Getch357 First Grow Journal

All of this depends on several different factors. First how much vertical space you have and whether you intend to do any training, LST or HST. Both training methods will allow you to keep in veg longer if you need to limit how tall your plants can get. The main thing to keep in mind is once you flip lights to 12/12 to make them start flower they will stretch out and grow quickly, sometimes doubling in size in a short period of time. If you don’t intend to do much training then you will probably need to take them to flower sooner, again based on height limits. I just started a grow my girls are a couple weeks old and I will be doing some low stress training during veg and possibly some high stress training right before going to flower. I’m still a couple of weeks from starting LST. I’m going to tag you on my journal. This way you can see what I do and help you decide if you are interested in doing something similar or not do it at all.

5 Likes

@Bulldognuts Ok great…maybe you could also give me a bit more advise on a few issues like the lst but my biggest thing is I have a good size open room no windows no light leak…so I am thinking of just doing an open grow so to speak outside of the tent do u really need some reflective material on walls they are painted white but i was going to just hook up a light to ceiling and heat in room and let it go do u think this would work or do i really need some reflective material on walls? this way here im really not restricted by a tent and space ceiling is 7ft so i could grow a monstah…lollol that my Bostonian accent coming thru!!

3 Likes

I can’t say that you would absolutely have to have reflective material. White walls are definitely better than darker color. I believe that having reflective material will just help with getting light to lower areas and inturn help bud production. Many things that you may hear and see that people do isn’t absolutely necessary, but you just want to increase your chances of being successful. :+1:

5 Likes

You need to be introduced to @MrPeat this is exactly what he does. Little to no training and he grows indoor monsters. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

well i guess all i can do is try it out and see hopefully it works im trying some different things now and the lst i want to try it but i dont want to screw it up so after she gets a few nodes do i just start pegging her down? do u ever release the pegs? this just makes more branches and increases bud sites with light correct? i am going to have to find a good article or grow journal that deals exclusively with how when where and why to do thjis any suggestions?

3 Likes

I wait until 5th or more nodes. I top them and then bend them over horizontal. This will allow growth along stalk to grow up. This method will allow 8-12 colas to form. This is just the method that I have chosen to do. Many people will allow them grow and start pulling branches and tying them down to train them. Yes you do need to keep them tied down usually at least until flower. These plants are very resilient and will immediately start to grow straight up towards light if you untie them before the branches start to harden off during flower.

5 Likes

Also you shouldn’t worry about screwing them up during training. Check out some of the HST type training, you would think that there’s no way a plant can recover from the abuse LOL :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Set your plants near a corner of the room that gives you 2 white walls then just grab something reflective for the other 2 sides. Emergency blankets, foam insulation with a silver side etc…

3 Likes

No matter what light schedule you put plants on they won’t flower until they’re mature enough to do so. This is usually around 4 weeks old or so. So it usually doesn’t make sense to run flowering schedule any earlier than that. From there you could continue to veg as long as you’d like or flower right away.

5 Likes

I do grow Super Monsters indoors. You will need to learn how to grow horizontal. Because if you want a big plant, this is how I achieve them.

I also run a light schedule of 12/12 from start to finish. But I also run with 2 HLG 260xl rspecs.

Here is any example of my grow skills.

This was my little girl about 1/2 through the grow cycle. The other picture is of the Cola that was bigger than a volleyball. The cola wasn’t done growing. This girl was actually over 8 feet tall but 6” of that was nothing on the stalk so say she was 7’6” tally by 8 feet wide. :+1:

I will be busy the whole day so I will check in here and there.

5 Likes

Yep, it won’t flower until you change the schedule to 12/12 and mature enough.
To make seeds the most stable way to get seeds is with a male and female.
The pain in the butt part is sorting through sticky flower to get the seeds.

4 Likes

Playing God with a plant is a lot of fun. I flip around 8 to 10 weeks.

2 Likes

@MrPeat woww look at those monstah’s :+1: :+1: :astonished: I need to learn this skill…are they always in a tent? I have a whole room that i can use just trying to figure out the best way to grow outside of tent i have a humidifier and a heater going and going to hook up lights on ceiling this week but just trying to figure out if i need reflective material or white walls will do any input would be a big help just ordered some chronic widow fem going to try my 1st outside tent one with that…we shall see how it goes.

@Getch357 That was just 1 plant. My plants tend to hit the top of my tent. I have thought about doing what you plan. Because my plants out grow 16 sq feet in my tent.

I’m an anomaly. You will need good lights if you want to try your hand at a monster. You have to be on top of your game when dealing with a monster plant.

Practice makes perfection.

Personally I would use like a reflective paint that is white. If that doesnt’t work, you can get that reflective mylar stuff.

1 Like

@MrPeat… Ya i have a 20x12 room no windows in basement its got a heater and i would put lights on ceiling about smell i have an idea of putting my flex vent from exhaust into my stove pipe vent out over roof…that should take it up high enough i wouldnt need to worry :wink: but i live in an illegal state so always have to be cautious! but ya im thinking for a few big plants it shouldnt be too bad if you or anyone could throw me a few ideas on smell containment it would be much appreciated :grinning:

1 Like

You just need a quality filter on the inlet side of your exhaust fan.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Bulldognuts @dbrn32 @MrPeat @kdawg @NeoGroR and all else, so im having some questions since this is my 1st year of growing and the colder months. Im noticing that my girls are slowing down as far as development they seem to be about 2 weeks behind their sister of a few months ago. now I have a camera system set up on my hygrometer and my heater so i can check on things during times i don’t want to physically go there and at night since its colder now temps are always 62+ but humidity is at about 40 or 44 highest and i know winter air is dryer. I have put a heater next to tent to raise temps and that works i have a humidifier in room but its kind of far away (dont want wires lights getting wet) but im wondering should i be putting humidifier closer to tent like I have a small bullet fan at the bottom flaps to send fresh air into the girls should i put humidifier next to that?? would it create a problem since the inside of tent has the mylar would the moisture stick on walls and make it too wet in there? could it short out lights and cause other issues? im looking for input from others that may live in the northern states that have these same issues and how they have overcome them…any help would as always be great!! :wink:

1 Like

one last question to add here so does keeping the girls in veg longer mean a bigger yield? and is it possible for auto flower which all of mine currently are to stay in veg longer? here are some pics of tonight’s shot she is just 6 weeks but is definitely behind my last one (same type ww autoflower) by what i would say appears to be about 1and a half weeks growth

also i know i overwatered her recently dont mind droopy leafs it just happened :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

one last thing i promise…lol so we all know this is a learning process with each and every grow…and im happy to say thanks to you all i have seemed to get dialed in with my nutes and havent had any issues with deficiencies with this one…started her on nutes at 3.5 weeks with cal mag and fox farms trio so hopefully this will be my 1st with no issues besides the cold :wink: THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!YOU ALL ROCK!!

You’ve got dry winter air and a heater running so naturally your rh is going to be low. You say you’re concerned moisture building up, I run a whole house humidifier in tent without having issues. As long as you have good airflow in and out of tent and a fan moving air around in tent there shouldn’t be a problem with moisture. You also mention concerns about moisture around wires, as long as you are using electrical items with standard safety features, again you shouldn’t have any issues with higher rh levels.

3 Likes