DWC perpeptual grow room questions

my veg/ clone area is going…

and I have already, 4 solar systems 550s (don’t hate me I brought them before I knew what I should have been buting… I would go qtm boards diy). they have a bloom cover area of 3 ft by 4 ft
and a 3x1.5m tent.

this is what im thinking with three dwc 100l tote systems- the ones with the yellow top (I wanted to be different but no good). @peachfuzz, I put it here… but if you want to my grow journal is here Phoenix Grow, From the ashes...... more DWC - #38 by kettle

and I was thinking I could move one of the lights between the system that needs it…

Could you comment if you have any thoughts, or tag somebody if u think they could help…

cheers kettle.

4 Likes

the wheels were an idea but its on carpet, and I think it will be a nightmare anyway…

I will try to draw up what I’ll be building as soon as possible…
Here are my girls from 4 days ago , getting all kinds of goodies… :grin::wink:

It’s just about what you can make work for how you plan to grow…
What I like most about my systems , is how universal they are… :grin::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

buddy, I really don’t like admitting when im wrong, especially when I spent so much time and money building the other system- it wont go to waste ill be using bits and pieces from that for years to come.

but lets be honest there are a lot of negatives (took up so much space, need all plant to be on same nutes, if something goes wrong it all goes wrong,) and not too many positives, I guess if your into growing individual plants from seed and want them to be monsters whos roots don’t touch but I still don’t get why you wouldn’t want multiple systems. now when something goes wrong I can pick up the lid place it in a spare tub walk everythink into the bathroom and clean it fwarking well.

2 Likes

btw your plants as always are looking somewhat tortured but I know whats to come

2 Likes

6 plants…
One system…
No issues…
Temps in vegg are 75 degrees Fahrenheit to 85 degrees Fahrenheit… no issues…
Try to keep it under 80 degrees Fahrenheit…
Flower is 70 degrees Fahrenheit to 78 degrees Fahrenheit…
Is what I shoot for…
No root issues… :wink:
I will take a pic tomorrow , which will be 6 day’s from light flip…
They are already going crazy… :wink::grin:

3 Likes

ahh thanks man I was trying to keep it under 70. all good, im using uc roots now. your a legend. what about the layout, or I could do a horseshoe with the lights in place…

1 Like

All of my tables will be in the middle of the room with free floating walls to direct my light…
With about 2’ clearance around the tables to attend to everything…
3 tables that are 4’x6’ I hope…
Will have to get a real world measurement to make sure… :wink:
If you can keep roots st 66 yo 68 that would be best…
I just work with I got at the moment…
Outside temps are still ridiculous at the moment…

1 Like

what about with my dimensions…. 9x5, I was going to do 3 tables…

9’x5’ what…
How will this work …
:wink:

1 Like

Im stuck inside, we are in the middle of a big dust storm. no rain, 50km/h winds, at least its not hot though. man I feel for you, every time I think about how bad summer is going to be I think of you and remember… not to be a pussy.

1 Like

I spent hours on sketchup doing a accurate mockup of my grow room… see above… :grinning:

1 Like

Ya … the storm’s here have been getting ridiculous…
I’ll keep you in my prayers brother…
But if my tables are 4’x6’ that equals 12’x6’ …if that makes sense… :wink::grin:

1 Like

I get you, but I have a grow ten that equates to 9 ft by 5 ft, and I have 4 lights, I was thinking of running 3 side by side, because my lights are prob not going to be as hectic as yours. do you think it would work,… well?

Thanks bud were all good. do you get worried you wont be able to live where you live in a… decade, couple of decades… couple of years…

Do you think I would be better off with 2 tables in a 9’x5’ space or 3 tables, if work load was no issue, I could do sog, or scog.

So you’ll have three 3’x5’ tables…?
Will your lights be able to cover that space…?

2 Likes

hey bud I don’t have to but I am just planning, I have 4 solar system 550 (400 watt draw each), they cover 3x4 ft each, I was thinking it was close enough… cheers mate.

1 Like

This is my DIY RDWC system that I got up and running a few days ago.

Pepe

2 Likes