Doom's Terrible Twenty Two

Thats a workout, don’t even have to hit the gym. Great cardio. When I was younger went on an adventure to the sierra mountains Mexico, I visited a small village, had no running water, electricity, they did that daily, and mainly the women were the ones to gather water ,they were in great physical shape and the men farmed and fished. Smoked some great home grown imported from Oaxaca, this was in the 90,'s. And 60 bucks got me a half pound.

2 Likes

You must have Popeye arms dewd!! That’s great exercise and good for you. I doubt I could do that without some conditioning! Plus, that kind of strength would likely screw up my golf swing!! Good on ya Bro!! @DoomSack

3 Likes

Morning all. Slept pretty good last night.

@Mrcrabs @Screwauger
It’s pretty much a sweat-fest. I don’t know if it really raises my heart level enough to be considered cardio.

I’m sure someone probably has me listed in their phone as “Person to call when moving heavy objects up and down stairs.” As a kid I was a go to for that.

I used to unload trucks on a receiving dock and my body type was born for this sort of stuff. I would have made a great pirate. I’d probably be the type to be carrying two chests of gold on my back lol

Only thing that sucks is that I have a condition called hyperhidrosis where I basically sweat like I’m under a hot lamp being interrogated by dirt harry. I would sweat anyways to cool my body but my sweat glands open the valve way up so like dripping off me. After a watering (take that anyway you want) my cloths are pretty much like I jumped into a swimming full to the brim in sweat lol. The great thing is because I sweat so much I honestly don’t smell as bad because my body flushes out most of the impurities. Sucks for hydration. I have to drink loads more water. Soda won’t work, ice tea is fine but straight water for me and loads of ice. Still I’m sure my wife has other thoughts about that smell.lol I love beer too lol. But water first, then beer. Ice cold beer in the summer I find very refreshing.

One piece of advice if anyone is thinking of hauling water for their future grows . Find ways to make it easier on yourself. Take the time to plan out the most efficient routes to walk. Use tools available to assist you. I maybe using the bucket on my tractor to move water and cut half of the trip for example once peak heat starts to play a part in the watering dilemma.

If this is new to you, walk as far as you can, then stop, drop the bucket(s) and rest for a 10-15 seconds and then pick them back up and keep moving. Every trip you will get stronger or your body will say call a friend.

Also don’t run with water. I have lids on my 5 gals because i don’t want to spill any of that water if I can avoid it. If you can run with them you will likely loose 1 gallon of the 5 (even with lids on). I rarely have to stop nowadays. It’s only if I’m at the stage of hauling 6 x 5 gallons I will say I’ve picked my pup up recently and thought water is heavier lol. I also padded the bucket handles for hand comfort (figured that out after the first year of hauling water). Foam pipe insulation could work to beef up the handle.

I mention the handle because those plastic little handles on pretty much every 5 gallon bucket I’ve come across will wear out. They will fall right off after the first season of hauling water if you fill the bucket to the top.

3 Likes

Great advice. I’m wondering if you could somehow bury a 55 gallon plastic barrel nearby :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m in the process of halving the distance I have to walk by adding a water line to the equation.

I already perceive soon in my life I’m not going to be able to keep up this pace I think after 55-60 plus. Maybe, but I’d rather expend the energy on other things.

2 Likes

There’s water, just about unlimited water, 500 feet below the surface at this point it’s just a matter of trenching, getting the materials together and tying into my existing system.

2 Likes

Checked on the girls this evening and everyone was back to normal. Whew! :sweat_smile:They looked just fine. No watering tonight, looks like crisis averted. The top soil is still moist so we are good to go.

4 Likes

Dude I feel your pain…I have carried water to some far away places…hell carried sugar and corn by the ton back in the day I help my ole man make corn liquor…whew…I plant near water now…much easier that way @DoomSack

2 Likes

Great post on the watering techniques and tips @DoomSack

Not to be a party pooper, I’m 57. Ten years ago, I was hiking mountains by myself (smoking doobs galore on the Appalachian Trail), guerilla growing in the mountains and working two jobs. I’ve been in my day job for 15 yrs but for several years I worked evenings and weekends in an LLBean warehouse stocking shelves and picking orders.

Most of what I am going to say is likely due, in large part, to a decline in physical activity but, I have noticed that after 53 or so, man o man, the toll on my body was much more noticeable. I joke with my GF who is 4 yrs younger than I, that it;s all down hill after 50. By this I mean, I develop aches and pains in places that I never have. Raking the yard leaves me with sore wrists for a week. I can pull a muscle reaching for a cereal box, it’s just ridiculous. So basically I am agreeing with you that it is smart to plan for a decline. I am sure it varies widely among us all and one who’s lead a very physical life with good muscle tone (not me) would likely dispute my statements. That’s understandable. Like I said, I could combat it more with attempts to reverse the trend, but my hobby is growing dope in the next room over. lol I could hike 8 miles up a 4000 footer and back down and yes I was beat and my feet hurt but they didn’t hurt for three months!!! I’ve traded tennis elbow in my R and L arms for what must be going on three yrs.

You’ve clearly been giving this a lot of thought and I appreciate the insight into how you make it all work. Glad to hear the girls have rebounded. Thanks and have a good one!!!

Yum, Beer. I love beer but I rarely have one. When I do, cold as cold can be and I am like that with all my beverages. My father in law says it takes years off your life and we should drink room temp beverages. I say no way but he’s 87 and sharp as a tack. Just drove 7 hours one way to visit for 10 days. Peace.

3 Likes

My ole man turned 94 today…he still drives…goes gets his own groceries, still up and cooks his own breakfast every morning …rode his harley up until he was 87 and still talks about the women…lol…I’ll never match him for sure @Screwauger @DoomSack

3 Likes

Happy “cyber” Birthday to him @Sittingbull64
My Mom’s sister is still driving and playing golf, she’s 94 too.
That’s fantastic and encouraging too!!!

3 Likes

That’s a sturdy bloodline you come from my friend!! Happy bday to your old man, congrats on another year of life.!!

3 Likes

So awsome to here that, good genes as well my friend.

3 Likes

What drove me in was old age and helicopters!LMAO

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by last night everyone. My tv was on the fritz last night so we just went to bed super early lol. Anytime there’s a fluctuation in electrical current my tv has to be unplugged completely for a bit before trying to power it back up. I think they call is power recycling. Idk. I didn’t even have the mind power last night to deal with the problem. First thing this morning that tv came right on. lol Going to haul some water after this bowl and snap some photos.

2 Likes

On a normal night i’d be having the tv in the background surfing the web and reading the forum. Last night that tv wasn’t on to keep me from falling asleep lol. Growing weed can wear you out some days. lol I feel up and at’em today though. Off to move 20 gallons of water with some light feeding of Big Bloom, Grow Big, and for the flowering some Tiger bloom.

2 Likes

Good afternoon,
Here’s a peek outside this morning for feeding watering of 20 sweaty gallons. Ok with the temps in the 80’s my heart rate feels raised lololol. I made it half way and stopped. Turned around and rested while walking back to grab the other set. Sometimes it’s a matter of just managing with what you have inside to move this stuff. It got done though.

7 Likes

White Widow A Day Day 65

2 Likes

Northern Lights B Day 65

3 Likes

Northern Lights A Day Day 67

You have to have one in the bunch that is just runting out. This would be considered fox tailing. I assume it’s from some stress.

3 Likes