First Grow Ever!

Hey guys! I’m new here. Hope everyone is having a fantastic new year so far. I’m doing a small closet grow. I have two Critical purples autos in my EZ grow I got from Dealerz. They are in the first week of Early Veg. Any advice would be awesome! I started a low low dose of nutes yesterday, and also did my first drain & fill. I added 2ml of hydroguard, 2ml of micro & grow, & then just 1ml bloom. They seem to be pretty healthy. I’ve literally read forums for about 2 months every day. Little background on myself, I co own a lawn & landscape company here in the great state of TN, near the Memphis area. So for down time, since winter months are slow in my department of work, I decided I wanted to grow my own cannabis. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder 5 years ago, and it’s been an uphill battle to say the least. I’ve been professionally medicated for the last 5 years, but cannabis has always helped me turn my brain/thoughts off. Any information on certain strains that you guys think I should grow for specific bipolar disorder. I chose an auto because they said it was easier to grow. Any advice would help. Bless all! Stay strong!

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!
I know nothing about hydro so hopefully those guys will pop in soon, but cool looking system and Best of Luck with your grow!!

4 Likes

Welcome to our community. You found the spot where just ask away and some very good growers here. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you my friend! :seedling::bat:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend! :seedling:

3 Likes

not a hydro guy so all I can do is welcome you

3 Likes

Thank you my friend :metal:t2:

1 Like

@Awarth32 , welcome to ILGM, good luck

3 Likes

My niece and her family just moved back to Nashville. His job carries them all over but they really wanted to get back to Tennessee.

Maybe @Graysin can offer some help here.
If we can divert his attention from trying to corner the seed market, that is! :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

I was just in Nashville , Sunday for the Titans game. It’s a great city @Tylersays! I’m originally from the Knoxville area, been in Memphis for 9 months. Came out here to invest in my buddies landscape company.

Haha that would be awesome! All i go by is from the forums! They have been a tremendous help! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you, my friend! :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you added hydroguard first, your microbes probably died when the liquid nutes hit the water.

Always mix silica → other nutes → ph (up/down as needed) then → microbes (HydroGuard, Orca, Tribus, Fish Sh!t, Recharge, etc).

My mother in law battles bipolar. She swears up and down that Cinderella 99 and White Widow are her two best strains to keep her up and moving when she doesn’t want to, but keep her mellowed enough to not go overboard.

Autos are easy because they’ll do what they want when they want. They are hard because if you screw it up, they don’t have time to recover before their internal timer makes them flower out anyway. No big deal and honestly I will always run at least one auto with everything I do. The internal timer is invaluable for me - ADD has me incapable of remembering how long something has been vegging.

Close up photos of your ladies would be helpful. But I can guarantee you need to get yourself situated in a larger container - your plants will outgrow that box and tip over in about 3 weeks by the looks of them now.

Also as a personal bias note, ditch the mars hydro light.

What nute line is this?

Also let me know what you have for a PH meter and a ppm meter - hopefully we can steer you the right direction for reliable equipment before it’s too late :joy:

Here’s a taste of what hydro can do for you though:

PS ignore the ugly color on my roots, they’re discolored from molasses.

7 Likes

Welcome! @Graysin threw a lot of great info!!! Happy New year and happy growing!!!

4 Likes

@Graysin laying down the knowledge :muscle::fire:

Without knowing exactly what you need help with I will just say, PH should be 5.8, the order of mixing is important as @Graysin explained.

In hydro keep a close eye on your PH

5 Likes

@Graysin im sorry for the late response, my apologies. The forum wouldn’t let me respond for 22 hours, since I’m a newbie. I took your advice & ordered 2 5 gallon buckets for hydro growing. I do have a ph & ec meter, also with ph up & ph down solution. The nutes I’m using is advanced nutrients. I also ordered sensi cal/mag. My budget is tight, so that light will have to do for now. I will purchase what you suggest when I can. Main question is nutrient feeding, is that just every drain & fill? That’s my understating. Also I know to just go upon slightly each week, but in flower really feed them. When is a good transition period for the five gallon buckets? They will be here Friday. Thank you so much my friend. Here are some photos of my girls.

5 Likes

The buckets I got. Okay sorry, I’ll leave everyone be now. Haha.

4 Likes

Those are where I started, too. They work fine for what they are. I still use them. I modified 4 of them rather heavily to have a water chiller and water pump but that’s a separate story.

As far as everything else, general rules:
Ph in hydro = 5.8 (it can vary 0.2 in either direction as your plants eat, so try to check it and correct it once every couple days).
PPMs ~ 500-700 for early veg. 700-1100 for late veg. 900-1300 for flowering. That’s general. Every plant has different nutrient needs, so you may need to feed heavier or lighter as you see them change.

When to put them in the buckets? Once the plant starts trying to tip over on you. Or once you get the buckets. Up to you.

5 Likes

Thank you @Graysin. I will take all of that into play. You’ve been a great help. I’ll post pictures as I go along.

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ll be watching. I try to keep my mouth shut if people are on the right track. :rofl:

1 Like

@Graysin oh I’m sure I’ll get thrown off the path a few times my friend! :rofl: one last thing, a light you recommend when I get the funds? Shouldn’t be long.

1 Like