Distilled Water FYI

I feed with distilled and usually buy a few cases every couple of weeks. I went to Menards, Kroger, Walmart, and Meijer. All are out of distilled water. People appear to be hoarding it.

3 Likes

Its getting stupid what people are doing.
Lowes near me still has some Reverse Osmosis filter systems in stock. 159.00
I have one at the house…Water tests at less than 10ppm, almost distilled.
Pretty easy to install under the sink.

7 Likes

There are RO water machines all over my city - 5 gal for $1, maybe you have them in your area. just buy some empty 5 gal water bottles and refill as needed.

1 Like

meijers at 3pm

3 Likes

I use rain water I collect it have really agreed with w widow and northern light plus I live in a cold climate or early damp fall and it works and my friend gave me a seed turned out to be sativa and in New England they grew 14 ft high truth I have pics but I honestly don’t care if any one believes I don’t need praise but I have so far been extremely lucky but my indoors grows not much yield as I ain’t rich so I have lousy lights but I always get some vegging early for outdoors as the sun is awesome As I am a senior so watch my pennies lol but even though it’s a weed you do need to look at it everyday it don’t take long for a problem to occur but if you pay attention you will suceed

1 Like

I wish I could grow a plant that tall but I have to grow inside and we only have 8 ft ceilings. maybe someday. I have crappy lights too

If your tap water isn’t crazy ppm’s you can use it. Just keep it out for 24hrs for chlorine to evaporate if it is municipal water.
I dont get why so many use reverse osmosis. That’s for well water.

2 Likes

They do make water filters that take out 99% of the Chlorine. Since I added the water filter, no issues no more. My first few months growing had some hard lessons learned and luckily for me I identified the problem real fast. Long before damage took hold.

1 Like

I live in a rural town in missouri…all the water in this part of the state is well water.
And there are abandoned lead mines all over.
Few homes have back-flow devices and stagnant water is pulled into the system all the time.
Its cheap prevention for us. But I understand what you are saying.
Most city water is of very good quality.

1 Like

My tap water usually tests at about 800 PPM. I don’t use it for anything except to wash up in. Coffee, cooking, and everything else has always been with distilled. It’s horrible. Eats appliances and plumbing like nothing I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Wow. Yeah I wish you the best in finding some water for them. It’s a crazy madhouse in michigan. Stores are empty.

1 Like

Wow…I have no problems with my tap water. I use it 50% of the time watering the girls if I havent collected rain water lately. It’s like 100 ppm at 7.5/8 and I don’t even bother with bubbling chlorine off. Maybe I’m lucky I guess but it really isn’t a big deal unless your 100% organic and most of the fertilizers are not. Again maybe I’m just lucky but it’s been 2 yrs now… Make no mistake I definitely pH it.

1 Like

Yeah my tap water sucks, close to 500 ppm with high amounts of arsenic. I don’t even give that crap to my dogs, much less my plants. Had no luck getting any distilled water this weekend for my cigar humidors, will have to use RO instead. Hope those RO machines around town keep working, noticed a lot more people at them over the weekend, and even the 5 gal empty water jugs are sold out everywhere, good thing I have 10 of them at home.

I found about 10 gal of distilled this morning. I settled on “purified” for the rest. I haven’t tested any of the purified yet, but I expect it is RO or similar. The “purified” label requires 10 PPM or less. I tested my tap again this morning too. It was at 700. It’s always been bad, I just didn’t realize how bad it really was.

1 Like

700 from your tap… Man are you sure that’s incredibly high for city water, Godly. I’m sure you’ve verified it against your distilled but damn. Your right I wouldn’t feed that to my prick neighbor’s dog either… LoL

1 Like

Unbelievably high.

I stopped drinking with it about 15 years ago when I noticed a whole lot of sentiment in my kettle I use for tea, ramen noodles, and whatnot. I’m always replacing Moen shower cartridges, faucets, etc… It’s insane. I thought this crap was regulated.

You might have galvanized pipes that effect it. That old crap is filled with sediment. Also hot water can have extra from old hot water heater. So many variables.