Fun and Games in Colorado

Sounds like you deserve a lottery ticket win.

4 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear about the kidney thing… no laughing matter! All them men in my hubby’s family have kidney problems. He gets his checked faithfully every single year!

Wishing you well and sorry about your trip!!

4 Likes

Damn bro, sorry you’re dealing with all that. Hope the kidney gets sorted out. Having to cut the trip short sucks but kidney issues are no joke.

3 Likes

We stayed in Grand Forks before attempting a border crossing into Manitoba: once we got on I29 north of there, North Dakota turned into a world of water. There was water, trees sticking out of the water and occasional houses. It was a water world. I29 turns into Canada 75 and was entirely closed just north of the border; a 45 minute drive to Winnipeg turned into 3 hours of detours.

The hospital wanted to ambulance me to Winnipeg and admit me but found out Blue Cross don’t work there. I’d have been out an additional $15,000 just for that adventure had I taken it.

7 Likes

Holy shht

4 Likes

You really did have quite an adventure. Glad you dodge that 15k…

3 Likes

Yikess well we are all glad your ok my friend! :love_you_gesture::call_me_hand::sunglasses: Doesnt sound like to much fun for the end of the trip.

3 Likes

On a different note, I got to see some wonderful country, got to breathe air that wasn’t at 7,000 feet, got rained on, heard Ruffed Grouse drumming in the woods, was closer to a BIG bear than I ever have and got to see the Northern Lights. I just had to feel like shit to do all of that.

I appreciate everyone’s comments and well-wishes: great community here.

14 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see the northern lights in person, that’s something you just have to see imo

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your trip washing out. Wishing you all the healing you need @Myfriendis410

There’s got to be some sort of silver lining.

5 Likes

Update May 18th

Blue Cheese came down.

21 Likes

I miss that sound. When we first bought our property I would always hear them. Take a walk in the woods and had a pretty good chance at kicking one up. Love that sound too. Then the turkey population exploded and no more grouse. Or it might be the damn coyotes.
I used to take fly in fishing trips into N Ontario. It has a lot of water too.
Take care of yourself. I am down one kidney and doing well with the one I have left. A couple holes around my stomach and side and out she came. Amazing…

8 Likes

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your kidney!!! My husband’s bro and pop both have only one. His dad has only had one for over 30 years now!! Wear those scars proudly!!

9 Likes

Very nice!! Looks tasty!! :drooling_face:

6 Likes

11 Likes

Looking good best wishes :v:

6 Likes

Lmk the terp profile my friend! Blue cheese is one of my favorite strains!! Is thst ilgm?

4 Likes

All of these were ILGM genetics.

7 Likes

That blue cheese looks amazing, solid buds and a big bushy plant, well done sir.

I am sorry to hear that your adventure up here into Canada this time around was filled with detours, extra expenses and unexpected weather. I am saddend to think that you think you may never get a chance to do what you came here to do, however never say never and don’t give up if that’s what you truly want to do.

Canadian healthcare is in dire straits currently and rural healthcare is closing down or barely functioning so I hope the experience was acceptable, at least the cost was, thankfully you had travel insurance (never travel without travel insurance anyone reading this NEVER).

In the bright side you did have an experience, toughed through it and the weather like a true hunter and came out the other side with sites seen not expected including the northern lights!
How far north were you out of curiosity What was the nearest town? I’ve only seen them a handful of times and almost always only green but one time it was like green tornadoes in the sky… So amazing we had to pull over and sit on the hood with our backs on the window, me and a co worker about 3/4 the way up north in Alberta.

Sorry about your kidney, I can only imagine how much stress that is bringing you and your family. Like @Caligurl said totally livable with 1 kidney although that will change how you live the rest of your life slightly. Stones are so painful… Ugh nothing seems to help with that sort of pain, maybe ketamine but that is only given in hospital. I worry of the cost this may have financially as your in the USA now.

Hope you are managing friend, we are here to support you mentally and so is your grow.

12 Likes

I was right at the south end of Lake Winnipeg and the Northern Lights I saw were green too. Along with sheet lightning in between.

I did not have medical insurance so had to pay out of pocket ($1,000) but was worth it. The doc misdiagnosed me as having a tumor on my colon instead of a kidney blockage. My doc here believes I did not pass a stone but rather the line to the bladder was kinked. They are putting a stent in that tube today (getting ready to go to the hospital now) under general anesthesia. Plus a prostate biopsy.

The main regret is I ruined my friend’s hunt and cost him close to $10K: all wasted.

Thanks for the kind wishes. We’ll see how it goes.

16 Likes