First Time Grower with Slowness issues.... or impatient?

Couple of hopefully quick questions…

1. While the Super Lemon Haze and the Purple Kush plants are all showing pistols and bud formation, both of the Gold Leaf plant seem to still be in Veg… Lol, are these autos just late for the party? Or is it possible that I got Photo period seeds? I swear they said they were Autos and Feminized when I bought them.

2. For the four plants that are starting to flower and bud, what am I supposed to be watching out for.? Do you think they’re still healthy? Is my “LST” a bit overboard? Is that why they’re short?

Points to make aware:

1. My pH water has been in the 5.6-6.2 range from the beginning, except for one screw up when they jumped to about 7.2,but got them down quickly.
  2. I last fed them long term nutes on July 4th weekend, but they get Silica Blast and Cal-mag in their rainwater daily.
  3. I see no evidence of bug except for some gnats that I kill now and then. No webs or anything that looks like bites or anything.
  4. I don’t have enough Amps for running an air conditioner. Tried that and popping the circuit breaker. The temps are in the 80s,but under the light, high 80s. Many fans running.

I mean, they’re green. No deficiency I can see. I hope I’m just being super impatient. They’re just short… Lol😏

1 Like

@OhioIndoorGrower so let’s make a cross and call it oHIGHo’s Impatiens-it’ll sell like mad on the name alone!!

1 Like

‘oHIGHo’s Super Impatiens’

1 Like

Lmfao, @Fieldofdreams, so I am just expecting too much too fast, gotcha! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@OhioIndoorGrower I’m just playing because I like you. I’m no different.

2 Likes

Haha, thanks, @Fieldofdreams, I appreciate all your help and guidance. Coming from the Reddit world, this place is so much kinder and nicer to everyone. It’s so nice to have a place where everyone is cool and wanting the same end goal (great homegrown bud).

2 Likes

Quick update. The light meter arrived today. So, I think I got the DLI dialed in now. The older girls are now set at 25 DLI and the younger ones are at about 19.5.

1 Like

@OhioIndoorGrower #TeamILGMgrow
We work towards collective success here. We’re all Cannadicts lol!!

1 Like

Cooking up an organic tea today. It’s comprised of all of the same nutes that I used in the original soil mixture, but much smaller quantities. The theory is that I use the lowest recommended on each product, combined the total in a cheese cloth, then tie it closed and insert the air stones. It’s been brewing since about 2pm and it smells something special, that’s for sure. I’ll update exactly what I did a bit later.

Okay, this post will Have a lot of detail, so buckle up! FYI, I took all thethe pictures for this post yesterday.

These are the new girls for cycle 3. Same three Strains that I have been doing since the start. Purple Kush, Gold Leaf, and Super Lemon Haze. All feminized autoflower from ILGM. Com.

I don’t know how or why, but both of the Gold Leaf plants started out with some really funky leaves. I’m going to let them go and see what happens.

And here are the 6 original plants I started

One thing to note is that the two Gold Leaf plants are only now starting to show pistols and are both really bushy. The Super Lemon Haze are nearly identically small, entered flower weeks ago, and are starting to show bud formation. And for the Purple Kush, those two are wildly different. One is by far the biggest one in the tent, and the other is nearly the smallest in the same tent. Both entered flower weeks ago, and are putting on some mass.

The next thing I did was to pH everything. I checked all of the plants and they were around 5.8-6.2, with one at 5.6 and another at 6.6. Ironically, the highest pH is the Purple Kush, which is the smallest girl in the tent. The one that was 6.6 was one of the SLH plants. Which doesn’t help explain anything about why they are such smaller plants.

I was surprised to see that the pH of this organic tea brew was so low. I am interested to see how the plants reach to that.

My normal rainwater bucket:

Next, I got out the new LUX meter and got these lights dialed in.

I plugged in these numbers to get the PPFD and then the DLI. I’m setup for a 20/4 schedule, but plan on gradually bringing them back to 16/8 as they finish. It’ll be a gradual shift over a couple of weeks, and I’m update the height of the light, as well as the intensity to keep the DLI dialed in. This is the chart that I’m basing my theory on…

Here were the calculations:

Here is what the tea looked like last night around bed time.

If anyone has any questions, comments or whatever, feel free to let me know!

1 Like

Forgot to mention the ingredients in the tea! I got a cheese cloth bag and put 3 Tbsp of each, Alfalfa Meal, Bat Guano, and Kelp Meal, all from the company, “Down to Earth”, which is a great company. I also added 2 Cups of Worm castings, 1.5 Tbsp Silica Blast, 2 Tbsp of Cal-mag, and 3 gallons of rainwater.

I put this together yesterday early afternoon, and am leaving the air stones in there until I water these girls tonight with the contents. I’ll also use the contents of the bag evenly across all of the plants as a top dressing. This week is supposed to get into the 90s, so they’re going to need water.

That is EPIC A real peice of art

1 Like

Turn it on lol

1 Like

@Gronasbros Thank you. She packs a wallop too. Had a session with her on Sat and she had me lite the hells up lol! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just wanted to post a quick update. Girls seem to be doing really well. They took the organic tea really well. Been watering daily. Everything is staying within normal limits.

3 Likes

Beautiful brother :pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, fellow Growmie :smiley_cat: It’s been an amazing ride this last 2 months, LOL!

Your girls are looking great, too, @Se7en ! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Thanks brother !!! Getting closer every day

1 Like

Finally got the digital microscope setup today. This thing is freaking cool, man. Seriously. Really nice picture, as long as I can stop the fans from blowing things around and if I can steady my hand for 3 seconds while I snap a picture with the software.

I noticed some Trichs starting to form on a few of the plants so I’m playing around with this trying to figure out when will be the best to harvest. From what I’ve seen others say on this forum, it seems like they need to go from crystal clear to cloudy and then to an amber tint? Is that right? Feel like I’ve seen people say that when it’s about 25-33% amber is when you give the plant the chop? If anyone has a chance to take a look I would SERIOUSLY appreciate that!

In the meantime, I’ll try to get some better, clearer pics!

2 Likes

Make sure you are checking the buds not the sugar leaves!
Here’s a picture guide that I see others post on here.

1 Like