First indoor grow using my tomato set up

28 days. It is difficult getting good images due to the board blocking the plants. The board was initially installed to block my view of the lights while watching TV. Now it has come in handy for mounting side lights.

The topped plant started showing white pistils about six days ago shortly after it was topped. This plant seems to have a better shape for my growing conditions. Its canopy is more even than the untopped plant. There are six colas almost the same height. I have used side lights on both plants to encourage interior colas to extend upward.

The two plants had different growth habits from the beginning.

The top growth on this topped plant did slow down. But I don’t think the overall growth was significantly affected except for the earlier onset of pistils. The plant seemed to direct its growth to the lower interior colas.

The untopped plant is also showing white pistils but lags the topped plant by several days (four days?).

Today I received 20 Girl Scout Cookie Extreme auto seeds from ILGM. I already have plenty of White Widows remaining but wanted to try some others. When the time is right I will start a Girl Scout Cookie seed to replace one of the Widows.

1 Like

5 week update. I haven’t seen much change in the past week. I topped the first plant at 30 days. It looked like it would get too tall for my growing space.

I was running out of drying space for the outdoor grown Super Skunk photo ILGM so I hung some in my indoor growing space.

I replaced several smaller bulbs with 30 watt bulbs. My kill-a-watt meter tells me they are actually 24 watt bulbs.

Some of the images do not have good focus. I didn’t retake them because there is not much to see.

1 Like