First time with Coco and asking for help

Ok @imSICKkid you have convinced me to do the next grow your style. Those buds are amazing. So I bought a large 15 gallon water container, air stone with pump, Jacks 20/20/20, a bunch of canna coco. So I’ve read a little and my big question for you is how often are you watering? Care to give me a simple high level, i take these steps?

Thanks man!

Hi homebotany 101 this is my first grow canna coco A+B nutrients plus additives much better than soil plants best I’ve grown. I just mix my nutrients water till about 10-20%run off thats it when pots are dry water again

the canna nutrients bring my water ph just right couldn’t be easier

2 Likes

I also use coco and when the pots start feeling light, i water. Which is usually every other day in peak flower

3 Likes

Nice looking buttons. I am in the process of drying a 5 kg brick of Mother Earth coco. First attempt with coco. I will experiment on a solo auto when the current auto finishes up.

3 Likes

That’s some dank looking sites

1 Like

FYI coco should never be allowed to dry out once in use. You should be supplementing daily to keep media damp. If allowed to dry out coco becomes hydrophilic so plant won’t see moisture.

6 Likes

Good luck with your grow just follow instructions and you should be fine canna A+B make it easy, I buy spring water which has a ph of 7 when I add nutrients it bring my water pH down to 5.9-6.1 usually 6.0 which is perfect. I know buying water waste of money but i find it much easier thank using rain or tap water the only bit of a nuisance is you have to wait a few hours after mixing before watering

1 Like

I didn’t know that but in reality there’s always some moisture left you’d have to just about leave your watering for a few days and watering every 2nd day I don’t think its an issue but thanks for the info man I’ll keep it in mind

1 Like

The jacks 321 is : 15-12-26, 15-0-0, and Epsom salt.
Is there a reason you went with the 20-20-20?

1 Like

Very good point! Mine never completely dries out.

2 Likes

I water daily regardless of moisture levels in the pots. Once the plant has 3 true sets of leaves I water to runoff every morning first thing. I’ll be interested in the Jack’s 20-20-20 because technically the 321 formula comes out to around those NPK levels. Good luck and I’ll help out with whatever I can

2 Likes

Cause I read the wrong post?? I can always return I guess. Darn it.

I’m totally cool returning and buying something else. Just didn’t know what to get. :rofl:

Also, can I go from soil in a cup to coco in a pot. Seedling transfer?

1 Like

I got lost when I went looking . They had jacks for tap water, some called it jacks hydro, but it didn’t say hydro on the bag . Etc

1 Like

Also what do you all think if watering 3-5 times a day? With automatic system obvs.

Found it now.

1 Like

@imSICKkid You think I should try one using the 20/20/20 and then add epsom?

I think you should try a plant out with just the bag itself. See how it works out. Watering 3 to 5 times a day seems a little unnecessary and kind of a waste of nutrients in my honest opinion

2 Likes

Yes you can. I do it all the time

1 Like