Dry/powder Fertilizers.?

Had a few run ins with Betty. Nobody said anything wrong. just got in my head.

4 Likes

i m cool with any discussion, as long as it is intelligent or at least semi- intelligent and as polite as possible.!!
on topic is nice, cannabis related is kind of a given, but we need to stay civil.!

here, i see the community intervening when chit gets near outta hand, admin included,
i encourage everyone to step up and say something if a disagreement gets outta hand.!!
even cannabis can not kill testosterone.!! LOL
i have had F’d up discussions on drinking nights, please post “shut the F up” if u see this.!

if anyone has anything to say on my thread, let it out.!
it is impossibly hard to offend me on the internet.!!!

6 Likes

Geuss what just arrived

7 Likes

I’m interested in how that goes @Nicky

2 Likes

Me to.
I have to work out a plan but I will update everyone eventually

1 Like

Got my sample from Mega-Crop today also. Will be trying some side by side clones with MaxiBloom. The Mega-Crop has quite a bit more in it than I have seen with other basic nutes.

4 Likes

that looks like good chit.!!
lots of cal, mag, plenty of Sulfur, lots of micros,
just gonna need a high P bloom booster and u r set.!!

1 Like

Was thinking the same thing. Their P-K values are a bit low. Also wonder what the initial pH will be. Surprised to see the silica and all of the aminos in the mix.

Maybe percentages are looked at more than ratio. That looks a lot like lucas ratio, which is pretty well documented to need help in nitrogen department from cal nitrate or cal carbonate.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Do you have a reference for the “true” Lucas formula? I have seen so many different ratios and formulations claiming to be Lucas. A few posts in other forums stated the MaxiBloom was based upon Lucas, but couldn’t confirm.

1 Like

that is mighty big ingredients list.!

have u tried u-tube.?
i check GC and see if it is there…

Most refer to 1 part GH Micro 2 parts Bloom being Lucas while others refer to a mix with much higher PK values. This would provide a 5-10-9 mix and I find that to be sub-part in late flowering. maxiBloom is 5-15-14 which seems more appropriate, but I have not tried it yet.

1 Like

The 9-6-17 of the mega-crop seems out of whack and is supposedly formulated as a single formula from seed to harvest with no need for additional supplementation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3k2qL-fFOI
from what i can remember when Lucas was posting it, this video is pretty close.!

that 9 - 6 - 17 is good thru the first week or 2 of flower, but then u will want some more P, i would top dress the pots with high P bat guano when flipped to 12/12, then use a bloom booster (high P) at weeks 4’ish - 8’ish.!

1 Like

LOL, i guess sprinkling guano on a DWC bucket would be kinda silly…??? lol

@WickedAle, just the booster would do the trick in hydro.!!

1 Like

Yup, you have to look at the context of each. The hydrogardens 4-20 blend isn’t intended to ran by itself. It’s considered complete with calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate. I don’t believe they recommend it dosed much by itself, probably not at all. I’d be willing to bet if you look close around the greenleaf info it suggests running calmag with it.

Part of the problem with lucas formula is that some use same principle and mix at 8/16 and others mix at 6/9 depending on medium used.

2 Likes

I’m not a proponent of lucas, mostly because i refuse to support gh/scotts miracle grow/monsanto. I just used lucas reference because it’s identifiable and accepted within growing community. Everyone’s mileage will vary, and that’s kind of what i was pointing out, that you rarely see lucas or even tge best “stand alone” nutrients actually standing alone.

3 Likes

Apparently someone should inform Monsanto to quit feeding conspiracy theorists lol

https://monsanto.com/news-releases/monsanto-and-scotts-miracle-gro-expand-long-standing-partnership/

3 Likes

huh.!

is there any way to stop them from destroying our plant industry.?
i know, deep question, but seriously, if y’all have the time, is there…???

1 Like

So from a conspiracy theory to a distribution agreement. Their is not limited to a mere distribution agreement.

You can buy whatever you want, and I will buy what I want.

1 Like