Doom's Terrible Twenty Two

Sweet, that growth is exploding!! Awsome pics

2 Likes

Good morning everyone,

Sun is out, time to dry out these gals. More rain coming for the next couple of days. Delaying feeding until we get a good couple of days of no rain.

Iā€™m about to got out and check on them after walking my stinky ole pup. The algae is growing on the banks of the pond and this dog likes to eat it. I need to get a pic of him when he has a algae mustache (similar to the popular milk mustache).

3 Likes

You sure he isnā€™t frogging??? And wash his paws off before he goes into the house! Your wife will thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Frogging is definitely a possibility. He likes digging in the mud and is darting his head into the more algae areas. He must be trying to catch the really small ones lol. Heā€™s prone to going after fish that have attracted his attention by jumping out of the water. Heck he maybe going after minnows lol.

Wolfieā€™s a barn and outside pup. He was bred to live in the outback/desert/plains conditions. Itā€™s not that rough out here but can get hot. He always has a large kiddie pool of water and backup 5 gallon bucket (spring summer prep) in case he eats the pool and all the water dumps out. He ate his first small kiddie pool lol. Thatā€™s when heā€™s not at the pond drinking that stuff lol. As a puppy I had him indoors but I really think heā€™d eat out bed and furniture at this point. lol.

2 Likes

Only dogs would do thatā€¦ lolā€¦ Iā€™m laughing hard when I read that. @DoomSack

2 Likes

@Zombo @SmoknGranny

Hereā€™s how you lose 50 dollars very quickly.

Hey honey what do you think about getting something really comfy, a sleeping pad for the pup to sleep on at night that fits right inside his igloo dog house? See look! :crazy_face:

Looks good. I bet he will sleep like a baby tonight!

(next morning)

How did you sleep wolfie?

What sleep? I was too busy to sleep!

8 Likes

Lmaoā€¦been there done that! Got to love your dogs!

4 Likes

Is he a blue heller, if so that very common, ha ha, love it my friend. Our blue was the same. She couldnt be apart from me or would start destroying curtains, night stands, ect. , she was so spoiled, as I can se your is.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had 3 heelers and love them so muchā€¦great smart as hell dogs!

3 Likes

OMG - I just spit my coffee all over my IPad :rofl:

4 Likes

Bwaaah, Iā€™m rolling over hereā€¦ lol @DoomSackā€¦ you gotta love Wolfie!

2 Likes

Totally understand. I have house dogs and outdoor dogs. I miss my pond we had in Missouri. We had a dock that our yellow lab loved to leap off :grin:

2 Likes

Like others have commented, been there :rofl: I once and only once made 20 beds for our kennel dogs one winter. Came out the next day and it looked like it had snowed in the building. Wolfie had a blast just like my setters did :+1:

2 Likes

This is the first heeler Iā€™ve ever had and he really is a hoot. So smart. His kennel looks like a dragon lives in it with all the bones that litter the floor lol. Heā€™s a big chewer. I used to be the chew toy for a good 6 months it was a battle keeping the pup from biting my extremities lol. Heā€™s now 11 months old and still likes to bite his toys and bones, less and less nipping in humans lol

5 Likes

Heā€™ll outgrow a lot of that. However, nipping is how they herd soā€¦ :grin:

2 Likes

Easy come easy go, attaboy Wolfie, train them Masters!! Hahaha heā€™s saying ā€œwhat?ā€

3 Likes

Done. Hahahahaha.

4 Likes

Alright so the weather is faking me out. What I thought was rain just passed right over my head and dumped itā€™s rain a few miles down the road lol. I needed to emergency water. Check out these poor babies. ugh They will recover. The big girls didnā€™t get enough rain. The surface was dry and stuck my finger into the dirt and it was cool but not wet.

They started to perk up after 1.5 gallons of ph 6.5 water for the girls in 7 gallons and 5 gallonsā€¦\ I normally water but when I see on the radar I figured we get some rain. Well it didnā€™t happen so I hauled 15 gallons that I wasnā€™t really prepared to do. Tomorrow I need to check and potentially water with 20 gallons of water. 4x5gallons of water. Itā€™s been in the up 80s so itā€™s starting to peak for water season. Soon I may need 6x5 gallons (30 gallons of water) but we will play it day to day.

7 Likes

Wowzaaa. What a grow you have going on @DoomSack
Looks like a tree farm.
Little dry out does them good, they will love you even more when you give them drinks.
How far do you carry your 5 gallon pails to water the girls?

2 Likes

@Screwauger I haul 2x 5 gallons a little less than a quarter mile each trip and Iā€™d say 1100 feet is a good estimate one way.

2 Likes