Deep Six's second journal

Thank you sir. No problem I know you are busy answering questions from other growers on here.

3 Likes

Happy cake day @Deepsix yeah I cater to my photos but still like having Autos around.

4 Likes

Congrats. I am about a year ahead of you cannaversary wise. I started with autos and since I grew my first photo I have only grown one auto. I wanted to see how growing single plants would work out in our upstairs unused bathroom. I worked great so I light proofed it now have another space for photos. Maybe I’ll do another auto or two. I still have a bunch of seeds but my want to grow list outpaces my grow & consumption capacity. You are now growing what I have next in line GDP
This is what is in that bathroom now. Having some fun with six clones in a little SOG. This is from a week ago

She is looking good. You can do so much more with photos in terms of training, grow styles, size etc etc

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

3 Likes

:blush: cake day bruh and nice looking plant too!

3 Likes

I never thought I would grow a photo until my wife said she wanted me to. Now I see how easy they are when something goes wrong to correct unlike a auto but I still enjoy growing autos. I’m debating on getting another tent (2x2x4 or 2x2x3) to veg in while flowering in my 3x3x6 tent. Switching between autos and photo. Tag me when you start your GDP grow.

4 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you Sir.

3 Likes

Happy cake day friend! The plants looking healthy

4 Likes

Thank you bro.

3 Likes

Happy canniversary!

5 Likes

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Thats why I said a long time ago that autos only main big feature is that you can pour light to them and they wont reveg… great for making heavy buds. Some guys here in Canada grow em outdoors because of the short season, but I find it isnt needed if you have the right strain of photo. The big bonus of the photo is you can trip it pretty much anytime you want and veg it as long as you want. You can clone it and grow loads of the same plant. I really dont see the fascination with the auto. I know they are now breeding the super autos… I looked into a thai super auto that seemed interesting, but never pulled the trigger on it. Apparently they can get quite large? ! Which is ironic because the original breeder of the auto ( a Canadian guy ) bred them originally as a novelty… a window plant. They werent ever supposed to get very big originally. Now the move seems to be to get as much volume out of them as you can. I still think in the volume world that pbotos will grow circles around autos in every respect. Glad you are enjoying your grow, and your plant looks really good man. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you sir. That was 1 of things about photo that scared me and looking at your Trees LOL. But the more I read the more I like photo’s. I know now that your plants are Land Race and they turn into trees. As everyone has said you as the the grower control the grow.

2 Likes

Yeah super autos are I think for warmer climates with more sun, they wouldn’t last here in the short season because they veg to long.
Also super autos and fast flowering strains are similar are they not @Cannabian? I don’t know because Ive never grown a fast flowering photo.

Photos and autos both have lots of advantages and disadvantages. Like with autos you can harvest more per year vs growing a bunch of photo fem seeds (if you want to keep exploring more strains) photos can be flipped from day one but they won’t flower until mature so it takes like 5 - 6 weeks anyways.
Some autos flower in 3-6 weeks depending on strain and breeder, some autos grow bigger and veg for longer their all a bit different strain by strain and breeder by breeder.

Autos don’t herm from light leaks and if growing in a cold basement or something it’s nice be able to run lights for 20hr a day.
Another good advantage of autos is if someone has weak lights, get more DLI because lights can be on for longer in flower.

Pros and cons to them all but this debate has been said many times.

Soon it will be gmo vs non gmo. GMO gonna blow the lid off non gmo can’t wait to grow one.

5 Likes

I keep seeing that. But I can grow a photo in a shorter time if I flipped early :grin:
I agree with every thing else :+1: :grin:

6 Likes

That’s why I like autos, but I think I might rotate between growing 2 autos then grow 1 or 2 Feminized photo’s. That and I got 18 seeds of the GDP lol and about ten auto seeds some Bubble Gum, OG Kush and Jack Herer. More than this 74 old will ever need. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @Nicky @Not2SureYet

6 Likes

I would just start a few autos first and then add the photos. That way you get a little extra light for the autos :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I disagree completely with that statement. Photos can be cloned and sent into flower almost immediately, over and and over. I will never be convinced that autos will even come remotely close to out producing photos… just aint goona happen. With autos you need to sprout and grow through whatever veg stage they have. You would need to sprout loads of autos, which I suppose could be done? But you would have some major inconsistencies between plants. You cant control the veg stage at all… with the photos you can decide when they are the right size… you are not able to control size and shape of autos as easily without possible adverse effects. I dont think you would ever see a room with 100 or better autos growing in it? Its super common to see 100 or many more photos in a room. Same as outdoor… loads of clones… never see autos.
That being said, if you are an indoor enthusiast, you must have really good lighting to deliver the DLI you need to pimp out photos! You can grow really good, heavy buds with autos with a weaker light and longer hours per day. Or! And this is the big thing I like about autos… you can bomb the crap out of em with mega light for longer periods! This can really bulk buds up quite dramatically! Like football sized buds! Yarnt likely to ever get those results with photos.
All this being said, Im not opposed to giving an auto a try outdoors? The thai super auto sounds really appealing to me.

5 Likes

I wasn’t saying they would out produce photos. Just that they were not always faster cycled compared to a photo :grin: I think they are about the same grow times or an edge to the photos.
Sorry to make you type all that.

4 Likes