Gh micro
Gh grow
Gh bloom
Cal mag plus
Floralicious
Kool bloom
Hydrogaurd
Ph up

Question is I’m wanting to switch to h202 so do I switch out hydrogaurd with h202 3% or will h202 not work with the nutrients I use?

I feed once a week and keep topped off with water and hydrogaurd throughout the week.
Just really confused how to implement h202 and how much to use per gallon of water

3 Likes

I have a dumb hydro question that I think about every time I see a hydro peroxide discussion. Do hydro growers ever use microbes in their reservoir?

3 Likes

What do you mean? Sorry I’ve always just went off gh feeding schedule so not sure bout microbes

Put a little differently: Soil growers often use a microbe product. Do hydro growers ever use microbe products?

The reason I ask is because peroxide will kill microbes.

3 Likes

Hmm good question but then again I’m not sure what microbes are lol sorry I’m an uneducated grower.

1 Like

I think most microbe products end up clogging hydro lines. I know I’ve read not for use in hydro on some.

3 Likes

No they don’t. A lot of autopot growers don’t either.

2 Likes

H2o2 works fine with nutrients but kills the bacteria in Hydroguard. 10-15 ml/gal of 3% is recommended. I use 12% but only for cleaning the tank and chiller. If I get algae…I flood the table with 3% by mixing down the 12% @ThatHydroCouple

3 Likes

Thanks just ordered a gallon

2 Likes

Yes anyone who follows the Fox Farm Feeding Schedule for hydro does. Microbrew, kangaroots, Big Bloom are a few.

None are of any use if youre using h2o2 though.

3 Likes

Big Bloom is micronutrients rather than microbes. Big Bloom is copper, boron, manganese, iron,… Interesting though since we have one upvote and one downvote on microbes in hydro. I’ve never paid any attention to hydro so I honestly am ignorant. If there are specific hydro products like Kangaroots, then I assume that some do use microbes in their reservoirs.

1 Like

The h2o2 will kill all microbes good and bad, and keep the system sterile. It basically replaces the function of the microbes and helps the uptake of nutrients as well as adds an extra oxygen molecule to the reservoir allowing for more oxygen at the roots.

Im about to switch back to sterile systems just because its way less work

4 Likes

2 Likes

Microbes form naturally in hydroponics and supplementing a pure microbial product can cause problems. From my understanding hydroponics microbe life 10% of what soil does. Naturally just by using nutrients. I’d stick to said nutrients. I just threw away the entire fox farm line. So no comment on that.

4 Likes

I have no issues whatsoever running the entire fox farm line up. Its just to costly to use these for hydro anymore.

I feel i got just as good if not better results on the h2o2.

3 Likes

I abandoned the FF Trio a year or 2 ago. It’s effective, but it’s so salty that it’s a lot of work to keep up with pH.

3 Likes

I can agree to that! In soil is another story. I do know if I were to add an appropriate dose of let’s say… Tribus or fish shit to my reservoir in 24 hours a film would develop in sub 70° temps. And the moment I go to correct drift, witch pH down it would kill a lot of the colony. After 24 hours with microbes that drift would be pretty high which would mean even more pH down than usual… I’d suspect. Which makes me question the authenticity of microbe brew if it is being used successfully hydroponically with pH drift.

2 Likes

Jacks 321 and Southern Ag keep my reservoir and plants happy :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I use Hydroguard in my single tote/reservoir DWC along with GH products…I don’t have any issues with algae all the way thru my grows and clean up does not show any algae/slim or salt deposits …I have never tried a grow without Hydroguard so I really don’t know if it needed or not in my setup but my gut tells me yes it is needed…have a great day growmies!

5 Likes

Good morning Brother, I can’t get Hydroguard here in NC not even shipped. Southern Ag has the main ingredient in Hydroguard at 1/10 of the cost and concentrated. I’ll probably never run out of this 8ounce bottle :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes