First timer indoor, new journal: Black Widow, Bruce Banner and GDP photos

Much thanks!!!

2 Likes

I also skipped the ice bath on Suzan. Sheā€™s not getting fed or pHā€™ed so I took her out and ran a few gallons of hose water through. The water is like 50Ā°. Even if it doesnā€™t change the colors more before Thursday, sheā€™s still getting chopped. Iā€™m ready give the babies some space.

3 Likes

She does look really pretty. I wonder if theeeeese do better in Jackā€™s and Coco? :thinking::thinking: Sheā€™ll be done in a few days, and was literally only a 10 week grow, with horrible conditions until a about 3 weeks ago. I guess if my wife likes her and says go ahead, then I will see if I can put one in a 1 gallon, start to finish. I think Iā€™m just antsy. :tired_face:

7 Likes

They are perfect. Nuff said.

4 Likes

Sheā€™s a beauty 4 sure

4 Likes

Thanks guys. May pull an ā€˜ask for forgiveness laterā€™
with the wife and drop one straight into some Coco.

2 Likes

I dare you

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ending Day 8ā€¦

Left the girls alone today. No root shots. Iā€™m not going to check them for a couple/few days. Given their topside growth just today, Iā€™m sure the roots are doing alright. Theyā€™ll get 25ml each either tomorrow evening, or Wednesday morning.

Gonna take the hit, also, and drop a PoisonBerry seed tomorrow. Doing the soak and paper towel over a 24-36 hour period so that way, God willing it pops, I can drop it Thursday morning when I pull Suzan out. :man_shrugging:t3:

And the good night picsā€¦

BWā€¦

GDPā€¦

BB. I believe she has a slight leaf variegationā€¦

12 Likes

Do it 4 go it

2 Likes

Alright alright McConaughey. I forgot Thanksgiving was this Thursday :hocho::turkey::plate_with_cutlery::pie:. Itā€™s suppose to rain the whole day too; bummer. Iā€™m going to go ahead and cut Suzan tomorrow, so I can make room for the babies transplant in a few days.

Iā€™m running the HLG between 133.7 and 134.0, about 27" above the girls. I know this intensity is way too high, because the Photone app, over the babies, reads about 385ppfd, with roughly 23dli. It was set there to get Suzan to the finish line. She was receiving just over 800ppfd and 48dli.

Some time next week, they will be in their final homes, with their tops roughly 15-18" off the ground (rough estimate of future growth). I would like get the light adjusted to accommodate those settings a couple days before transplant. But right now, the tops are roughly 6-7" off the ground, so I need to adjust for that, until then, since Iā€™m letting Suzan stay outside til tomorrow.

@Pet_de_Chien @BobbyDigital @Underthestairs @Newt
What should I adjust the light intensity and height to so I can get the ppfd closer to 200-250 and what dli should I be looking for and how is that achieved?
Iā€™m running 18/6, and will be flipping in a little over 7 weeks, in hopes they donā€™t over crowd each other. TIA

3 Likes

I never measure light height. I set it high enough that the plants donā€™t feel the heat from the light, then simply dial the dimmer in for the desired DLI. And I generally follow this chart:

4 Likes

For energy purposes I would suggest using your photone app to lower the wattage as much as possible and drop the light down on their heads. Work that balance till you have the DLI you needā€¦ If your HLG is anything like mine when itā€™s lowered it kicks off next to no heat

4 Likes

:point_up_2: Iā€™m with those 2 strategies up aboveā€¦

2 Likes

So turn down the wattage, drop the light down low.
Got it. Will update in a few. Gotta get this coffee going.

2 Likes

Only thing is my drive is outside or my tent so Iā€™m gonna have to do a little back and forth.

2 Likes

Keep in mind, this will shorten the inter-nodal length. Always my goal, But if thats not yours, adjust and make em stretch.

4 Likes

As high as the intensity has been theyā€™re staying pretty squatty already.

4 Likes

If you just take your phone app and figure out what distance away from the light you need to be to hit a specific number all you need to do is adjust the wattage and measure distance from phone to light. Then you can just hang the light that distance above your plants

2 Likes

PPFD 260
DLI 13.5
Light height 30"

5 Likes