Don't Wanna Lose This Time"

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“Im growing in a shed. Its not hot in there and its ventilated. Im using your regular potting soil. Plant is about 3 weeks old. Im useing a 150 watt 1400 lumens light bulb. I also have a plant light but it does not seem to like that atm. I water every other day and so far its good. Its not spotting but the the leaves dont look so green anymore and it looks weak. I have a good fan blowing and i have it on a auto timer. Im doing 20/4. Any suggestions? Light is not to close. Not sure but dont wanna lose this one. I had a 5ft plant i invested alot of time and somehow it came out a hermaphrodite.”

@ILGM.Zoe highly recommend moving the light closer, as you can see it’s stretching quite a bit. Having an oscillating fan directly on it, will help keep it shorter. It may need some nitrogen as it’s starting to mature past the seedling stage. With out more knowledge and what kind of light it is, this the best I can answer. Additional lighting is recommended.

5 Likes

Agreed! have the customer move the light closer that it is now. Repot / transplant into a 5 gallon bag and have the stem buried about 3/4 of the way up to the fist set of leaves.

The fan needs to just make the leaves twitch. I’m not sure what “ventilated” is enough for high temps. they need fresh air, air movement and air circulation!

4 Likes

Listen to these growers. If properly cared for you can have a great plant. Stress can cause plants to herme such as heat, humidity ect. Good luck my friend!

5 Likes

Update. Looks sick?

1 Like

Can you help us help you by filling out this support ticket? Try to be as complete as possible, particularly your watering techniques, ph’ing, and any nutes.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

Your overwatering… :wink:
:v: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you for everything. But im not over watering. Every two days or more i water and not much. Theres something else.

She wants food! @Bman8890

What kind is it lacking ? Its baby leafs fell off about a week before the problems started. Plant is growing good just cant keep the bottom leaves green

@Bman8890 Well to start off very quickly repot into another pot to cover that long lanky stem, and lower that dome light about a foot and a half or so. That looks like a cfl setup in the saucer, so you can get pretty close to the plant. :+1: I’d suggest a trio of some sort, wether it’s GH Flora trio or Fox Farms trio they are all great lines of nutrients out there, it’s up to your location and budget to choose your favorites. Hope I have been of some sort of assistance

4 Likes

@AmnesiaHaze has solid information on that @Bman8890

2 Likes

Well i just moved it into a bigger pot and covered half the stem with soil. Im not gonna transport again for awhile. To much stress on it. Im gonna stop by and get sum nutrients.

Fill out the support ticket so we can help you @Bman8890

Strain; Type, Bag? - bag seed

Soil in pots

System type? Led light

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? N/A

What is strength of nutrient mix? N/A

Indoor

Light system, LED
Temps; Day, Night- 76-74

Humidity; Day, Night-N/A
Ventilation system; Yes, use a fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,-N/A

Co2; - no

@Bman8890 what’s your pH?

6.4 and run off varies from 6.5 to 7

More info please @Bman8890

What is the age of your plant?
What kind of soil?

What size is that pot?

How long ago did you transplant?

How tall is your plant right now?

What kind of LED Light?
Wattage?
How far away is the light?

What is the source of your water?

No Nutrients?

Please tag like @bob31 when you reply so I get the flag! Thanks!

Thanks @Covertgrower and @Bman8890 you should of re-potted into its final home to grow in. :+1: just a thought

1 Like

Its about 5 weeka old. Regular potting soil . ill get the brand when i get home. The pot is a gallon bucket. I transported it from a 34 ounce pot about two weeks ago. It stopped growing so i figured its roots had no more room and were stressing the plant. I was right . when i transported it the roots were wrapped around the container. The plant was almost at 12 in before i transported it and then i covered about 6 inches of it in potting soil after the transplant.the light is a led 1400 lumen grow light. Works well and does not produce alot of heat. Light is about a foot or more above it maybe 15 in above it.the water is distilled water i buy. Ph test at 6.5 . i have not introduced nutrients because i was not sure if it needed it yet? Worried about to much. Ill get you the watt and soil brand as soon as i get to it tonight. @bob31