First time using living soil. please let me know what else i need to do

Right on brother :+1::+1::+1::+1: glad you got em back on track

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hello all. My seedlings are going ok.

Here are the others in the veg tent. My first living soil. I just water about a quart every other day, but if dry on top, i spray to moisten.
I do pick up pots to see how heavy.

the leaves on 1 are getting yellow on edges. Not sure if genetics or missing something. I did use Recharge the other day.

5 Likes

Looking like a bit of over watering imo lol id cut out the spraying in between waterings let the soil have a small amount of dry back

1 Like

This is my last girl Banana Kush. She is the last one left in FFOF unless I keep screwing up the living soil. This BK has been a b%$#h since she started flower which is where i always get in trouble. What is left is crunchy leaves and crappy buds. She is sticky but smells like cat pee. :heart_eyes_cat: I am going to chop this weekend and see if i get anything worth it. Then a good tent clean to put other girls (living soil) in and see if i can learn to water. I thought they had to stay moist, but everyday they are dry about 4" down.
We shall see. :relieved:

3 Likes

Excited for your living soil. You will get it down fast. Wont take long to get the how wet does it need to be down. Good thing is if dry out can restart the life easy.

3 Likes

Can i use a drip irrigation for them? @Storm

3 Likes

I am sure you could dial 1 in. Pain in the booty unless needed. You will get a lot of looks wet comments. You pay attention to actual moistness not visual. Clumps when squeezed good. Muddy bad. Falls apart squeezed too dry.

The white fuzz is a good thing. Healthy thriving soil.

4 Likes

Also…5 gallon or better works best. Bigger the pot…better the life.

3 Likes

A mulch layer or a thick cover crop will help with that :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

I am taking a page from @MeEasy . I have been placing pruning in pot. Adding biomass and returning nutrients to soil. Also helps retain moisture. Havent seen a downside YET.

4 Likes

Hello once again growers of great goodness.
Welp, I did what i was supposed to do. Yesterday, no water, no spraying on top to moisten. I was worried, so up at 3:30 am to check. Very light. Gave 1/4 gallon to each. Still not as heavy when i water others, no runoff. This might not be my forte. I guess I am one of those that like to keep watered. Time will tell. The were just flipped to flower 3 days ago.

I really wanna make this living soil live. I think someone said to top dress at 3 weeks with highway bloom dry ?? Or do i try to mix in gallon of water?
20221026_151734

2 Likes

Most definitely top dress every 3 weeks work it into the top inch of soil then put some more soil over the top or worm castings then water it in good

1 Like

Sorry i should be more specific lol after top dressing put a .5in-1in layer of either worm castings, soil or some other compost ontop then water it in the compost or soil ontop helps keep those amendments danp so they break down easier

1 Like

Thank you again. I will do this in 7 more days since i did it a week before flip.

1 Like

Got up to 3 of 4 plants sad and droopy. Watered w2ith 1/4 ]gal each. Waking up now after 40 min. Have lights on full. PPFE ABOUT 920. Temp up to 83⁰ rh 45%. When i get to flower, that’s when they start going down hill. Flipped 2/10. First 2 pics are the girls that were flipped.

This is pic of girls in veg tent with living soil.

4 Likes

I forgot to mention i rop dressed them with bloom, covered with worm castings and straw. Watered.

3 Likes

They are looking good!! how much are you watering and how often tho??

1 Like

Not sure about the nute line but if has dry microbes then a couple tblspn base or bloom in 1 gal water. Shake well…use immediatly. This will restart or boost the life. Dry microbes die off in water pretty quick after activated… They need soil to live. If that living soil goes dry they die. Always moist. Always.

4 Likes

Hi. I water ever other day about 1/4 gal.

F430B9CE-4D56-43E7-9778-C89E4397B63C

2 Likes