Fruits from the Auto Pots

Your orange Bud is about 2-3 weeks ahead of mine. Mine is not from ILGM.

1 Like

Nice to know that you got one going also . O Bud has the best growth of the four . I just checked them , they are doing good !

1 Like

Good structure on the Orange Bud . Strawberry Cough is nice too . Ph in the reservoir had risen up a little to 6.2 , dropped to back to 5.8 .

Strawberry Cough

4 Likes

Plants have been topped along with some light LST and a few fan leaves removed . Temperature 73* - RH 60% that puts VPD at 0.95 . Reservoir was cleaned yesterday PH 6.0 , PPMS 830 . Scrog screen is on and the light is on half power .

7 Likes

Orange Bud has taken the lead and if they were all her size I would flip now . The four plants drank 6 liters in 3 days . More leaves were trimmed from the top and the bottom .

4 Likes

I found a visitor who was looking for lunch . I let him stay for awhile . He likes the tropical weather . He will leave eventually because there is nothing for him to eat .

6 Likes

Yay autopots!

How many grows have you done using them?
What medium mix did you use?
Noticed you are using air domes, have you tried without? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Why clay pebbles on the top?

You said they got their first real feed when you had them in the autopots, what were they living off before if your using a soil less medium?
Nice VPD!

Watching!

3 Likes

Third grow with these using coco with perlite . I have not grown without the air domes [ they are a must have feature , Imo ] . Clay pebbles on top are only there to keep coco and perlite from coming out of the pot when trimming or moving the pots around etc. and getting into the valves , also making the tent easier to keep clean . I started them in 6 " pots with seed starter on top and a layer of Happy Frog on the bottom of the 6" . They got light ppm feedings of clonex solution early on and I think the happy frog helped them along .Strawberry Cough on left Agent Orange on right

Orange Bud on left Super lemon Haze on right .

9 Likes

Hello everything looks soo good, I’m going to set to watch I’m sure I’ll learn alot. I love following experienced growers so if it’s ok I’m set to watch. :blush::seedling:

4 Likes

I’m in soil and hear alot of people changing to coco. I need to go look at some. :laughing:

1 Like

Coco works well, but it needs run off every time. So you have catch the run off. That’s not always easy in a large plant in flower. @Amazon66

2 Likes

Your ok @Amazon66 , thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions we can get the answers . The reason I switched to coco was I was getting bugs in the soil I was buying . I had thrips and gnats that were liking the FF soil I was using . @Covertgrower is correct on saying you need to have run off to help reduce nutrient - salt build up , but it’s not too hard . If you change to coco you might have to change to different line of nutrients , some work better than others in coco . Thats why I like the coco with the auto pots , no bugs , no run off to worry about and no checking the coco to see if it needs watering . I have the most boring journal on here , nothing is going on here . I put some some PH Perfect Advance Nutrients in the reservoir and I’m done , sort of . lol . I will be getting some flowers soon I hope after switching to 12-12 , We will have some pistels to look at then at least .

6 Likes

Nice plants Seeddog, super lush, their growth not you :grin:
Love the strains, never heard of orange bud, that one sounds very enticing from what I just read.
Good luck w the grow and have fun :+1:
Set to watch :nerd_face: :popcorn:

2 Likes

Thank you @Mote . The Orange Bud seems to have the most bud sites forming of all the plants . I’m excited about this grow . Today the reservoir was taken out and cleaned . 6 liters of Advance Nutrients along with Cal Mag added , PHed to 5.9 . Tucked more branches under the screen and a few fan leaves were removed that blocked light . I’ve been called a lush before , and I good with that . :partying_face: :cocktail: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

:joy: That’s great! Yeah, people can call me whatever they want, aint no biggie in my book.
Your girls look like they’re set to go off :rocket: :bomb:
I love this stage, I love almost all the stages but this and what’s about to happen are my favorites.

Have two sativa dominant strains going now, very curious about them since I dont have any real experience w them per se. Probably consumed some at some point but prior to joining here, I wouldnt have known nor trusted what ever it may have been billed as so its all new to me :wink:
I hope I like them :beers: :grin: :v:

1 Like

I too like all the stages they go through and how their growth and shape can be so different . Flowering stage is the best and these will be showing their buds soon . It’s great to have different strains to grow and try . I sure you will like the sativa !

How big is your Res? You added 6L of AN!
Also why 5.9? Isn’t 5.8 ideal?
Just clarifying =p

@Amazon66 this is my first non soil grow but I traditionally ran autos in soil, I was lucky only had bugs once but you can avoid that with DE on the top, soil is super easy to start on and once you have the basics on soil I think switching to coco after 5 grows has me feeling pretty comfortable and I’m excited but a bit nervous for my coco grow that I have going on. Soils so easy.

1 Like

Thank you so much, good luck on your grow. :smile::seedling:

I think it’s 12.4 gallon reservoir . I only add 6 liters to the reservoir every two days or so because I’m home and I’m able keep an eye on things [ retired ] . I clean the reservoir about every two or three weeks and keeping the level lower I can see the bottom of the tank better and I can see the brown crap from the nutes . My PH will fluctuate between 5.7 - 6.2 , I shoot for 5.9 ,plants seem happy .

4 Likes

Day 19 since lights were flipped , the screens are full , they are guzzling nutrients and growing fast . Auto pots are doing their job .

fullsizeoutput_748

4 Likes