First timer, white Widow auto

I guess that I should not be concerned with my couple of excursions to 84 F. Thanks @Rugar89 and @ReMoLu.:+1::writing_hand::man_scientist::cowboy_hat_face::chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

@ReMoLu @merlin44

Not saying that keeping temps under 80 deg. is what we want, but sometimes things are what they are. We just have to deal with situations that are beyond our control.
This year Im installing a window AC unit next to my tents. Then build a box around the AC unit and plumb the intake ducting into the box for some cool air induction straight to the tents.

3 Likes

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
They all seem happy, the #3 girl looks like has some extra nodes popping out??? Not sure if that correct term???
I added a couple of close ups. Is this the beginning of flowering?
@Countryboyjvd1971 @merlin44

5 Likes

They look excellent to me @ReMoLu … I call it “secondary growth” but I just made that term up so I could call it something.

1 Like

This seemed to happen overnight. PH and temps have been good expect the temp spike the other day for about 12 hrs, but have been under control since. This one had been a runt from beginning. Does this look like light burn? Or nute burn?
None of the others are indicating this and look healthy best I can tell. Today is technically water feed day, but moisture is good but maybe ready for water midday.
I rotating this one to a different position and see, but would like some input, @Countryboyjvd1971 @merlin44 any others

2 Likes

if soil is still wet don’t water or feed hold off until soil is dry I never use a schedule as far as how many days just go by soil moisture levels when they get bigger they will eat and drink more
just water next time and collect run off lets test ph and ppm of that .
remind me of soil type
http://support.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/t/fill-out-a-support-ticket/1458/7

fill out support ticket this will help us as well
@garrigan65 eyes on above pic please

2 Likes

@ReMoLu, I will be watching for replies from @Countryboyjvd1971 and others. I am sure that they will have some good info for you. From the photo, seems to be isolated to older leaves. Is that really true?

I agree with @Countryboyjvd1971, I water based on soil moisture rather than a any sort of fixed schedule. Based on photo and comparing to the symptom checker, could be phosphorous deficiency but seems weird that the others are not showing symptoms. I would keep a close eye on them just in case. The experienced growers will certainly have better infor.

1 Like

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

White widow, ILGM
Soil in fabric pots, FFHF

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength. Last water and feed was 4 days ago. 2/15/18: soil was dry and was ready for water and feed. Water with 5 tsp big grow and 2 tsp big bloom pH 6.4 unadjusted. Gave each plant about 2 1/2 cups each of mix. A couple are just showing 4th node !!!
Indoor grow, 2x4x5 tent, one fan and exhausting fan pulling in dehumidifier air through tent. Temps mid 70s with RH in 50s
[/quote]

2 Likes

don’t feed as mentioned we will need to get run off readings next watering
I’m suspecting your ph in soil out of adjustment
take a look at symptom checker guide in the meantime
tag me when you water don’t panic or do anything in hast
:wink:

2 Likes

@ReMoLu I would be careful with the nutes at this early stage of growth. You are using good soil that should be all the plant needs for the first several weeks.

2 Likes

I normally don’t start feeding until I have at least 5 nodes fyi

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @merlin44 not too worried and thought it was odd it showed over night

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 pH water runoff is 6.6, water in was 6.4

1 Like

Is that FF nutes you are using? IMO they are still to young for nutes, and 5 tsp of Grow Big is way to much for even a mature plant.

Do you have a way of measuring the PPM both in and out?

1 Like

I usually don’t start feeding until week 5 or 6 on the schedule using FF soil.

1 Like

@Rugar89 makes a great point about the nutrients as well
thanks for posting the pdf bro
@ReMoLu just ph water for now

2 Likes

Usmcjojo is it really necessary to transplant? can’t u just plant seed straight into a big pot/bin?

1 Like

@ExcitedMuch, you certainly can plant directly into the “final home” pot with the following considerations.

1. For Auto’s, you should plant them in their final home. Auto’s are particularly sensitive to shock that can cause the plant to have difficulties.

2. For Photo’s, planting in smaller container and working you way up to larger ones gives you better control over how much water the plant is getting. In larger pots, many folks have a tendency to over water the young plants.

3. If you plant directly into large pots, be very careful not to knock the new plant/seedling down with a torrent of water.

4. Large pots require a proportionally larger amount of water (and nutes), than small pots, to get and keep the soil moist. But, too much moisture will drown your seedlings and can cause difficulties with larger plants. Be careful not to over water.

In short, there are many reasons to gradually increase the size of the pots and the there are challenges to be overcome if you choose to go directly to the large pots.

Personally, I start in small pots, move to two gallon pots and finally to 10 gallon pots.
:writing_hand::man_scientist::cowboy_hat_face:

Wwa seems to show signs of light and heat stress more then some other strains. When i added my 2nd Dimigogo 1k-led(act pull 250)they got “taco leaves” pretty bad, there was amnesia haze autos closer to the lights and no signs of stress. The wwa also got small bleach spots or lighter/white spots when the new LED was added and still alittle too close.And ILGM wwa genetics are pretty good in my opinion, in over 25 wwa i got 1 sat. Phen.type the first run and one the second run, all the rest were pretty uniform, fast growing vigorous plants. In gen. I also noted wwa handled being dried out better then the aha or any of the others in my room. And its very mold resistant, the strawberry kush fem from ILGM also super mold resistant. Fyi.

2 Likes