven’t failed in about 8 grows. I also own 2 spider farmer 2000s and the mars competes blow for blow with them I can’t tell a difference

1 Like

That’s what I did @JiggaMan1987 I spent 6 months gathering info and studying and buying good quality stuff part by part slowly and building my Stealth Box till its where it’s at now. Haha ofc now I wanna do more to it, and will before next grow :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Bluntsmoke yeah man I gotta be honest, I luv my TS 1000 kit I got from MH, I honestly might just stick with them if I don’t get an hlg light. MarsHydro has really reasonable prices and that light I have already did a great job. I definitely have time to research it more.

@ConcreteBudz yeah instead of getting one asap like I was gonna do, I’m gonna take the time to research more until my taxes come in.

3 Likes

Little info in there.

ALOT of info in here
ConcreteBudz Indoor 420Garden Adventure 🤯 - #20 by blackthumbbetty

you can read all if you want but lighting starts at thread 20 and up haha. Do ya research son! You won’t be disappointed trust me you will learn alot from everyone too. dbrn is light guru he knows everything about lights. There’s alot of folks on here who can help with lights.

2 Likes

Your expectations are plenty reasonable with 3-4 zips per plant. I would probably go ahead and do 4 plants just because its a square space 4 fit into square well. As long as 4 doesn’t make you illegal or anything.

Imo hlg is better product than Mars or spider farmer. If you’re wanting to get into their stuff without breaking bank, check out refurbished section at hlg. Two 350r or a hlg-600r is probably what I would do.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m honestly good to grow 12 at a time indoors where I’m at in mass, 6 per adult, 2 adults in the house. I’m willing to spend, especially if I wait to get it with my taxes. I’m probably gonna go with an hlg light in the end, but I’ll admit, I do like Mars Hydro for the money u pay, and the results u get.

3 Likes

Well Mars hydro did recently switch over to using 301b diodes making them a lot more comparable to hlg but personally I’d opt for the 140$ ( closer to 60$ with code dude)more blackbird since you get 120 more watts

6 Likes

I see a lot of people say they are happy with their mars lights. I’ve also seen a lot of people complain that something like dimmers don’t work, or there is no stop on dimmer. Then if you have a problem, they want you to send the light to China or something. Personally I don’t like how they try to say their stuff is just as good or better than everyone else’s, but don’t provide the third party data to support their claims. They are cheaper no doubt, but seems like same big claim poor performance from Mars Hydro.

6 Likes

I can see how it can get out of hand. I have two lights one is mars hydro and i will be upgrading them after my first grow. They don’t seem bad, but i think long term a better light will be helpful. Also i can see how people end up with a huge grow room. Already kind of want to make my spare bedroom into its own grow room instead of just the closet :rofl:

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I hear u, as a customer who has an entire grow kit from Mars, I am truly pleased so far with their product. I have a 27.5"x 27.5"x 63" tent with a 150 watt full spectrum LED light, 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter and a bunch of other things u need to grow like fabric buckets, etc. But I grew GSC auto from ILGM and got 3 1/4 ounces dry bud, and it is really good bud. I’m leaning toward one of their 4x4 lights and the rspec on hlg. I had great results with their 150 watt light, I would imagine their 480 watt light with Samsung diodes will be good too. Idk. Still have alot of time to make up my mind. I also have alot of reward points with Mars Hydro already too.

2 Likes

@kellydans @merlin44 @Borderryan22 @ConcreteBudz @Ussi @Bulldognuts @CC_Mo @anon51478927

This is how we’re looking at 17 days

12 Likes

Nice man. Even growth. Not a blemish on her.

3 Likes

She looks beautiful! Happy and healthy, nice growth too.

2 Likes

My issue with the Mars was misrepresentation. My love for HLG is from customer service and reliable data I can use in my grow. Plus I don’t want to support China any more than I have to.

And your little lady looks great

2 Likes