First indoor grow , and journal

Another polyploid ? That’s insane :flushed:

I have to get the rundown on that cloner bro. What else do I have to get along with the cloner? Where did you get it at? I wanna give it a shot. :grimacing::joy:

1 Like

@Graysin is gonna be stoked to see that man! :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely am! :v::fire::100:

1 Like

@The_Chef so i bought the clone king 36 on ebay for about $100 then all you gotta get besides that is some clonex cloning solution, and some ez clone clear rez.

When you get the cloner fill it up with water (tap water is fine) just below the spray nozzles (it holds about 3 gal of water). Then you add 30ml of clear rez (this will help keep everything clean and the bad bacteria away) . Then you also add 60ml of clonex cloning solution (label instructions say 5-10ml per liter so i go with 20ml per gallon) and that will be the nutrients the clones will feed off of. And then adjust the PH to 5.6-5.8 (i go with 5.8) and then the machine is ready for your cuttings. Then i add 20ml of clear rez after 5 days. (Repeat every 5 days until they are done) and thats all there is to it.

I took all my cuttings and put them into the cloner on june 1st, here we are 13 days later and they are all pretty much ready to be transferred into whatever medium you choose . Its awesome cause theres no having to constantly spray your cuttings or having to stay on top of keeping cubes moist or any of that stuff . Its more or less just set it and forget it (other than adding that 20ml of clear rez every 5 days until finished) lol but still with the amount of rooting i already have on my clones it would have taken me 3 weeks + to get to the point that these clones are at that are in the clone king. So it definitely works very fast and its looking like i have a 100% success rate , which i have never had before lol.

Its definitely something i would HIGHLY recommend. The opportunities it opens up by cutting the amount of time it takes to root clones , and just the ease of the whole process pays for itself after its first use lol. I will definitely never be turning back to the old ways haha.

2 Likes

@Graysin well thanks again my friend! Will definitely make sure i keep you posted on her progress as time goes on !!!

2 Likes

Girls are looking good

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 thanks brotha !! Appreciate the love !! I would have to agree they are doing exceptionally well!

2 Likes

And yes @The_Chef !!! Another one!! What are the chances i get another polyploid?! On 2 different plants that are 2 different strains within the last 2 consecutive grows! Lol maybe i should buy a lottery ticket haha

2 Likes

Definitely a lottery ticket brother. Stay away from ebay auctions :rofl::rofl::rofl:JK :pray:

Appreciate the info my friend! I’m gonna grab all the stuff you mentioned for clones and report back when in hand. I wanna make sure I get it right. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@The_Chef sounds good my friend! I expect to hear back once all the ingredients arrive :sunglasses:

Woot has the 128 cell cloner on clearance right now. It’s a bit much for my uses plus I built one last fall or sometime back and I got roots with my first attempt even though I wasn’t using “regulation” items in the water! Didn’t help I had to move my entire operation mid-way through the attempt.

I’m sure for some of you guys 128 cells still wouldn’t be enough! LOL!
I’ll make plenty with my home grown unit I’m sure.
Costs like $50 bucks or so. :laughing:

This is the CloneX solution that you need -

The gel won’t work effectively in the water though it doesn’t hurt to treat the cuts with it before starting the cloner.
Well, it WILL work, but it’s not really designed for use in water. I used the gel in the water in my attempt and started getting roots at like 11 days I think, but I was never able to get the Ethos Cookies to root in 2 different attempts with 2 different methods. Some are really difficult to clone too, so there’s that.

This is the clear rez you need to keep the bacteria at bay. I guess it’s the same shit you use in hydro systems.

I won’t be using Clear Rez in my next attempt. I bought powdered HTH Pool Shock and will be mixing my own solution.
I’ve got the formula somewhere for mixing and using it a gallon at a time. It’s the same stuff as Clear Rez but a ton cheaper. That 1lb bag will last years and years and years - for the amount of cloning I’ll be doing at least. LOL!
It’s literally a few grams per gallon much like Jacks.

I might fire up the cloner in a couple of weeks for another experiment actually. I finally trimmed up the ladies Saturday night and cut a god awful amount of clone-worthy shoots off all the girls but I saved a bag of the Crescendo X Grandpas Stash for an attempt. I’m really drawn to that plant! LOL!
This actually gonna be a total experiment as I bagged them up in a ziploc gallon baggie and stashed them in the high humidity drawer in the SubZero. I’ve read, and I think @Hellraiser mentions in his write-up that you can stall them for a week or two in the fridge, but NOT the freezer!
I got them bagged up and stashed away before any wilting or anything so :crossed_fingers:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

@Flipdawg08 - I took my 3 Dark Phoenix cuts out onto the porch this morning and started hardening them off for the outdoor grow. Only 1 was officially showing roots but the other 2 weren’t looking any worse than that one so I’m thinking there’s roots in there somewhere. They have been a total experiment and started in a cup of water for like 3 weeks before I just stuck them in cups of Mother Earth coco/peat and sat them in the solarium for like a month just kinda ignoring them.
I’m not looking for any more plants really, but it’s just so hard to toss a good cut. LOL!
Although I did manage to do it Saturday since I probably had a total of 200 clonable cuts I tossed onto the compost heap.
Maybe when the grow operations get set up here I’ll try to get a job as a cloner. It’s great fun creating life from something that otherwise would die.

Everything looking good in there man!

I actually just started an Ethos Haze auto this weekend myself. She just hit the cup today so I should be seeing some green in a day or two. The Citradelic Sunset finally took off growing so I figured I’d give her a companion to grow up with! LOL!
That Sunset did NOT like that cactus soil and now in last years Happy Frog on the porch she’s looking pretty good! LOL!
Gonna be watering like hell out there this week with our sudden summer temps. LOL!
Gonna mix up in the morning and let them enjoy some good old Fox Farm nutes!
I gotta get rid of that shit and it’s too expensive to just toss out! They seemed to like it last week but I am only mixing half-strength atm…

Happy Growing Everyone!!!

3 Likes

Alrighty, so today was a very busy day for me. I did a thing. Lol.

Now you see it …

Now you dont …

Lol. So lately ive been getting impatient waiting for the gold leafs to get closer to harvest so that i can flip the large GDP plant i had in the 4x5 and start to pot my clones so i decided instead of waiting why not just throw the big ol girl outside with my other 2 GDP plants.

So today consisted of me putting her outside , building another 5x5 scrog net and framing , potting her up from the 5 gal bag she was in into a 25 gal bag then dropping her new net and framing over her.

She is now a part of the outdoor family .

And then on another note , look at this!!! It is 2 weeks today that these clones have been in the cloner and they are ridiculously rooted like ive never seen before in this short amount of time.

And lastly just a quick update on how the plants /clones in the 4x5 are looking now that they have room to grow

3 Likes

Those roots are sexy

1 Like

loving the outdoor scrog :+1: :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 aren’t they !? Lol i think its like the coolest thing ever seeing how crazy they went after getting put in the cloner

1 Like

@NUG61 thanks bro :metal: its the first time ive done a scrog anywhere besides indoors in my tents lol so its definitely a little bit different than im used to . But still im absolutely loving how those 5x5 frames ended up coming out . They work very well. Im expecting and aiming to get as close as i can to 10 pounds off of the 3 outdoor ladies which i think is very do-able considering the size they are already lol

1 Like

So today was another busy one, i ended up taking all the clones out of the cloner and potted them in 1 gal bags and solo cups , it took forever lol.

6 Likes

Had to post over a few posts cause all the pics were glitching the site.

But now the 4x5 got rearranged to suite all the plants…

3 Likes

And also got a few pics of the 4x4 gold leaf tent

Day 38 of flower…

6 Likes