First seeds from ilgm

How often do you guys recalibrate your ph meter?

Depending on the meter, it’s good practice to calibrate every week or two :v::bear:

1 Like

So how do you calibrate it so often? Is there something that I should buy? it only came with one pack of three different ph levels to use

Are they the powdered ph solutions that come in packets or liquid? There should have been instructions that came with your meter on how to properly calibrate it

1 Like

It was powder and I did it properly I believe but that was like two months ago

I’d check on Amazon for replacement ph solution so you can calibrate every couple weeks

1 Like

Ok thanks. I have a question about the ph of my soil. I’m using happy frog and ocean forest…i have a hard time working on getting the ph level down it stays at 7.0 is that conmen with soil that has added nutes? I do get it down but toward the end of flowering which isn’t as useful as 6.4ish where I would like to be

I’d keep the ph of your feed and waters at 6.4-5 and if the runoff comes out higher than 7, I’d do a flush until the runoff numbers are between 6.3-6.8

1 Like

Got it. What should run off ppm be around?

What stage are your plants in now? Is the pic above current?

That pic was 8 days ago then I topped them right after taking that picture.

How long do you think the nutes that come with the soil are beneficial for? Should I assume they are all used up by now and increase my feeding schedule?

They’re usually good for 4-6 weeks.

1 Like

How long after you flip the light to 12’s does it take before you count the plants first week of flower…on average

After the flip, when you first start seeing pistils is when I count day one of flower

3 Likes

Let’s say you weren’t paying attention and can’t go by that, in your experience what’s about average… 2 weeks or is it usually more or less?

Not trying to hijack a thread but speaking on @MattyBears comment so would the first day of seeing pistils be the same way to count the start of flowering for autos too ?

With autos, you wanna wait until all bud sites are showing pistils, not just a few here and there. Also, you want to continue to feed veg nutes to autos from when they show pistils up until they stop their flower stretch. If you introduce Bloom nutes too early, you will stunt your plant. :v::bear:

3 Likes

Yeah there about. Most my plants show sex before I flip, so the day of the flip and flower are the same for me… most of the time. :wink::v::bear:

1 Like