First grow in 25+ years. THC!(Things Have Changed!)

So I wasn’t too thrilled with how the plant was growing and after looking at what I bent over I realized I hadn’t really bent anything. I mostly just laid the entire plant on it’s side. So I decided to try and undo that and release the ties. She started to stand back after an hour or so. That’s when I decided to cut the top 2 new leaves out. Not sure if i fimmed or topped. Are they the same thing?

The 2 leaves with the quarter (for size comparison) is all I cut out. Tried to cut as low as I could. I hope to have a better idea where I’m going with this in next couple days. I’m guessing I should end up with 2 tops in a day or so, is that right? Right now I think more videos and pictures. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hey there, when topping you don’t have to go super low, that little piece will pretty much disappear later on. When you cut really low it does look nice but you risk hitting the baby leaves. And yes it’ll get 2 tops. Looking good!

3 Likes

Also when you are training a plant, or bending it over, you need another wire or support on the base of the stem to keep the plant from laying down. IE

3 Likes

The opposite anchor point is what I was missing. The more I looked at it the more it didn’t look right and the more my anxiety grew. Til I finally just untied her and we could both breath again lol. I’m gonna give her a day or so and have another go at it. Thanks @Low :v:

1 Like

Absolutely! Also when your experimenting with something your not familiar with it’s always good to run another plant that you can do whatever you want to, that way you have hands on vs everyone telling you how to do it. No matter what you’ll still yield. :slight_smile: the best methods are the ones you are the most comfortable with.

1 Like

You’re a mind reader.
I already am wishing I started with a bigger tent and 2 plants. Lol

2 Likes

@OldGypsy

I think you can get away with 2 autos in a 2x2. I hope I can. Lol. But that all depends on the totally random genetics per seed. Could always chop the least healthy when you run out of room and use for mild edibles. :man_shrugging:

That’s why I started 2. I didn’t really know anything about autos. Wasn’t a thing. And the one I abused is actually the one that’s healthy. The mutant is barely growing. Lol.

It’s all fun either way. Curb the anxiety. :slight_smile: don’t go into grows with an expectation… unless your a supplier, that’s a whole different subject.

3 Likes

You have a short window for autos to recover.

3 Likes

This is subjective.

3 Likes

As fast as she’s growing and as young as she is , I’m betting she barely misses a beat. We’ll see in a day or two.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey buddy. So the point of the twizzling (as I call it) is actually to avoid snapping. And I was scared of doing it at first too but now that I do it, I don’t know why I didn’t do it before.
I only run Autos and have avoided doing any fimming or topping, because I want every last little bit of growth those ladies can give me. IMO that’s best left to the Photos who have the time to recover and can get to the shape and size the grower desires before they begin flowering - but each to their own.

When I started LST on my first couple of plants I thought I was going to do the Around the World/Circle of Life LST style but it soon became apparent that I ran out of time before they went into flower, so I’ve now changed to Chaotic LST style (which isn’t all that chaotic at all of you look at what I do) which is basically following what you can see I’ve done with the White Widow in my above pic.

Bend the plant over and start training the side shoots out to the various sides of the pot so that they end up totally covering the surface of the pot. I make sure I get all my training completed before they come into flower, which for me is an average of only 43 days old, because usually right after they begin to flower they stretch hard and fast in my tent (depending on strain of course). The below pic is the same White Widow plant (the one in front centre of pic) at only I think 4 days into flower. See how she’s stretching up like her sister behind her?

o

8 Likes

I would guess you have a good two weeks of veg left before flowering.

Give or take

3 Likes

Day 17
1 hour after lights on, Esmeralda is looking bushy this morning not seeming to mind the beginning of a failed Lst and a haircut.
I ran my exhaust last night, for some reason humidity shot up to 90% during lights out the night before last. She’s in the basement and it’s been cold in these mountains, below freezing last 2 nights. My temperature suffers a little with lights out and exhaust on but not too bad. Last nights low in the tent was 66f / 48%rh. My fox farms nutes will be here tomorrow I think I’ll probably start on a week 3 at 1/4 strength nutes and slowly bump it up. She’s in Ocean Forest but has shown zero signs of nute burn from seed to this point. Only thing I’ve given her is CalMag and Rhizotonic so far with ph between 6.3 and 6.5 every other watering.

6 Likes

Day 18
Fox Farms Trio nutes came yesterday. They were purchased Saturday am and arrived yesterday (Wednesday). Not bad for next day priority mail lmao…CF hydroponics only has 1 shipping option $10 priority…wtf?
Anyways, dosen’t matter. Thought it would be a good idea to see what was going on in the soil before I start jamming food down her throat. I watered to run off.
10cups in at 385ppm(tap water) ph6.3.
1.5 cups out at 2775ppm ph6.2
I think she definitely does not need any food yet. I’d like to get my ph up just a tad to 6.3-6.5 But overall so far she seems pretty happy.
And yeah, it’s nice to get the feel of the weight of a wet pot for the first time. Will help with judging when to water.:slightly_smiling_face::v:

6 Likes

Looking good. Good job checking run off. I like it

I should start a shipping business.
I tried that FF grow big once before on a different grow and I swear over night
That sucker grew
Inches

2 Likes

Thanks man. That’s where the money is at apparently. It only had to go a few hundred miles and took 4 1\2 days to get here. Priority my A$$$.
Gonna hold the food for at least a couple days. She got a good dose of CalMag couple days ago. My CalMag is 2-0-0 so a little nitrogen there. She got bushy since watering this morning, must have been a little thirsty. I shut my exhaust off for a little while to get my temp up. When I unzipped the door to peek in and check…holy weed smell! Is it normal to have that smell at less than 3 weeks?

3 Likes

Looks good Gypsy she is filling out nice. I actually have a pot waiting for a plant that I used for dry weight feel to compare to. Amazed how fast they guzzle up the water. Keep doin she looks good.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. And guzzle the water is right. Been about 10 hrs since I watered her and she’s already lightening up a little. Nothing in my catch pan so she’s drinking and the fabric pot probably helping with some evaporation.

2 Likes

LOL so much for priority shipping. They prioritize on money first. Yes as far as the aroma. Smells good ,just wait till flower lol

Sticky Icky got to love it.

3 Likes

Day 19
She really liked the last watering and haircut, she’s bushy af and growing 4 tops

4 Likes