Food that makes people happy šŸ˜

This was last weekend
Pork shoulder 225 for 10 hrs
Pork ribs 225 for 6

I have an electric smoker. Since Iā€™m in the woods woods it seemed less of a fire risk. I wish I had a good one like a Weber. My friend works for hasty-bake. They give the employees the old models free. Lucky mother :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: he is. Lol

16 Likes

@registereduser FUQ YES it is!
Oh man that looks so good, I need to taste it!
Totally agree, Breakfast once a week is mandatory for dinner.
Thatā€™s a new rule from now on!
(as Sheriff @Gremmall would say)

Quick story;
My wife and I used to live with her cousin, he was a smart dude, goin to UNI. (No common sense)
Set the kitchen on fire, cooking chips in a deep fryer.
THEN burnt his testicles, searing the skin off them! Thats right, you read correctlyā€¦
Trying to unblock sinuses with bowl full of boiling water with Eucalyptus (sitting in his lap, on the lounge :man_facepalming:)

10 Likes

Ouch. Well he knows how to boil eggs then doesnā€™t he :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

That looks good! Iā€™ve done pork butt on my smoker. Makes great carnitas.

3 Likes

Oh man I can almost feel the sympathy pain for this one. Yikes!

3 Likes

Rocky mountain oysters anyoneā€¦ anyoneā€¦anyone

8 Likes

Eggs and brisket tacos for breakfast are the bomb!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve tried em. Here they are called calf fries. The weirdest thing Iā€™ve eaten was a pigs eyeball out of the skull after roasting on a spit in the filipines. (itā€™s spelled with F there not Ph) itā€™s considered an honor of the house guest soā€¦when in Rome. It was like a gamey fried okra. Good tho.

3 Likes

Man O manā€¦ That looks DELICIOUSā€¦

2 Likes

Dry rub or what? Brisket and burnt tips are my favorite smoked meat.

3 Likes

Thanks it was. My wife loves when I do a brisket.

3 Likes

When I went to Cozumel my first time the can driver had a goats head on his dashboard and you pick at the brainā€¦ it was good :ok_hand:

5 Likes

If youā€™re not dry rubbing, you have to baste, or slow cook, or reverse slow cook IMHO

Thatā€™s not tobacco or weed people,
itā€™s home made GOODNESS.
Smells amazing, smoky with a fresh hint of tea.

5 Likes

The flea market in Tulsa has an old lady in the back that makes goat brain street tacos. You put enough cumin on something tho and it all tastes like tacos.

3 Likes

@RandomlyRan, have you tried Belut? If you have you are braver than I my friend :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what I do. I trim the brisket leaving about a 1/4" fat cap. Drizzle it with good balsamic then use a dry rub all over usually Tony Cachereā€™s. I then put it in a large zip lock bag 2gal overnight. Just before going onto the smoker I hit it pretty generously with coarse ground black pepper. I fire up the smoker and put the brisket on unwrapped fat side down to protect the meat @325-350*. At around two hours I check temp looking to be around 170* once it hits 170* I wrap it in foil and put back on smoker fat side up. I check temp again around two hours later once temp reads 200-210* I pull it off and let it sit at least a half hour. If it gets done early Iā€™ll wrap it a towel and put it in a cooler with other towels to keep it warm, Itā€™ll stay warm for hours in the cooler. Slice and eat.

3 Likes

No never have heard of it. Googling now tho.
Edit googled eating balut, Asian swamp eel. I probably would if it tastes better than starvation but I wouldnā€™t be happy about doing so lol

3 Likes

We have a testicle festival in a near by small town.

I personally just enjoyed the beer and french fries :grin:
You guys have definitely made me hungryā€¦not for testicle, Iā€™m referring to the beef Wellington that Iā€™ve always wanted to try. I could eat french toast several times a week for any meal. I like to add a little almond extract and cinnamon to my french toast.

9 Likes

This is going in my smoker next cook up, thank you for sharing my friend, I was hoping that we would get different recipes and techniques, appreciate you sharing.

3 Likes

I wash it down with some home-brew.

11 Likes