Fox farms nutrient schedule for autos

If you’re around 1900, definitely hold off on adding anything. I don’t even think about feeding till I’m under 1000. Then I only add a few hundred ppm. Mark down each runoff ppm for the next week or 2 so you can get a trend of how much she’s eating per water interval.

3 Likes

You think sohum soil an happy frog soil mix together would be good an tiger bloom an the end ?

1 Like

Ok I’m new to growing what exactly is run off ?

I have been growing auto’s of various varieties and two things remain consistent, soil and light. I am by no means an expert and am still posting and learning but they do well with this as minimum conditions, FFOF or Happy frog mixed with a pound of Earths Living Soil super soil, in a 5 gallon cloth pot, no need for any nutes… just water and pay attention to light. I am currently in the process of finding out if Happy Frog is good enough without nutes or Super soil. Will let you know in a few weeks when things start to happen… or not.

3 Likes

Hi I was wondering how the happy frog without nutes went for you ? Thanks

I used 50% happy Frog, 50% FFOF,/clay pellets. I didn’t add nutrients until week 6. Check ppm. I’m using FF nutrients.

1 Like

Would you please share the schedule that FF sent you for autos? Lots of conflicting info in this thread and it’d be valuable to see exactly what FF is recommending.
¡Gracias!

They actually told me to knock off 2-3 weeks from the feeding of regular seeds. You knock off 2weeks from the middle of the feed schedule. Not at the end but in the middle (flowering) mode where you are feeding them all 3 bottles. Do you get it? Sorry, I don’t have the shot on my new phone. I just emailed them and they were quick and nice about explaining it. Hit up Fox farms, they’ll help.

3 Likes

How did the happy frog and only water work out?

1 Like

Not sure if you ever got an answer to this, so. I used only Happy Frog and water and my autoflower ran out of nutes right as it started flowering around week 4 or 5. Have to supplement now every time I water.

Shock

Not until now, so I appreciate the response. That’s very good to know. I really dig happy frog for the life in it and was always afraid that salt based nutes would kill the life in it. Thanks for your reply, now I know that I should start nutes around 4 weeks prob.
Thanks Shock

2 Likes

Hi! I am a first time grower and am going to use fox farm ocean forest and I have auto flower seeds on the way from ILGM and was wondering after those first six week at what rate did you add the tiger bloom and how much? And what else did you add after if anything? I’m sorry for so many question’s especially if you have already answered them!

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the forum.

Excellent choice! I also use OF. You will want to add some perlite to your soil. I mix mine at ratio of 1 scoop perlite to 3 scoops soil. (Scoop being whatever size you want)

While it is common for OF to have enough nutes to get to flowering for autos, 4-6 weeks, its not a gurantee. The best way to tell it is time to feed your plant is by monitoring your runoff. When runoff tds drops below 1000 you will want to feed. With autos less tends to be more, as far as nutes go. So it is best to start at 1/2 dose and build up, See how your plant reacts. Are you going to be using the FF trio. Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom? Any other nutes?

2 Likes

Welcome @bryguy2 ! @Docnraq has you covered. You won’t need to feed for a while in OF. Tiger bloom is your flowering nutrient so won’t need that until you’re flowering. Big bloom is something you can add if you’re absolutely itching to adding something. It’s not necessary but won’t hurt.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Great information here! I am just wondering if I am on the right track here, I plan on starting my grow next week after wrapping up my research this weekend and gathering the right supplies. I have an AC Infinity complete tent, and will be growing inside of an AC Controlled shed in my backyard so I should be able to control my climate rather easily.

For soil from what I gathered a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Soil on top and Happy Frog on bottom, with perlite worked in with some clay pellets. Would this be a good combination? I also plan to get the Fox Farm Nutrients and doing light veg feeding and bloom feeding when it begins to flower around week 5.

Any thoughts or corrections for a total novice are super appreciated!

1 Like

What is your lighting and how many plants you trying to grow your soil sounds fine you will need a tds pen to read ppms and a ph pen to keep ph right at 6.5.

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Im jellyfish! They came out with the really good gear after I already put mine together. Think when my light dies or reacges 50,000 hours, ill replace with AC infinity.

Going into the winter months you may want to have a heater for colder nights. If you have the funds I would insulate the shed. Get some siding insulation foam panels with an R value of 5 or 10.

Looks like this. Its easy to hang and to cut to fit. Yhis will lower the amount of time you need to run AC/Heat during the worst weather (mid summer and mid winter).

Close. You will want to go Happy Frog with addtl perlite (20% or so) for top 1/3 of pot. Then either bottom 2/3 pot Ocean Forest+ 20% perlite. Or middle 1/3 OF and perlite bottom 1/3 strawberry fields + 25% perlite. EACH FF soil has a different use. HF has reduced nutes good for seedlings, OF high in N low in P and K (for vegging), SF Low in N high in P and K (for flowering) in photo plants you might repot into various soil but in autos its a forever pot so you wanna accomodate each phase.

Personally I do not use Happy Frog. I use OF cut with 30% or more perlite. Makes it easier on the sprout.

I use this also along side the soluble pk boosters. You will want to get a calmag suplement if useing RO or Distilled water, silicablastbdoesnt hurt to have around. Get PH up and PH down also.

Sorry it took so long to respond! Thank you VERY much for the info! I have the full set up of cutting edge solutions as it is what my best friend uses for all of his grows but if it is easier to use FF trio I will switch to that as I am only in week 4 since planting the seeds! The only real question I have is how much is too much with these autos? I have seen how he feeds his regular photoperiod strains and it’s rather heavy!

1 Like

Less is more with autos, start with half dose and work your way up. Then just let your runoff tell you what to do next. When it drops bellow 1000ppm tds its time to feed. If the tips of your leaves burn, back off a lil.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like