Getch357 First Grow Journal

Yep, you’ll want to humidify the room it’s in, I wouldn’t put it in the tent. The moisture is not good for the carbon filter either.
Realistically you’re not gaining anything but adding humidity in the tent, to only have it sucked out about a minute later from the exhaust fan.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @MrPeat @kdawg @NeoGroR ok so now that the humidity has somewhat been answered i have something else…im going to try my hand at a banana kush its a fem but not autoflower so my question is has anyone grown one? which im sure you have and how long should i let her veg before flipping to 12/12? i want her to get as big and bushy as possible for best yield so any ideas? also anything in particular i should or shouldn’t do with this one? and im also going to try an outside the tent grow im getting setup for it but anything you all can think of besides the normal lights,heat humidty that this kind needs/like? if u have grown one and have any ideas please let me know…Thanks all :grimacing:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I agree with others, get large enough humidifier to keep the humidity up in the room intake air comes from.

This is about 20 degrees low.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @kdawg @NeoGroR @MrPeat ok you all so i planted my banana kush she will be a week on saturday she has not come above ground as of now but i was reading up on this strand she is a fem No autoflower. so it says because it is a moderate height plant to do lst. I have never done lst at all so i need info on this ive read a few guides and im a little confused…so when should i start the lst? like at what age? and what is the purpose? should i also be trimming her? if there is a good grow guide/blog on here could one of you all point it out to me im looking but would like one that would really explains how to do it and what it does etc… any help would be great…Thanks you all and Happy growing

1 Like

Essentially you can decide to start LST whenever you choose. Some people start after there’s enough growth to start bending her over. I currently have 6 plants that are 27 days from breaking soil. I will be starting LST one day this week. My decision to start is not based on age, strictly on growth. They have started their 6th node, so I will top them and bend them over horizontal and tie them off with soft ties. I’m not advocating that this is the best way to go, but have had good results doing it this way. As far as the reason to do LST, fairly simple reason, it will allow growth to continue without letting them get to tall to fast. If you set my journal to watch, check back on it this weekend and I’ll do a update on initial results of training. You still have some time to decide what and how you will train. Keep in mind that there’s not a absolutely perfect way. You can have different results with each plant.

Here’s a picture of one of my girls at 27 days. I will top her and pull her over horizontal. All of the branches growing out from stalk will start growing up towards light and develop into a cola once I flip to flower.

3 Likes

I forgot to address trimming, I won’t do much actual leaf removal until I get close to flipping to flower. Once again, there’s many different ways to go. I will just tuck larger fan leaves under during veg. Your leaves are the engine of growth, so you don’t want to remove to much during veg. Once I get ready to flip to flower I will lollipop the main future colas. Once flowers start to form I will start leaf removal. Keep in mind that some people progress from basic growing into more advanced methods quickly. I’ve decided to not try to do a lot of different methods, just take what has worked well for me and get dialed in on it until I have more time dedicate to growing.

4 Likes

Well it looks like you have been covered with great advice. :+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

A good reason to lst it lets the light get to all bud sites better and everything Bulldog says, I pretty much do the same. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

All great advice.

A mistake I made when I first LST’d is I bent the branches they way I thought the plant would be less stressed. I ended up with a ton of unused space in my tent while having the plants over lapping… if that makes any sense.

Make sure you’re bending the plant that best fits your tent is my only advise to add

3 Likes

You can pull plant over without bending, just hook it to side of bucket or bag then you can let them go later

2 Likes

Wanted to to let you see the difference 24 hrs can make when you start LST. First pics were from yesterday after LST. Second pics are from today 24 hrs later. Stems are already growing up and towards lights.

Yesterday

Today

1 Like

Looking good bro! Nice and symmetrical. Nice job!:+1::100::v:

1 Like

Not as symmetrical as you and arrow are doing, but I usually get 8-12 nice sized colas going this way :+1:

1 Like

@NeoGroR @Bulldognuts @MrPeat ok so my questions are so you bend from the top and peg it down and then the new section grows and you bend that? ive seen pics where the plant is pegged down everywhere so do you ever release her? and when? i would love to have it branch out and make a real bushy plant but after pegging down and another section goes topward you peg that and so forth when or do u release it? or do u release it?

I would love to see one from start to finish like a picture book so it would allow me to see what you do from 1st peg to last and harvest.

I grow Super Monsters with no training. When you tie them down you need to wait till they have enough weight which keeps them down.

2 Likes

What your looking for is on @Arrow journal. Give me a day to look it up and give you info to find it out of a couple thousand entries lol.

2 Likes

Check this journal out. As @kdawg has pointed out this will give a idea of what “can” be done. But as the title suggests it’s a labor of love. What I do is fairly basic. I subscribe to the kiss method. If you look around at different journals you will see everything between what I do and what arrow does.

4 Likes

I’m here if someone needs help…:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes