Fox farms nutrient schedule for autos

Anytime.

Have a similar?
When I was talking to support while ordering seeds I was told, for the first 4 weeks just use ph adjusted water. Then follow your fertilizer feeding schedule but half the recipe. Obviously needs to be adjusted after measurements thatā€™s a whole other monster for another day. Iā€™m usingā€¦

3x3 Tent
FF Happy Frog Soil
FF 3pack Liquid
Buds and Bloom (Flowering);
Grow Big (Veg?);
Big Bloom (Entire cycle?)

It says 2-3 teaspoons of grow big, buds & bloom, big bloom says 4 teaspoons every other watering. So I was told to half it (because of autos), then I figure half it again (the less is more approach :person_shrugging:) and start feeding @ week 4, only ph adjusted water the first 4 weeks, then get a good flush reading and adjust. Does that sound reasonable?

What else do I need calmag right and thatā€™s at flowering and I can use the same system as above?

The other thing I am a little confused about is the measurements. I calibrated and made some test measurements today to get familiar with equipment. (PH20 pen & Bluelab PENCON) Thatā€™s not a problem I got that part down. If there is more than one feed per growth stage can I add to the same gallon of water? Then when I test soil run off what do I do with that EC reading and how do I adjust?

I really only should need that 3 pack and calmag right? Well and water and light.

I donā€™t expect you to explain everything some resources /links really any info would be great. I am as new to the game as they come I have been doing tons of research for a few weeks I feel like I have learned so much yet nothing at all lol

2 Likes

Here is a FF feeding schedule for autos Ive found works pretty good. By pretty good I mean if your plant gets large or heavily flowered, you may need to increase nitrogen for mid to late mid of flowering.

You are reading off the bottle right? Believe those instructions are for if using that one nute and only that one nute. As for halfing it. I like to start at half and gradually work my way to either full feeds or until the tips of her leaves burn. I feel, especially with FF nutes, that you should follow the flushing schedule (weeks 5, 8, and 11). 2 ways to do this 1) use FF product sledgehammer as directed on bottle.
2) flush soil using 3x the volume of your pot in water. I.E. 5 gal pot needs 15 gallons water) there is a process to it. Im doing one tomorrow. Ill take pics and what-not so you can see how I do it.

As far as feeding supplies go, yes. Equipment though. PH pen and TDS meter are a must. While a cheap tds meter will suffice a cheap ph pen will leave you frustraited. I recommend an apera ph20 or better. Lil spendy but Lights and a quality PH pen are two most important pieces of growing equipment and should not be cheapest you can find.

Calmag is needed for Distilled or RO water users.

Silica, molasses, epsom salt, and a mycorhyze product like mycos and azos are good too have, not necessary but will definatly increase yeild potential.

I try to use both. :slight_smile:

We are all newbs in the beginning. You will find that there are more pros here then you can shake a stick at, which is good cuz there are MANY ways to shave this kitty. Try to limit your readings to one method at a time because each has its differences. The vast amount of knowledge all at once can be overwhelming and will have you spinning outta control! My best advice is 4 things. 1) dont try everything all at once, pic a technique and focus on it next grow try a new ā€œexperimentā€ allow your skills and understanding to build. 2) The only stupid question is the one you dont ask. 3) to grab an individual growers attn do like so @Docnraq and the board will alert that person to your thread. 4) start a grow journal here so that all your questions and the answers to them are all in one spot. Easier for you to find, easier for other newbies to find and learn from. If you make one, tag me to it and I will follow along. Start with a reality check. List your gear, nute lineup and grow plan so that other members can point out anything missing or misundertood.

Buds and bloom, do you mean tiger bloom?

Welcome to the community, ill tag you in my running journal, you are welcome to join in the convo. I also update my grow and answer questions there.

1 Like

Wow man I canā€™t thank you enough.
I got good pH and tds meter I knew not to go to cheap I did research.
Yes I meant tiger bloom.
You guys have all been great I am amazed.
Seeds are "out for delivery " :grin:
If Iā€™m not going to start feeding nutrients till like week 5 then obviously thereā€™s no need for me to do a flush until a few weeks after week 5. No?

One last ? (sure you heard that before)
Storing seeds for long term, what climate should I keep them in.
I got 10 im only gonna do 2 at a time to start.
Seeds just came, lol I just pulled these out and realized when the hell was the last time i seen a seed? haha

Iā€™m gonna take your guidance with nutes(i mean everyone who replied thank you so much for helping me) light sched 18/6? Just follow the general guidelines? Iā€™m growing PP Auto.
I think my tent came with a height/intensity sched, that should be fine to follow right. Gotta be called a weed for a reason, you can tell me just put it in the dirt. :slight_smile:

To germinate its a little cold in my tent so I have my remote sensor ontop of a plate ontop of a seedling mat to calibrate it to a good temp, right on mat on lowest setting probably too hot, not mat too cold lows 60s @ night.
Right now with plate on mat i can keep a steady 72-73. Then planned on putting the glass on the plate and waitā€¦

Purple Punch being Hawaiian Iā€™m guessing i should aim for high 70s in both temp and humidity?

Preferred Climate

Purple Punch prefers warmer, Mediterranean climates. This plant thrives in warm, humid environments, which helps it grow dense and abundant. This strain is quite [resilient to pests and mold]; however, they grow extremely dense and bushy, so be sure to prune back some of the foliage to provide more light and prevent unwanted circumstances like mildew.

**** sorry guys trying to not hijack the thread but my brain wont stop.***

Im a new grower using fox farm potting soil ā€¦ im going on 4 weeks since sprout and i really dont know when to give it nutritients ā€¦ my plant looks healthy with no deficienciesā€¦ please help

1 Like

Also im growing autoflowers starting out

I cut off 3 of the fan leaves ā€¦ never topped it ā€¦ this is 3 weeks and 1 day

3 Likes

I wouldnt be cutting anything off a new plant unless it was dying. What type of FF soil are you using? Do you have tds/ec/ph meter to test your runnoff?

Also that plant is ready for transplant.

Youre also in preflower so i would start using the ff open seasame along with the normal feeding regimine.

St

1 Like

Here is a Happy Frog schedule too. Havent really seen anyone with one on here. But if youre using Happy Frog this is your schedule

1 Like

Robert has an article on nutrients if interested Apply the Best Nutrients for the Biggest Crops

1 Like

When you are growing Autoflowering plants, you should use only half the amount of nutrients that you would use for Photoperiod plants, because Autoflowering plants have lower nutrient needs than Photoperiod plants. This will be sufficient to ensure a successful and healthy grow. Always take into account your own situation and the conditions of your plants and apply nutrients in a suitable way.

Prepare the nutrient solution by dissolving the nutrient powders in tap water that has a room temperature of 20ĀŗC / 68ĀŗF. Stir the solution well and check the pH value. If it is not at the optimal level, you should adjust it accordingly.

Please check our guide about applying the best nutrients here.

1 Like