Dry/powder Fertilizers.?

i m not a chemist and can not remember the names, but from my foot notes…

Sulfur aids in energy production, chlorophyll productions and the production of oil producing enzymes,

from what i gather, S is not a producer of cannabinoids, but it does produce enzymes that r directly making the oils.

i’ll try to find my sources and post em on here.! (don’t hold your breath tho)

2 Likes

@WickedAle

not the best study source, but it kinda explains why our fert’s lower pH of water…
http://extension.msstate.edu/publications/secondary-plant-nutrients-calcium-magnesium-and-sulfur

this is an in depth look at Sulfur, too many big words for me to totally understand…
https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/42410492/The_effect_of_sulfur_nutrition_on_plant_20160208-4747-ljeh5h.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1550684804&Signature=szYpoxgmk%2FLb1AleESxlo57Y%2BVo%3D&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3DThe_effect_of_sulfur_nutrition_on_plant.pdf

neither of these r the article i m looking for, i’ll keep searching later on and post it if its found.!

2 Likes

I’m just an old redneck that can barely spell biochemist, and the phone helped me. I don’t understand exactly what they do, was just told it helps. I’ll remember that YOU are the man to ask when I have a related issue. Just like if I need to know something about lights, I ask my little buddy @dbrn32. It’s nice to have this abundance of knowledge available and people with that knowledge that have a desire to help others. I thank you all for your help

5 Likes

I kinda figured with your experience that would attack by applying the individual elements as you seen fit and going from there.

1 Like

there r companies that have customizable regimes like Psyco and NPK Industries.!
quite pricey tho.!!
after getting established the NPK fert’s look affordable…???

1 Like

Did you consider sourcing cal nitrate, mkp, potash, mag sulfate, etc and building your own?

Exactly where i was going. Its cheap if you don’t buy from npk lol

So let me be sure I understand this. Are you telling me I don’t need the MaxiGro or the LKB and DKB? If not, I won’t buy anymore

the guaranteed analysis is where its at.!
with all fert’s the proof is in the percentages of available nutrients.!

even Miracle Junk will grow hydroponically, but not good.!! LOL
too much non-soluble salts, like Urea and low quality Iron…

if all the ingredients r water soluble then u just have to provide about the right amount of each, numbers and salts.!

Next fun will be playing with Gibberellins. I will be trying my hand at feminizing seeds first but will be looking into additions in the hydro bucket also.

Gibberellins (GAs) are plant hormones that regulate various developmental processes, including stem elongation, germination, dormancy, flowering, flower development and leaf and fruit senescence.[1]

2 Likes

ummm, can i use liquid grow with powder bloom or boost.?

just mix the liquid first.?
or powder first.?

i have a bag seed ‘kush’ plant that loves N, even in flower, bitch,
she has to have more N then Maxi-Bloom provides.
been mixing 50/50 grow/bloom, but just about out of grow, hence the Dyna liquid.!

1 Like

Don’t see any reason why not.

1 Like

I should note for clarification, the plant cannot directly fix nitrogen from the air by itself. It uses nitrogen fixing bacteria at its roots to absorb the N from air in the soil or hydro. That’s why the use of microbes in hydro and wel as soil can be important.

1 Like

@SlowOldGuy I have all of the NPK Industry line up, and I think I spent $200. You probably could spend less or more, depending on the size you purchase. Even if you purchase the smallest bag it makes 200 gallons. By the grow and bloom all in one for soil. For hydro do not buy these. They have molasses and humic acid in them, and will cause issues in hydro. You can purchase each N-P-K ratio individually for hydro. I’ve had pretty good success with NPK, I realized quickly less is more. Whatever they recommend, use less than half. So it does say “200 gallons” but based on this grow it will go farther than advertised. That’s not something you hear often.

3 Likes

I feel like the rest of us are standing by listening twisting our mustache ends.

1 Like

Lol!
well I drop autos this weekend and won’t use the nutes until after veg but I’m interested to hear what @WickedAle ends up going with and liking.

I agree GH dry would be the way to go for ease and cost great starting point but i feel like long term if I can dial this 4-20 mix in I’ll be happy and it will bring my cost down significantly while maintaining quality.

2 Likes

I think you interpreted something wrong?
I am very pleased to have your expertise behind this topic as I’m a science black and white type of person as is @dbrn32 (from what I’ve seen).
That is why I am interested to see what you end up going with and how you like it.
I’ve been growing for my whole life but cannabis also a short time :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure what happened, everything is good?

I think as long as there’s some relation to topic and everyone is friendly, more information the better.

2 Likes

I didnt think you said anything wrong for whatever its worth.

2 Likes