Flowering immature plant

I’m just wondering out of curiosity what would happen if I flower a immature plant…?

Would she start showing and flower immediately?
would she grow like in veg until maturity and only then start flowering?

1 Like

She will grow to sexual maturity and then flower. There is at least one grower here that grows 12/12 start-to-finish with photos.

4 Likes

From seed to flower?

If you have seeds and space why not… might be pretty productive…

1 Like

That sounds like the cheat code for lots of fresh herb all year round. LOL

1 Like

There are places on earth that have a 12/12h schedule naturally all year round…

Hmmmm🤔

Colombia is on the Equator and the only way to grow big plants outdoors is to use a ‘gas lantern’ technique: around Midnight lights are turned on over the fields for 1/2 hour which tricks the plants into thinking it’s a longer day.

8 Likes

Eat your heart out discovery channel.
I learn more stuff here than any episode of “How It’s Made”.

2 Likes

lucky boss is not arround just made me lol in the office…

@Myfriendis410 these arent ganja fields are they???

Supposedly commercial cannabis fields. You might find the episode of ‘Weediquette’ that went down there: interesting show.

1 Like

Honestly, unless you are breeding for small batches, what would be the point of going through germination, seedling, early veg, veg, preflower just to bud out a small plant? Pointless… just grow the damn thing. Get a mom plant going and clone the snot out of it… that way you dont have to wait until it reaches sexual maturity… its already sexually mature… just flower it! :blossom:

1 Like

Whats the shortest time period from cut to flip with clones? 3 weeks… mine barely rooted after 2…

They will start to flower without root mass if given opportunity.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 is right, they are mature as a clone and can flower immediately. However, its not ideal to ask a plant to make flower if the roots are not capable of uptake or support.

1 Like

@Cannabian What minimum time in veg is ideal for a clone?

Depends, if you are doing a sog grow I would think a few weeks from planting would be lots.