Food that makes people happy šŸ˜

Greetings Everyone,

Most of you already know me, but what some of you may not know, is that I love to cook and make people happy with food, as well as bringing them positive vibes.
This thread is designed so that people can share their favourite recipes from around the globe, edibles, stories etc
Anything goesā€¦ Except drama.

Advisory Warning

If you do not know how to safely boil water, it is advised that you receive permission/adult supervision from your parent/guardian/WIFEā€¦

Without further ado, Iā€™ll christen this thread with my favourite home cooked meal. I substitute anything I donā€™t like in the recipe and use devilled ham, for the paste, cut down on mushrooms and increase garlic.
I tweak every recipe to suit our tastes.

Beef Wellingtons

I generally make a simplified version of these, with a nice red wine jus/gravy,
baked and steamed veg - YUM!

@Southerngal @Amazon66 @GreenJewels @pptrsha1
@QueenCityB @LoCoRock
@BetrayedSoul @Budbrother
@shindig153 @Skydiver

18 Likes

24 Likes

See what you went and did @Enlightened420?
You made something so good and masterful that itā€™s going to be really hard to follow.

4 Likes

Ok, this is what I had for breaky yesterday:

The Breakfast of Champions

Enlightenedā€™s
Scrambled eggs surprise,
the surprise is whatever is leftover in the fridge, anything works.

Anyone can top scrambled eggs.

15 Likes

Oh, so ya gotta dumb it down for the masses, huh?:man_facepalming:
Iā€™ll jump in the game next time I cook. Maybe tomorrow.

8 Likes

Not at all my friend, there is no contest, just want to share our culinary cultures with each other.

@repins12 @Warkat @Oldtimer69
@fRIEDfRED @Mat @kettle
@scylents @Dman1969 @ReconBravo @CoyoteCody

12 Likes

Whoaā€¦ That looks delicious! Iā€™m down. Thanks for the tag. Iā€™ll try to post tonightā€¦ Mainly just plant base diet here but still Mmmmm. Hope you have a great day brother!

8 Likes

Im pretty much vegan these days. Thatā€™s a good thing too for me. Im fasting for the next week so canā€™t join in right now. Interested to see what folks come up with tho :face_with_thermometer::poop:.

5 Likes

My ultimate happy food (excluding bacon, bacon, ice cream, popcorn and bacon :joy:) is home made sloppy joes. I will take a pic next time. (Just made it Tuesday)
2 lb hamburger
1 bell pepper (diced)
1/2 onion (diced)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
3 tbsp brown mustard
1 cup ketchup
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Warshyoursister, salt and pepper to taste.
Brown the meat, everybody in the pool and reduce.

I love to cook. I may do chicken pot pie tonight and take pics.

13 Likes

You as well my friend :v:

Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Indian, Italian, Cajun, German, Southern Style Grill/Pit Masters,
Natural Healing Medicine, Summer Salads, Meat flavoured Meat!
The Universe is the limit my fellow Gromies!!!
If it tastes good, I want to see it, on this thread, tag everyone that LOVES food, especially gettin high from foodā€¦

Food makes me HAPPY!?!
Letā€™s ALL enjoy it together :grin:

6 Likes

I really like a Cuban breakfast recipe I found. I top it with srirachi, pepper jack cheese, and a couple of fried eggs.

5 cups rice

1 can black beans

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp coriander (cilantro)

2 garlic cloves

Ā½ medium white onion

1 red bell pepper

2 pounds chorizo cooked with sofrito

Lime juice

1 can diced tomato

Potato

In a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and sautƩ potato, onion, pepper, and diced tomato, approximately 5 minutes.

Cook chorizo, adding sofrito, lime, and spices when nearly cooked.

Combine ingredients, adding cooked rice and black beans, and stir over medium heat for a few minutes

10 Likes

And lentil soup. I add a pound of stew beef and a pound of lamb to this recipe.

ā€¢ 1/4 cup olive oil
ā€¢ 2 carrots, diced
ā€¢ 2 stalks celery, chopped
ā€¢ Medium chopped onion
ā€¢ 2 cloves garlic, minced
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon dried oregano
ā€¢ 1 bay leaf
ā€¢ 1 teaspoon dried basil
ā€¢ 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
ā€¢ 3 cups dry lentils
ā€¢ 2 qts veg or chicken broth
ā€¢ 2 tablespoons vinegar
ā€¢ salt to taste
ā€¢ ground black pepper to taste
ā€¢ 1 lemon
Directions

1. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
  2. Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.
6 Likes

Damn, Iā€™m salivating already, Iā€™ll have to swap out the tomatoes (canā€™t eat small seeds, due to medical condition IBS)
Which is what brought about my food journey, how to eat healthy, but still enjoy my lifeā€¦
And love my food :grin: :v:

6 Likes

The Cuban breakfast sounds incredibly edibly delicious.

3 Likes

Super coolā€¦ I love food too( lol) and I can eat all I wantā€¦ And I mean anything I want. My metabolism is thru the roof, Iā€™m telling you if I was a hummingbird all my hummingbird friends would tell me I never stop flapping. Anywhoā€¦ preface - Iā€™ve always joked I married my wife because sheā€™s an awesome cookā€¦
SO last night my wife is making hard boiled eggs for my son and I see the cookbook out. I start laughing and say what the hell is the book doing out for hard boiled eggs. She apparently forgot how long to boil them. I got a good laugh

8 Likes

@LoCoRock,
Toy soldiers with soft boiled eggs is a favourite of mine :joy:
:confounded::pensive::unamused: so ā€¦ What did the the recipe sayā€¦ You know about perfect soft boiled eggs
:woozy_face::grin::bacon::fried_egg::bread:

P.S I make amazing French toast :v:

3 Likes

My wife uses french vanilla creamer for French toast. I LOVE breakfast for dinner if it was up to me it be twice a week but the wife doesnā€™t agree. Itā€™s killing me not having my IHOP every Sunday morning ritual.

I donā€™t look at the bookā€¦ LoL Iā€™m the grill guy that is all. Or fish my wife hates seafood. Which is okay I use to commercial fish for 4 years so ive had my fair share between lobster pots and long lining. If I never eat swordfish or lobster again Iā€™m fine with that. Well maybe once or three times a year wonā€™t hurt. LoL
Quick story - wife and Iā€™s first date I order shrimp scampi and she moves to the other far far end of the table. LoL.

6 Likes

Lol. In her defense there are hard boiled and soft boiled eggs and thereā€™s a ratio of how far above the eggs your water level should be based on how many eggs you have in the pan.
My wifeā€™s brother set the kitchen on fire burning out all the cabinets above the stove and damaging the roof while boiling water to make tea. Lol. He turned the wrong burner on, walked away and came back to a grease fire in the other pan. So he promptly threw the tea water on it, because ā€œwater puts out fire, everybody knows that stupidā€ :grin::joy::joy:. Lol. The lid to the grease pan was sitting next to the tea water on the counter :man_facepalming:t3: some peoples kidsā€¦
Oh and breakfast for dinner @LoCoRock should be a mandatory twice week minimum. We usually do biscuits and gravy one day and pancakes and sausage for another. Usually always twice a week tho.

5 Likes

Ok Iā€™ll play. Is it ok to smoke on this thread? Brisket smoked hot and fast 5hrs @ 325-350* done on a Weber Smokey Mountain.

23 Likes

Dude @registereduser that looks friggen delic-ee-o-so ā€¦ OMG Iā€™m starving Marvin now ā€¦ very very nice, so tender I bet oh and brisket sandwiches I betā€¦ mmm

8 Likes