Edibles keeping best flavor in final product

I’ve made everclear tincture with swag to practice. Turned out well, but I want to keep terpene signature on the finer flower in my planned canna oil. Planned 1/8 to 1 cup oil in slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours. Will this keep flavors? Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Should work nicely - what temps will slow cooker maintain?

1 Like

The only way you or I can easily extract terpenes without degradation is cold alcohol. This method keeps the original molecules from being chemically changed and done right cuts way down on chlorophyll which is bitter. Cooking will change the flavor profile.

2 Likes

Appreciate the idea, love flower flavor & the ease of edibles.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m concerned and thought a candy thermometer might be useful tool. I’ve decarbbed flower in the oven before.

With everclear tincture, NO HEAT IS REQUIRED. No heat during qwet extraction is what will preserve those terps.

2 Likes

I usually do 235 in a mason jar in the over for 6-8 hours… but I don’t decarb first because I’m lazy and wife doesn’t like the whole house smelling like snoop dog came to visit. Can add lecithin but some say it ruins flavor… I’m more about effect and allows my product to go farther. Good luck

1 Like

Got it. Made my first everclear tincture using the freezer & agitation for 2 weeks. Thanks

Thanks for the info!

Fast is best. Allowing it to sit in the Ever Clear for 2 weeks is unnecessary to extract all the goods, plus long alcohol soaks lead to a green color and flavor.

Try this, next time:

2 Likes

Blackthumbbetty, you rock! I will definitely try this method. I’ve also been browsing your other information. Thanks!:sunglasses:

1 Like