First timer. My Northern Lights Auto isn't getting bigger

I’m currently growing a Northern lights Auto. It flowered @ 6 weeks. I’m in 10 -11 weeks of flower and it refuses to finish.
Hopefully this gives you peace of mind

3 Likes

Thanks. I just want it to start getting some height to it. Then I’ll feel a little better.

1 Like

Update. After only watering around the rock wool and not watering at all yesterday here is what my Northern Lights auto looks like. Not sure its gonna get any height to it. The Rockwool is still pretty wet and new growth just flops to the side.

I also have this odd white stuff i noticed this morning on the clay pebbles.

Lastly I have 3 seeds (Grand Daddy Purple) that have germinated in a doom They have been germinated for about a week and seemingly haven’t changed at all. Again I think the Rockwool is prolly to wet but I don’t know. All of this feel like a disaster. Any thing I can do that im not doing?

1 Like

@Graysin @BigItch

I get that on my leca too - it’s fine. Generally just mineral buildup. I also tend to use tap water instead of RO or distilled, so I see it faster than most.

Seedling heat mat - I can’t say enough how much of a game changer those are. I enjoyed a nearly 100% germ rate up until for whatever reason, I stopped using mine (space saving I think) and went back down to more like 50% success rates.

Hey I have a heat mat under the tray. :metal:

1 Like

Sorry if it’s already been asked, I’m admittedly just too lazy to scroll back up and check. Did you do a 24 hr soak in some water and hydrogen peroxide before putting them in the rockwool?

I did a soak but from everything I’ve read and people I’ve spoken to I’ve never heard of using hydrogen peroxide. The seeds in the dome are already germinated but just aren’t growing.

1 Like

If they got a tail, then you’re right I’m assessing the wrong problem.

So I’ll re-visit the basics of rockwool. My apologies if it’s redundant - but I’ll do it again anyway.

Rockwool is naturally extremely alkaline. So start by soaking it in water ph’d down to 5.8. I soak mine for 1 hour. I’ve read to do as much as 24 hours but I don’t see a need, and had worse survival rates with the 24 hr soak.

After soaking, set it out on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes to allow excess moisture to drain out. Resist the temptation to squeeze it - you’ll affect the integrity of the cube and it will start to fall apart on you over time.

Once the cube is moist to the touch but not “wet” (not dripping. It should feel a bit like touching a damp paper towel), then place the seeds into the rockwool - I use a chopstick to poke a new hole about 1/4” deep - the premade holes are often too deep imo. Place the seed and cover in a dome on the heat mat. I do it in total darkness for about 48 hours but it’s for no particular reason. Under a seedling-friendly light would work just fine.

As far as your germinated lady, if the rockwool is still wet, it’s probably time to lift the net pot and see how wet it’s getting from the water below.

1 Like

Thanks Graysin

My NL was slow too, spent about a month after sprouting at the 1st true leaf stage. So it could be just the strain.