Digital Microscope recommendations

Hi everybody. I am a first time grower attempting to grow 3 different strains of autoflower outdoors in soil. My question is about digital microscopes. I have seen some recommend on this forum but when I check reviews on Amazon they tend to be mixed…some calling the products junk and not even close to providing 1000x magnification as advertised. I’m just looking for something inexpensive (under $100) that I can hook up to my Samsung Galaxy s9 and be able to see trichomes. Appreciate your actual experiences with this equipment. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d like to get some suggestions too. How about everyone who has a good option post a few of their pictures so we can compare and make good choices.

1 Like

I use this. It does pretty well. Just clip onto your phone and zoom your phone all the way in.

https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI

4 Likes

I got one from amazon for about $29, it Bluetooths to my IPhone and takes shots like this. You can focus on different parts of the same sample. The key is holding it very still. I prefer to cut a sample and focus on it on a solid table. That is how these shots were taken.

4 Likes

@Tastebuds Thanks for the reply but I don’t think you mentioned which one you bought…and do you know if it’s compatible with Android phones as well?

Sorry. Yes it’s compatible with both.
I’m pretty sure this is the one. Looks like the price went up just a bit, but still a good deal.

2 Likes

So I did end up buying something…very similar to that one if not exactly that one…it connects via wifi to my android phone. Personally I find it very cumbersome to use…like you said you must keep it still. It’s hard to focus and you have to get in real tight to the subject. It will suit my purpose but I don’t really want to cut samples to check trichomes if I don’t have to.

2 Likes

I took this shot yesterday of my diesel auto flower.
I started flush yesterday too based on some of these photos. I’m really happy with it to be honest.

1 Like

No question it can produce quality photos. I just find it difficult to get a non blurry shot…my plants are outside so the slightest breeze moves the plant and its hard to keep the device steady…but it’s clearly capable of producing good photos. Just curious how much before harvest did you decide to flush your plant of nutrients?

I would say when I cut them will be about 7-10 days from the first flush and subsequent water only waterings. That’s the plan, but it depends on how everything goes. So far it looks good, I expect leaves to start dying soon.

1 Like