FF Trio for first grow?

Lmao im good with it though may learn something along the sail…

3 Likes

I use FF trio plus CalMag myself. All the info you have received thus far is great. The “water to 20% run off” that OG told you is KEY. Once I started doing that it was smooth sailing from there. Also. A wise person once told me that FF is in the business of selling fertilizer, so their nutrient chart will reflect that. I use half the recommended nutes on the chart and get awesome results. I have even heard some guys recommend to use a quarter but half works great for me.
Welcome, my brotha.
Also? Last thing. In MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION. Leave those autos behind you and move on to photoperiod at some point. You’ll never look back.
Cheers.

Shock

4 Likes

With foxfarm soil you shouldn’t have to feed for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks check runoffs if below 1000 ppms start feeding.

1 Like

2 types of flushing. One for harvest and one to correct root zone issues. Issue flushing will require 3 times your pot size in PHd water. I only flush as a last resort because it’s a PITA. Consistently watering or feeding to a minimum of 20% run off helps prevent this. What’s your run off numbers at the moment? :love_you_gesture: if you decide to flush check the numbers 1/2 way through the flush. You’re looking for a PH of 6.5 but 6.3-6.8 will put you in the range and if the PPMs are less than 1000 adjust your your nutrients to hit 1000-1200 for soil :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Only at 8 days or so. Just soaking up knowledge while they grow. Not even sure when to water enough to check runoff to tell you the truth. Have to go back through all the threads. Feel like im back at school but actually trying to get an A this time.

2 Likes

I generally start run off around when the 4th node is showing :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@Coco27 i was just scrolling thru and happen to see ur comment about the heat and i can relate i have to water every day just about becauze of the heat… i have 3 plants i started from seed on may 6 and I started with foxfarm trio…it works great i follow the directions on the bottle and simple as can be no mixing or adding just pour the required amount in water ,i did end up needing cal-mag so i use that as well i have had pretty good results . Here in the deep south close to (Galveston) the heat is plum ridiculous it is so hot and humid …this is my 1st grow and i will be doing alot different next year but as far as nutes, and soil if u r looking for simple and easy imo foxfarm trio is the way to go

Purple haze

Grand daddy purple

So how do i water till runoff without over watering? Probably a stupid question, just everywhere i look warms of over watering…or do they mean watering day after day without breaks? Fine to water till you get runoff as long as you give her time to dry a bit before watering again?

1 Like

Soil mediums like a wet to dry cycle versus coco daily. For soil on watering or feed days the 20% running out the bottom let’s you know you’ve fed or watered enough, let that hit the dry cycle and repeat alternating feed and watering cycles. Testing run off each time so you’ll know how much to feed, sometimes can be back to back watering cycles. All depends on the run off results :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Over watering will be more about frequency rather than volume. You’ll want to water to 20 percent runoff EVERYTIME to prevent salt (nute) buildup. I use FF trio too but I didn’t want to have to flush so I only mixed my nutes to 1000-1400 ppm. Make sure to watch your runoff numbers and let the pots dry mostly before watering again.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: nailed it :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@Moms_little_budmaker Your plants are beautiful. About the same age as mine but yours are much bigger. I did have a problem with nutrient burn earlier but we are on track once again. I live outside of New Orleans and you are so right about the heat and humidity. It appears you have some in preflower. I don’t totally understand, you’re growing outdoors and the night hours have not gotten down to 12 hours yet you are in preflower. Have the same issue and was wondering about that myself. Can I ask what and how much of the nutes are you giving at this time? From what I understand they need different amounts when in preflower. My first grow as well and I seem to have more questions than answers. Good luck on your grow!

1 Like

Imo, these charts are useless. U never hit the ppm listed just using the trio .
That chart has a bunch of other things going into it that brings the ppm to the suggested level. If

u dont add them your ppm is less then half those #s on the chart.
I had better luck following the label on the bottles and dialing it in from there.
Also ff soil real keeps its nutrient level up untill well into flower. Although i use 25gal pots, so im sure pot size makes a difference.
Good luck with your grow.
Im working on my first harvest and fell in love with it.

1 Like

I hope I ain’t outting you but that looks like the Hitchcock area. I used to live in Hitchcock. And Galveston. :grinning:

Shock

I growed 3 autos in 3 gallon pots following that chart just using the trio and cal mag.

And my current grow of 3 photo period plants in 25 gallon pots using same chart with fish shit foxfarm trio and cal mag

You’re GONNA over water, dude. That’s like a rite of passage.

3 Likes

No, long island

Lookin good.
It’s my first grow, but I found that any nutes before like last week hurt them.
Next run I have to get saucers under them so I can catch the run off an measure the ppm easier.

@Coco27 Hey thanks for the compliments im not doing anything really , i started of with a homemade blend of soil and keep in mind i started my grow before i found this forum…so i used regular miracle grow potting soil with some old soil i mixed with it becauae i have always heard the mg is always way too hot in nutes. So after getting the soil ready i sprouted the seeds in a paper towel…it an old school way that has never failed for me …gwt 2 paper towel put the seed in the center wet the paper towel so it is wet but not dripping fold it up into about a 3 x 3 inch squafe and sit it in the wondow seal wetting and flipping everyday …aftwr sprouts pop unfold the paper towel and plant seeding in its permanent home for me that was a 5 -6 gallon pot ( not knowing which pot to use i used a regular pot from the local grow shop) plant them about 1 inch deep with just a tip of the seedlings showing . I used Fox Farm trio by the book meaninv i didnt deviate from the schedule not 1 but i used the amount and the time just as it said all the way up until the 5 weeks then u started usinv jacks 321 1 week and ff trio the next week so im back and forth up to this point i have used jacks 3 times the other nutes have been fox farm