Early magnesium deficiency?

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Dinafem Critical Jack Auto (5 year old seeds)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Coco 70% Perlite 30% in fabric pots

System type?
N/A

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
250-650ppm depending on watering cycle

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor

Light system, size?
1 1200w led 450w actual draw. Just added 1 300w led for better coverage

Temps; Day, Night
Day: 78-83
Night: Guessing around 65-68. Those are average temps at start up.

Humidity; Day, Night
Day: 55-70%
Night: Guessing 55-65%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Have a 16" oscillating fan moving air, and a 80cfm bathroom fan on the floor blowing air out the side vent on the tent.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
No

Co2; Yes, No
No

I have 2 CJA in my 3’x3’ tent and they have been growing fairly well so far no problems really. I noticed some of the larger fan leaves were turning light green between the veins 2 days ago for my one plant that was at that time 2 1/2 weeks old. Today I also noticed my 2nd plant that is 3 1/2 weeks old has just started turning light green between the veins. I am guessing that I should flush them both. I was wondering if I should flush with just ph’d r.o. water, should I add cal mag, or should I do a light nutrient feeding with all of the above? I am using ph perfect grow micro and bloom by advanced nutrients as well as cal-max and golden tree.

2 Likes

Your ph is too high for coco 5.5-6.2 just like hydro :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch!! I got one pot down to 6.1 but the other only got down to 6.4 after 1.5 gallons of 4.4 ph water and another gallon of 5.4 ph. I guess i pobably should wait to flush again to try and drop the ph more. How low ph’d water can I use to adjust the coco?

once you start flush finnish it it stresses your plant so like a bandage picking at it prolongs the pain I would flush right until I am proper range even if it took me 5 gal or more. You can stop when you hit inside of range then adjust future water feed ph to keep ph in range just how I do it

always try flush using proper ph range you are displacing old water and nutrients which are disolving and changing ph as you flush

OK that makes alot of sense :slight_smile: . I would have kept flushing but I ran out of ro water :confused: and my tap water is 550 ppm and 7.9 ph. Would it just work to water till 20% run off with ph’d water every other or every third day till desired ph is reached?

It would but during that time any deficiency issues will continue to progress further I would ph the tap water finish getting to target ph then feed light dose nutes with RO in a couple of days. The 20% run off thing is always good practice so you can test often and track adjust ph ppm accordingly coco is notorious for Cal Mag issues and I am willing to bet a good amount of your tap water is Calcium.

OK well I will have to stress her again tomorrow and hope she isn’t to mad at me lol. Ya my tap water is full of all sorts of goodies, just need to find out what is all in it. The filter on my fish tank and the glass always have issues with mineral buildups Thanks for the advice!! I can’t wait to see her turn around and take off again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I figured I should post an update on the girls. They are doing better still seeing a little bit of damage occurring but very very minimal. I have flushed 2 times now in the last week and it seems to have somewhat stabilized at 6.15 so I will keep monitoring and trying to lower it more gonna water with 5.2-5.4 ph water and see what my runoff looks like.

First pic is from Monday

Second picture is from yesterday I did some training on them. I planted the seed on the right on the 23rd of December and the one on the left was planted on the 28th. Still waiting for solid signs of preflower on both.

1 Like

Looking good
Love the training
Happy growing

1 Like