Electro Culture

Been reading about Electro Culture,going to try it.
Interesting :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’d like to see what Dr. Bugbee has to say about this.

It is obviously fake science.

2 Likes

Interesting, but I’d rather focus on mastering the basics to achieve the best plant health and yield before spending time on what is uncertain, at best.

5 Likes

You are giving this too much credit.

3 Likes

@merlin44 Come on now… The only thing they forgot is to spin 3 times while dancing around the antenna structure while humming with a copper hat on while wearing all Copperfit clothing.

3 Likes

This is essentially “grounding” for plants. A human practice which has/hasn’t been effectively/ineffectively proven/disproven to do something/nothing :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Actually, I came across this same subject awhile ago, and have been extensively researching more information on it.
I think that it works, but how much, and how much differently from a standard grow with out any electro anything in it I don’t know.

The skepticism comes in when something can’t be proven or disproven, and it’s not black and white. There are a lot of ancient gardening techniques that are no longer practiced today, that have been lost, changed, or nobody is around anymore with the information.

The articles I have found and read extensively all seem to point in the direction that this form of gardening works. I’m willing to try it if anyone else is.

Grounding is a little different for us, than plants. That’s a different subject, but the electro gardening harnesses suns unseen energies and directs it into the ground. Have to use copper, and ZERO iron. If anyone has done some research on the zero iron, all implements were made of bronze, or copper before steel became the standard we use today.
All I’ll say is keep an open mind, until proven otherwise.

9 Likes

Not going to disagree. My point is that new growers need to master the basics before they try these optimization techniques.

5 Likes

China is doing research on this as well.
I am trying it and will post progress here when I start. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pretty simple idea… :thinking:
I have some seeds that are going outside that i threw in a big pot for fun , but now there is a bunch of little plants to pick through if i think they are worth picking…
I have a bunch of old 12/2 romex that i can strip and build a big copper pyramid over the top of them thats grounded on all 4 side’s and see what happens for shits and giggles :thinking:
If i actually have the extra f’off time I’ll see what i can come up with… :call_me_hand:t3:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Covertgrower
So here is my set up,using this to tie down branches and will run copper wire all around trellising and stake copper into root zone 12 inches deep…
Buffy is nearly two months old and flowering for two weeks.
Will energize copper with electric fence energizer pulsing at 50,000 volts. :exploding_head:
Will have added bonus of keeping birds away. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s the definition of electro culture, but I say try it and find out. Some other members could use your set up to keep the deer away…. Usually a few members will post about it.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower
Howdy,
Am going to have passive system around plant and energized above, was researching the Chinese technique where they are pulsing copper wire above plants with electricity and thought I would try both techniques. Will keep you posted. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Since all wires, depending on thickness of insulation, bleed electricity to some extent…

Aren’t we all kind of using this already… With lights, heaters, humidifiers, extension cords, fans, exhaust, etc… That’s a lot of energy…bleeding all around our grows.

I have a issue with the “grounding” using wooden dowels with copper wrapped around… Wouldn’t copper dowels be best to ground it… If it actually works.

1 Like

You are supposed to run a wire into the ground I think.

1 Like

Didn’t they sharpen razor blades that way in the 70’s?

1 Like

@Covertgrower
I have bought gear for passive system,won’t have time to do powered pulse array.
Will do that outside next season.
Will be doing passive system on one of two clones to see if any difference .
Bought solid copper rod and copper to make coil,see picture.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing. Bunnies too.

2 Likes

Copper shovels would probably bend into a copper taco. Do they make copper plated shovels?

Interesting side note, metal wires and plant tags on fruit trees last decades. Until the tree fattens and grows into the metal wire (girdling). Then the metal (aluminum/zinc coated) tags corrode away in just a few months to nothing. Once it “grounds” into the cambium layer of the tree.

I wonder if grounded copper wire would corrode away to oxide dust rather quickly too?

@Hashtonbutcher, have you set this up in your grow? And does it work with out the bird sounds? Or better w the bird sounds? Does the energy in the sound waves ground down the wire? He seemed to feel strongly about the bird sounds.

I also don’t understand how a fertilizer or pesticide would make the nutrients “go away” like he mentions in the video. That part did not make sense. They would all be there together in the soil. I wonder if he meant microbes instead of nutrients?

2 Likes

Howdy Noddykitty
I have put passive copper rod and coil in ground with Buffy ,she is in fourth week of flower. Will be doing proper test with two clones from Buffy.
Birds sounds?
Buffy is getting real bird sounds outside.
Still trying to find out about all this,all new to me.
Get led to lots of sites wanting me to buy stuff like Electro culture books for beginners and copper pyramids for $300. :exploding_head:
Pass on that…
Will keep digging and see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face: