First grow in 25+ years. THC!(Things Have Changed!)

Well not even 6 hours after pinning her down a little she blocked the 2 lower branches from the light. I’m glad I checked on her as I had mistakenly put the pin over a growth site. Well I removed the pin and put it below that branch and pushed her down even farther. Had to scoot some dirt around to make room so the leaves weren’t touching it. I’m done torturing her for the day. Gonna quit before I break something. :slightly_smiling_face::v:

3 Likes

I’d clip any leaves hitting the dirt, if there are any. You could chop that fan leaf that’s blocking the light, but you don’t have to. They will still grow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy moly, Gypsy!

Oh she’s looking absolutely stunning and growing at a rate that is absolutely amazing! The Foxfarm trio is what I tend to use and the results have been pretty amazing so far. I am juuuuuuuust about to flip from using the Grow Big to the Tiger Bloom formula to see if there are any deficiencies I need to shore up. Beyond that, your lil’ girl is growing up into quite the enchantress!

2 Likes

Thanks @Low @MedicineStickMan. No leaves touching yet bout a 1/4 inch off of the dirt. I hate to cut that fan leaf maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to tuck it or something. She’s getting a break tonight though, I got my timer set up and she’s getting 6 hours of dark starting at 11. She’s been getting 24hrs a day since day 1. I Will be running 18/6 for the remainder of the grow.

1 Like

Have you looked into DLI? It can change everything. Thanks to @Nicky i was able to dial in my lights to the perfect parameters. While conserving power.

Happy growing!

2 Likes

Yes I downloaded the phone app last week when I saw one of @Nicky 's posts. Using the 18hr and the right selection for my light spectrum here’s what I got at top of canopy.

3 Likes

I’m so proud of you both!

2 Likes

Im Lol​:v::joy::v:

2 Likes

Really cool. :slight_smile: thanks @Nicky

1 Like

What’s DLI?

What is DLI?

Daily light integral, referred to as DLI, is the amount of photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) received each day as a function of light intensity and duration. It is expressed in terms of moles of light per square meter per day, or mol·m-2·d-1. This metric is important to measure since the amount of light your plants get in a day relates directly to plant growth, development, yield, and crop quality.

3 Likes

Nice work! I don’t get too fussed if my leaves touch the dirt but I also twizzle and twist the branches as well thanks to Arrow’s teachings. This keeps the new branches coming out the sides and not facing into the soil

3 Likes

Now that rings a bell. Thank you.

She looks great Gypsy looks happy and healthy. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks guys! @anon33684698 what do you mean by twizzle and twist?

1 Like

Day 16
She got 6 hrs dark last night. She woke up to some Rhizotonic and CalMag water @6.35 ph. A little more Lst and I tucked 2 of her fan leaves to expose some of the lower growth. She looks a little pitiful I must say with tucked leaves and being all pinned down. If anything like yesterday, by lunch time she’ll be unrecognizable again.

2 Likes

So I used to do what I can see you’re doing, just pulling the plant over. That was until I didn’t anchor a stem well enough and she grew so vigorously, she clean snapped her own branch by growing /pushing past my tie.
Lol when I say twizzle the stem I mean take the stem between your forefinger and thumb and roll the stem until you can feel the interior fibres break, THEN do your bend.
The twisting I’m referring to is literally twisting the stem around (see the spiral marks on my stem?) to bring each new set of growth nodes around to be on the horizontal plane, as opposed to one sticking up in the air and the other stuck in the dirt.

By doing this, you get so many more “tops” which grow more or less evenly with each other and will each produce a nice day cola for you. Here is another plant I’ve done recently. Note the spirals on the stem and that the shoots are all coming out the sides

5 Likes

@anon33684698 The last thing I want to do is snap something, I have zero hands on experience with bending and such and only one half ass grow in the past 3 decades. My tent is only 55" tall and nearly everything I read about the nla’s is keep it tied down or you’ll run out of room in that small of tent. So yeah I have no real plan of attack aside from keeping her low and exposing as many growth spots that I can. I see what you mean twisting the stem until new growth is horizontal. How do you get the twist to stay? Is this all at once or do you twist a little at a time?
I pulled the metal pin I put in yesterday hoping to avoid any damage. Really kind of confused where I’m going next. Do I train it around in a circle? Is that possible or would it lead to something breaking. I hate to ask so many questions. I’ve watched some videos on lst seems everyone has a little different approach leaving me confused?

3 Likes

It’s hard to judge how much training you’ll actually be able to do. Depends on genetics, sometimes you have time sometimes you don’t. I’d try to get the bulk of your lst done before flowering. It can still be done in flowering but the stems harden and you are more likely to snap something. Which actually isn’t a bad thing if you know anything about super cropping, but doesn’t always work well for autos… from what I’ve read any way.

The whole point of lst is get light to the lower sections. Depending on the growth, you could be adjusting every other day or once a week.

If you are doing an aggressive bend do it over the course of a couple days. So the plant has time to heal/adjust.

One of my autos took all the abuse I could throw at her, while the other is so slow I tied down once.

2 Likes

I think this is what bStarr is referring

3 Likes