Flushing Coco for Harvest. 2-3x per watering or overall?

Hello, I know this is a silly question (hopefully my last) but I get confused easily and just like to make sure I understand before I ruin all my work. I was told that when growing (autos) in coco you want to start the flush as the trichomes start to turn amber. But I somehow don’t understand how to flush for harvest… Do you put a full 2-3 times the pot size through each watering or is it just at least that much throughout the whole process? It’s just if I put 2x through I can almost guarantee it will be between 100-250ppm after the first flush alone. I know that’s the end goal I just want to make sure that’s not going to be too much too early
I know I’ve asked for a lot of help throughout this grow so thank you for all the info I’ve started picking up on a few things just don’t quite have it all down yet.

4 Likes

I think @MattyBear uses coco

If you are looking to flush your media before harvest the normal route is to run 3 times the pot size through it. I prefer to do this: a dose of Florakleen then water to runoff for the last week or ten days while sampling the TDS of the runoff. When you are down below 300 ppm you are done.

Darkness over night and give em the chop before they see light.

Don’t forget to do a bud wash too.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s where I get confused. Are you saying you flush 3 times the pot size through roughly a week before hand until the ppm is below 300 then just plain water for the remainder of that time? Or right when it hits 300 let the coco dry out, give it 24-48 hrs of darkness then chop? I feel like this should be obvious to me but somehow it isn’t.

Don’t over think it. Just give her a good flush And let her finish out. You’ll see her start to consume herself when the ppms get low

1 Like