First time using living soil. please let me know what else i need to do

Hello again …I am going to just come out and say this dumb thing I did today. I have been having a facaca freaking time with this super silver haze. Soooo. I thought i needed to use my x ray vision to look at the root system. Welllll, vision did not work, but scissors to cut open pot did. Yup. I cut this thing out. Lol. Not a single root past about 4 inches of top. I knocked off all dirt to expose the crappy roots that were there and repotted in fresh living soil. I can reuse when this faux experiment ends with deadness. Anyhoo, just one of those daze.

4 Likes

Shallow roots happen here and there not much anyone can do about it lol

2 Likes

that sucks, she will be ok right?

1 Like

Lol. I doubt it. If she makes it, I will be shocked. I gave her some major stress. She deserved it. Kinky wench she was.

4 Likes

have faith, i let my coco go dry and whole planted wilted, but she came back, well the top half lol

2 Likes

I wish that little plants lots of luck!

3 Likes

@beachglass one of mine fell over when watering it, it should be good. water was every where, i didnt have the drip pan centered.

2 Likes

She was in rough shape. That soil all over the floor was dry as a bone and no roots at the bottom at all. She is just an obstinate b#$@h.
I will let you know if i toss her in the lake. Jk

3 Likes

lol the lake. well i hope it makes it

3 Likes

You just found your answer

Roots can’t get nutrients from dry dirt so they don’t grow into it, other than maybe a small root that is looking for moisture and will tell the plant ifit finds anything

It’s good to water to a tiny bit of runoff at least once every couple weeks just to make sure you don’t have dry spots. With a good soil mix with perlite in fabric pots it’s almost impossible to overwater , imo it’s better to water to runoff every day than to skip days

3 Likes

I wanted to come back and say this is for organic growing in living soil only. I don’t have any suggestions for synthetic nutes in soil. It’s been way to long since I did any synthetic growing

3 Likes

These are in living soil. My 4 in veg tent are looking ok. Put the saucers under as suggested. I will top dress with highway bloom a week before flip.

3 Likes

20230318_044043
ys0ecRuVOqrsaxK0PM

1 Like

Crap. WPM on 2 flowering plants!!
Now what?? I have JMS for it, but afraid to use in flower. H2O2 too acidy? Milk?
@repins12 @Drinkslinger still use JMS?
I have used it before in veg.

4 Likes

I’ve used it all the way up to a couple weeks from harvest. Look at the label. I’m not at home right now so I don’t have access to my laptop.
When using products if they have a dosage/listing for tobacco, that’s what I use :v:t3:
Gary

4 Likes

Well…I screwed up again somewhere along the line. After this grow, I’m going to quit for a bit to get some more knowledge about this hobby. 3 of the 4 girls have completely gone bright yellow all the way. The wpm is gone from what i can see. I can’t get a pic right now, but, they are YELLOW. It started with overwatering, got AC infinity self feeders, seemed to do trick. Thought yellowing was mag or potassium, added dolomite lime to sprayer and watered. I guess that was not good idea. I am so disappointed. Going back to drawing board, I did better first couple grows. Maybe going back to 2 plants next time, before I quit. No happy meme today.RQpnoDNuEa1zd7rWMs

1 Like

thats rough but dont quit growing, sometimes shit happens, you got this

1 Like

Here they are, pathetic girls who don’t want to live much longer. I am a murderer.

The better looking one is the one that I transplanted into new Sohum living soil because she really was overwatered and turned yellow. She may make it. The buds on the others are solid and sticky. Here is a pic of girls that I just flipped a few days ago. They are doing ok after you guys told me about overwatering and getting wick self feeders. We shall see if I can stop being a killer.

4 Likes

Is there a chance this is partially due to light leaks? :thinking: the first tent is a cheapy and the zipper is very light leaky. I know it’s a long shot to think it is, but I wanna try everything to make it better.

1 Like

Idk whats making them go yellow like that only thing i can think of is that the plants depleted the pots of base nutrients and light leaks will cause stress and hermies but i dont see it causing yellowing like this sorry it hasn’t worked out for you this round

2 Likes