Fun and Games in Colorado

Sounds like you deserve a lottery ticket win.

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about the kidney thing… no laughing matter! All them men in my hubby’s family have kidney problems. He gets his checked faithfully every single year!

Wishing you well and sorry about your trip!!

2 Likes

Damn bro, sorry you’re dealing with all that. Hope the kidney gets sorted out. Having to cut the trip short sucks but kidney issues are no joke.

2 Likes

We stayed in Grand Forks before attempting a border crossing into Manitoba: once we got on I29 north of there, North Dakota turned into a world of water. There was water, trees sticking out of the water and occasional houses. It was a water world. I29 turns into Canada 75 and was entirely closed just north of the border; a 45 minute drive to Winnipeg turned into 3 hours of detours.

The hospital wanted to ambulance me to Winnipeg and admit me but found out Blue Cross don’t work there. I’d have been out an additional $15,000 just for that adventure had I taken it.

5 Likes

Holy shht

3 Likes

You really did have quite an adventure. Glad you dodge that 15k…

2 Likes

Yikess well we are all glad your ok my friend! :love_you_gesture::call_me_hand::sunglasses: Doesnt sound like to much fun for the end of the trip.

2 Likes

On a different note, I got to see some wonderful country, got to breathe air that wasn’t at 7,000 feet, got rained on, heard Ruffed Grouse drumming in the woods, was closer to a BIG bear than I ever have and got to see the Northern Lights. I just had to feel like shit to do all of that.

I appreciate everyone’s comments and well-wishes: great community here.

10 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights in person, that’s something you just have to see imo

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your trip washing out. Wishing you all the healing you need @Myfriendis410

There’s got to be some sort of silver lining.

4 Likes